early saver/pack and go rate/porthole question

jackdis

HI Everyone,

I have always had good luck with the early saver program. Saw a fare drop with the pack and go rate and applied for it, and it did not qualify due to the porthole cabin I have booked. I DO NOT want to change my room. I will keep all as is. I just don't understand.....I thought a porthole was considered an interior category stateroom, not a "better" one as mentioned in the email I received....see below:

The rate requested is for the pack and go promotion which does offer an interior category (IS) at $299 per person. However, this is a lower category than the PT porthole window purchased. If you would like to take advantage of this rate, we can make a one time exception and allow the downgrade. Please note by moving to this category, you are only guaranteed an interior cabin which may be anywhere on the ship. With this category, you would lose the current cabin you have selected, which includes the two porthole windows, and would not have the option of choosing your cabin assignment or location preference. The IS category only guarantees an inside stateroom with no window.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

This isn't making sense to me. If it was a past guest rate, would the early saver price protection been honored? Sorry about all the questions...

Thanks!!

HI Everyone,

I have always had good luck with the early saver program. Saw a fare drop with the pack and go rate and applied for it, and it did not qualify due to the porthole cabin I have booked. I DO NOT want to change my room. I will keep all as is. I just don't understand.....I thought a porthole was considered an interior category stateroom, not a "better" one as mentioned in the email I received....see below:

The rate requested is for the pack and go promotion which does offer an interior category (IS) at $299 per person. However, this is a lower category than the PT porthole window purchased. If you would like to take advantage of this rate, we can make a one time exception and allow the downgrade. Please note by moving to this category, you are only guaranteed an interior cabin which may be anywhere on the ship. With this category, you would lose the current cabin you have selected, which includes the two porthole windows, and would not have the option of choosing your cabin assignment or location preference. The IS category only guarantees an inside stateroom with no window.

This isn't making sense to me. If it was a past guest rate, would the early saver price protection been honored? Sorry about all the questions...

Thanks!!

From what I've read here is Pack & Go rates are for guarantee rooms where Carnival picks the room for you. So if you'd like to price match that, you have to go with the rules for the fare. If it was another type of rate that you qualified for, PG, Senior, Military, then you would in fact be able to price match that fare.

Thanks...that makes sense then as to why they approved the price drop when it was a past guest rate. I guess.....LOL......

I've been very lucky with early saver...guess you could say spoiled! Thought I was getting another little credit with this price drop!

Oh well.....cruising soon! Life is good!

Thanks again!

Anytime you ask for a price reduction for a different cabin type, you must be willing to change to that classification if you want the offerred price; however, I don't get the PT comment. Maybe the respondent just did not know what they were talking about. You could always resubmit & see what happens.

I believe a porthole cabin is considered an inside BUT a PT which used to be a 5A not a 4A,B,etc. I think you made a wise choice sticking with your porthole.

Agreed! I even responded to the email to make sure that my cabin was NOT changed......checked my booking too. Still PH. Looking forward to seeing what it's like. :)

Anytime you ask for a price reduction for a different cabin type, you must be willing to change to that classification if you want the offerred price; however, I don't get the PT comment. Maybe the respondent just did not know what they were talking about. You could always resubmit & see what happens.

Thanks. I think I might, just to see what response I get. I've heard (read!!) of so many people getting different responses regarding early saver. Just want to make sure I still have my PH! :)

Thanks!

If you had been willing to give up your PT, it almost sounds like it might have been allowed.

Some had been told no, that pack n goes are for new bookings only

All pack no gos are only guarantees, which are a lower category than your PT

I recently changed a resident rate to a pack and go.

It was before final payment was due.

And I had to give up the cabins that had been "chosen".

Initially, we booked two cabins and they were inside Riveria deck all the way forward.

Okay, but not really exciting, you know?

When I changed it to pack and go I had to give up the two and take a guarantees, which might or might not be on the same deck.

Since the original two were on different sides of the ship they were not really together anyway.

And the guarantee at least makes it a bit interesting.

Kind of gambling for better cabins.

I'll prpbably end up in the kitchen or an elevator shaft...:rolleyes:

I recently changed a resident rate to a pack and go.

It was before final payment was due.

And I had to give up the cabins that had been "chosen".

Initially, we booked two cabins and they were inside Riveria deck all the way forward.

Okay, but not really exciting, you know?

When I changed it to pack and go I had to give up the two and take a guarantees, which might or might not be on the same deck.

Since the original two were on different sides of the ship they were not really together anyway.

And the guarantee at least makes it a bit interesting.

Kind of gambling for better cabins.

I'll prpbably end up in the kitchen or an elevator shaft...:rolleyes:

That's funny! I hope you end up in a better spot. I am staying where I am for this cruise, but for future information......is the guarantee in the same category? (So since I am already a porthole interior, I really wouldn't get any better than that.) Or might it be to a higher category stateroom?

Please let us know what happens when you return. Have a great time!

That's funny! I hope you end up in a better spot. I am staying where I am for this cruise, but for future information......is the guarantee in the same category? (So since I am already a porthole interior, I really wouldn't get any better than that.) Or might it be to a higher category stateroom?

Please let us know what happens when you return. Have a great time!

Guarantees, are IS, OV and BL ... just a general guarantee for all insides, all OVs and all balconys.

Carnival used to offer say 4B gtys, but I have not been seeing them lately.

Same thing happened to me - I booked a PT on Early Saver and submitted for a price drop and got this reply - we have 2 cabins booked side by side, so I didnt not want to change cabins, or lose the porthole (other cabin is OV)

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

The rate your requested is available under our Pack & Go Promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories. In order for us to be able to reprice your reservation to the lower rate you requested, you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing. At your earliest convenience, please let us know if you still want us to proceed with the price adjustment you requested.

Archived