Oasis of the Seas - Chefs Table

Sailing July 2nd on Oasis and I've been hearing about a Chefs Table and was curious to find out what it includes. We have some friends that did it on Carnival, and it sounded wonderful, but very curious on the details of what it includes and menu.

Thank you.

We are doing the Chef's Table on our 4/30 Oasis cruise. It's my understanding that it is a set menu with wine pairings at each meal. The seating is limited to 14 people. Every review that I read on CC has been positive, with many raving about how wonderful it is. :) I am VERY excited about this - the night we chose is our 25th anniversary and it seemed a fabulous way to commemorate the occasion. Someone has a previous post (I think it was Brian Alt but I'm not 100% sure) that has pictures and a course by course review. I have heard that the menu has changed some, but either way - it should be very special!! :)

We did the Chefs Table on our Feb 26, 2011 Oasis cruise. The charge is $75pp which includes the wine pairing. You must arrive on time as the courses are served to everyone at the same time - it is only one large table. Each wine is described by the wine steward and each course by the chef. This is not a dinner for you if you are in a hurry (like for a show). The menu changes depending on the chef- who said he personally cooks the entire meal. No one had any special dietary concerns so I don't know how that would be handled.

I DON"T DRINK SO DO YOU THINK I WOULD STILL ENJOY THE CHEF'S TABLE?:confused:

I wouldn't recommend it. You'd still enjoy the food, but you can do better with your money at Chops or Giovanni's or even 150 CP.

Thank you for all the information it is greatly appreciated. Sounds like something great to do without our girls, who are 16 and 17. I'm sure they can visit the windjammer or another dinning option that evening.

Happy Sailing!!

Sailing July 2nd on Oasis and I've been hearing about a Chefs Table and was curious to find out what it includes. We have some friends that did it on Carnival, and it sounded wonderful, but very curious on the details of what it includes and menu.

Thank you.

I am on the same sailing and am booked for this for my birthday! Cannot wait to try it.

Wendy

We are booked at the Chef's Table during the May 14 trip and I have noticed that it is a fixed menu but I also read that certain food allergies can be catered for. Who would I tell that I am allergic to crustaceans i.e. shrimp, crab and lobster in advance of our reservation?

We did the Chefs Table on our New Years cruise and it was FANTASTIC, food and wines were wonderful and the entire evening was so entertaining. You were able to ask questions of the Chef at each course. We all received the newest cookbook and Chef Table aprons - (paper) but a nice touch. We will do it again!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned home from the April 23rd sailing on Oasis OTS and did the Chef's Table on the 4th night of the cruise. It was a definite highlight of the cruise for us. The menu was as has been previously posted, a lobster and crab salad, a trio of soups (pea, oxtail, and mushroom), a duck stuffed spring roll, a lamb rib/chop, plus a couple of apple based deserts. All accompanied by select wines to complement the course. Wines ranged from a sauvingon blanc, to a pinot noir, to a chilled sake, a cab, and then a very sweet late season desert wine. The chef and sommelier did an excellent job in preparing the courses, selecting the wines, and describing all of it to us.

We had one participant that night who had previously identified 'concerns' with some of the items on the planned menu, and she received alternate selections. Each time that a course was presented and an alternate selection was provided, the chef described the alternate for that guest. It was handled very well and smoothly by the chef and sommelier.

Also as previously noted, this is NOT a meal for someone who likes to rush through a meal. It was easily a three hour event. Allowing us a nice relaxing time to meet and talk with the other guests at the table.

The only dissappointing thing for me was that apparently RCI does not include the cookbook and chef's apron with the dinner any longer. Of course, If I hadn't read that it had been included in previous messages, I wouldn't have known to expect it, and so wouldn't have been dissapointed. So I guess for once, knowlege was NOT a good thing!

Anyway, it was a great evening, and I will happily do it again on my next cruise if it is offered!

We just returned home from the April 23rd sailing on Oasis OTS and did the Chef's Table on the 4th night of the cruise. It was a definite highlight of the cruise for us. The menu was as has been previously posted, a lobster and crab salad, a trio of soups (pea, oxtail, and mushroom), a duck stuffed spring roll, a lamb rib/chop, plus a couple of apple based deserts. All accompanied by select wines to complement the course. Wines ranged from a sauvingon blanc, to a pinot noir, to a chilled sake, a cab, and then a very sweet late season desert wine. The chef and sommelier did an excellent job in preparing the courses, selecting the wines, and describing all of it to us.

We had one participant that night who had previously identified 'concerns' with some of the items on the planned menu, and she received alternate selections. Each time that a course was presented and an alternate selection was provided, the chef described the alternate for that guest. It was handled very well and smoothly by the chef and sommelier.

Also as previously noted, this is NOT a meal for someone who likes to rush through a meal. It was easily a three hour event. Allowing us a nice relaxing time to meet and talk with the other guests at the table.

The only dissappointing thing for me was that apparently RCI does not include the cookbook and chef's apron with the dinner any longer. Of course, If I hadn't read that it had been included in previous messages, I wouldn't have known to expect it, and so wouldn't have been dissapointed. So I guess for once, knowlege was NOT a good thing!

Anyway, it was a great evening, and I will happily do it again on my next cruise if it is offered!

were you limited on the amount of wine you had during each course????

We have done chef's table twice. I dont drink wine but my other half and friends all do. I still had a great time. E wine was free flowing at both dinners. We dis the Oasis and Allure. I am surprised to hear no more books and apron. On the Oasis last year we got one book per couple. On the Allure this past March each person got a cookbook.

Edited by ken987

There was not a set 'limit' on the wines. However, there was only a set amount of bottles opened - they might pour a little more but I doubt they would open additional bottles.

There was not a set 'limit' on the wines. However, there was only a set amount of bottles opened - they might pour a little more but I doubt they would open additional bottles.

Well since the fiance doesn't care for wine... I'd just drink his share. :D

This sounds great. I'm cruising with my parents on Allure in September - DH and kids staying home for this one. I'm pretty certain that I'll be alone in doing this, so 2 questions for you folks - do you think a single middle-aged lady would feel out of place, and how does one sign up for this event?

Thanks,

MA

This sounds great. I'm cruising with my parents on Allure in September - DH and kids staying home for this one. I'm pretty certain that I'll be alone in doing this, so 2 questions for you folks - do you think a single middle-aged lady would feel out of place, and how does one sign up for this event?

As a middle aged lady... I think we are the foodie generation so why would you feel out of place? :) If you like good food and hearing about how it's prepared then it seems like the perfect place to go and hang out with others like yourself. The alone part won't matter a bit.

Dancer: there seemed to be no limit on the amount of wine we were served, or atleast we didn't hit it! The sommelier made a point to tell us at the start that if we liked a particular wine, let him know, he'd pour more... and he did!

Thanks,

MA

MA, if our group was any indication of most seatings, I'd say go for it! Our table was made up of a wide variety of people from different experiences, and most everyone jumped in to the group dynamic, sharing the good time. If you do decide to do it, I hope you have a great time, and enjoy the experience!

MA, if our group was any indication of most seatings, I'd say go for it! Our table was made up of a wide variety of people from different experiences, and most everyone jumped in to the group dynamic, sharing the good time. If you do decide to do it, I hope you have a great time, and enjoy the experience!

Thanks - I think I'm going to. It sounds like a lot of fun.

MA

• 5 years later...