Two pullman beds OR a sofabed and one pullman for teens

Looking at the deckplans for the Serenade, I see I booked cabin 8088 (it has a little "t" on the deckplan that indicates two pullmans in the room). Cabin 8102 is also available and it has a solid diamond indicating a sofabed and one pullman for the 3rd and 4th guests. My kids are early teenagers, which bedding arrangement is better.

We would love to book two connecting, but too much $$$.

I tend to think that 2 pullmans would be better than one pullman and a sofabed. Our sofa tends to become a junk collector as the cruise progresses (and occasionally a place to sit;)). If it's also a bed, you'd have to clear it off every night, and while it's made into a bed, you have no sofa. Also if it pulls out into the room in order to become a bed (can't remember if it does), then you lose a lot of precious floor space while it's out. With pullmans, you don't lose any floor space, although depending on how they are arranged, they will overhang something. Just my opinion.

Either way, it is going to be tight. We prefer to get two connecting staterooms. However, if I had to choose, I would pick two pullmans. The sofa bed takes up a lot of room in the room. It is much easier to get around with the pullmans down than with the sofa bed open.

I would also vote for 2 pullmans. We just got back from the Mariner and my son says the pullman was quite comfortable. The cabins are small enough that the sofa bed takes up most of the available space when it'd unfolded. The pullmans have their own ceiling light for reading which is a nice touch.

Either way, it is going to be tight. We prefer to get two connecting staterooms. However, if I had to choose, I would pick two pullmans. The sofa bed takes up a lot of room in the room. It is much easier to get around with the pullmans down than with the sofa bed open.

We have had 8102 before on Serenade.

pullman was above main bed so right above dh and my head. everytime dd rolled i woke. Sofa was quite short and just fitted ds 7 who is quite tall for his age. balcony is huge but the 4 of us 3 years on would not book this room.

• 1 month later...
We have had 8102 before on Serenade.

pullman was above main bed so right above dh and my head. everytime dd rolled i woke. Sofa was quite short and just fitted ds 7 who is quite tall for his age. balcony is huge but the 4 of us 3 years on would not book this room.

Hi Newgirl2201, just wondering if you have any photos of the bedding layout? Thanks for your help :)

We've done both in the past and the sofabed is so uncomfortable. We had the opportunity to go with a suite on Monarch, but it would have involved someone sleeping on the dreaded sofabed. We don't have a problem with the comfort factor of a pullman. Definetely go with a pullman over a sofabed. The person that gets the sofabed is getting screwed!

Looking at the deckplans for the Serenade, I see I booked cabin 8088 (it has a little "t" on the deckplan that indicates two pullmans in the room). Cabin 8102 is also available and it has a solid diamond indicating a sofabed and one pullman for the 3rd and 4th guests. My kids are early teenagers, which bedding arrangement is better.

We would love to book two connecting, but too much $$$.

My teens much prefer two Pullmans and it gives you more space in the cabin. The sofabeds tend to be less comfortable. You also have to jump over the sofabed when it it is use if you want to go to the bathroom. Keep the cabin with the Pullmans!

We were on Serenade and the sofa beds just aren't long enough (son is 5'4" and his feet were off the end). According to my daughter (who, at 4'8", just fit) the sofa bed wasn't particularly comfortable. We asked room attendant to add an extra mattress pad/cushioning to sofa bed and that made it more comfortable for daughter, but it wasn't ideal. She definitely prefers a pullman.

Archived