Cozumel & Progresso HELP!!!!

Wippi6

Hi,

I have 4 kids and I was wondering if I really need to book the beach break thru the cruise or can I just as easily and less expensively take a taxi to the same beach place? We don't want to spend all our time we have at the beach, we want to shop as well.

Also, any opinions on what to do in Progresso Yucatan?

Hi,

I have 4 kids and I was wondering if I really need to book the beach break thru the cruise or can I just as easily and less expensively take a taxi to the same beach place? We don't want to spend all our time we have at the beach, we want to shop as well.

you can easily walk off and arrange the beach break in Cozumel. WHat dis it you want to do in Progresso? You can walk to the beach (from where the free bus drops you off).

Hi,

In Cozumel you can take a taxi to the beach. Try Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos.

We went to Progresso as a replacement for Grand Cayman due to rough seas. Since we didn't have time to research it out we just did some shopping right at the dock. Lot's of little stores.

In Cozumel you can take a taxi to the beach. Try Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos.

We went to Progresso as a replacement for Grand Cayman due to rough seas. Since we didn't have time to research it out we just did some shopping right at the dock. Lot's of little stores.

Progresso is like Cozumel was 15 years ago. Very nice little town and shops.

Cozumel, walk off the boat and talk to the beach.

Progresso, the pier is 5 miles long, take the free bus to the drop off point and there is a beach you can walk too.

Shopping is available in both ports.

I always take our own snorkleing gear. The thought of putting a used snorkle, used by hundreds, just gives me the creeps.

Enjoy your cruise.

On our last family cruise to Coz, we took everyone to Paradise Beach. You will need to take a taxi, but once there, it is quite kid-friendly. There's also food and drink for adults, as well as free wifi for your laptop or notebook, beach massages, parasail, and wave runner rentals. Their restrooms are quite clean also. There are taxis there all day. Some in our group left after a while and took a taxi downtown for shopping.

On our last trip to Progreso, we took a double-decker bus ride around the city. You will see the double-decker bus when you get off the free bus to downtown. For $2, you will be toured all around Progreso and the guide tells you about all the points of interest. Later, we walked back into town thru the main market and found the Internet cafe we saw from the bus. For $1 for one hour, we were able to FB and email everyone about our trip. After that, we walked down to the beach. It is about 2-3 blocks from the bus. There are plenty of bars and restaurants along the street in front of the beach for food and drink. Most of them will serve you at their tables on the beach as well. Though there are lots of hawkers on the beach trying to sell you stuff, usually a "no gracias" will send them on to someone else.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Have taken my kids to Paradise Beach many times and they have always had a good time. You can buy your children wristbands to use all the water toys. Mr. Sanchos is also fun and has a pool. Both are a short taxi ride and in my experience will spend much less than you would on a ship sponsored excursion.

You didn't state your kids ages but the Fury Catamaran (snorkle/beach) sold through CCL is a lot of fun as well.

Archived