Butlers?

kcwiak

Thanks all! You saved me a lot of $$! How are the ocean view vs balcony?

The total space is the same- the ov has it all inside, the balcony has it inside and outside. Depends on whether or not you like balconies- I love being able to go out and hear and smell the ocean. Sounds like you have some experience so you must have an opinion. I do prefer balconies, others don't car much.

Thanks all! You saved me a lot of $$! How are the ocean view vs balcony?

Sitting out on the balcony is significantly different that looking through a window. Once we tried a balcony, we were hooked.

Take me, I'll be your maid or your huckleberry. You will have to step up for Butlers, Carnival has stewarts.

Stuarts and stewards even too :p

I see that NCL has butlers when I toy with booking a family suite (to the tune of 20 grand LOL), but other than what a steward does, I haven't a clue either but it would be cool to have one simply so I can tell my friends about how my butler did this or that LOL

Well when I went on Princess we were in a suite with a butler and he brought us tea every day at 4 (after I asked on the first day but did not expect every day). He brought us dinner in the room and served us. He basically would have done anything I guess. :D

For $20k, I'd want more than tea! :)

Yeah, they had better wipe my kids' butts for that kind of money. To be fair, that was for a 14 day Hawaii cruise. We could do a week elsewhere for about half that. I prefer the Hawaii thing though if I am going to look at things I cannot afford.

DH and I book mostly suites on Carnival and we have never had a butler. We also have had a large suite on Holland America and no butler there either. I don't think we need one, though. DH keeps telling me he's my Personal Assistant, so what would I do with a butler?

Remember that one of Carnival's advertising campaigns has something to do with all passengers being treated the same. There are no significant perks for suite passengers on Carnival aside from priority embarkation and disemarkation that I can recall. That is, aside from the extra space and, in our case, the huge wrap around aft balcony. :D We've had that suite twice now. :D

We've had a butler on NCL. He brought us our nightly canapes, kept the room stocked with the tea that we preferred for the Keurig or Keurig-like machine, etc. He also brought us menus for the main dining rooms to review so we could decide what nights we wanted to eat in the main dining room (NCL has all anytime dining and many extra charge restaurants so there are many choices each night). It was a nice extra touch to have a butler, but not necessary.

Archived