MTD, early or late seating

My sister's travel agent (I have used this agent in the past also) has advised my sister to select early or late seating. The agent told my sister she and her husband may use the My Time Dining Room on a day by day basis if they do not want to dine at their assigned time, whether it be early or late seating.

It is my understanding if you are assigned early or late seating, you can not show up to be seated in the My Time Dining room. The tables in the My Time Dining room are allotted only to those who have selected MTD as their dining choice.

Is the travel agent advising my sister incorrectly or am I the one who is not correct? Thanks.

My sister's travel agent (I have used this agent in the past also) has advised my sister to select early or late seating. The agent told my sister she and her husband may use the My Time Dining Room on a day by day basis if they do not want to dine at their assigned time, whether it be early or late seating.

It is my understanding if you are assigned early or late seating, you can not show up to be seated in the My Time Dining room. The tables in the My Time Dining room are allotted only to those who have selected MTD as their dining choice.

Is the travel agent advising my sister incorrectly or am I the one who is not correct? Thanks.

Your travel agent is incorrect. Once you choose MTD or traditional, you cannot interchange them. We were in a Grand Suite on Explorer last summer and were late getting back from an excursion to make our early dining time and thought the concierge would be able to get us MTD reservation...nope....could not happen since we had selected traditional dining. So we ended up getting space at an open table at the late dining traditional dining time. You gotta pick one of the other. Good luck and thank goodness you checked with Cruise Critic!!

Archived