Im Sad!!

stoneharborlady

Just realized, I should be boarding the Crown this morning. We had to cancel as my sisters doctor said she had to schedule surgery for a new knee. She could barely walk anymore, so it had to be. We canceled a couple of months ago, and I put it out of my mind. Just noticed in my signature, the ship leaves today! We had to cancel the cruise before this one too.

The next one I am going on NO MATTER WHAT.

Karen

I am so sorry that you had to cancel your cruise, as well as the one before. That must be heartbreaking. I wish your sister all the best with her recovery and I hope when you finally get to cruise again that you all have a blast.

Just realized, I should be boarding the Crown this morning. We had to cancel as my sisters doctor said she had to schedule surgery for a new knee. She could barely walk anymore, so it had to be. We canceled a couple of months ago, and I put it out of my mind. Just noticed in my signature, the ship leaves today! We had to cancel the cruise before this one too.

The next one I am going on NO MATTER WHAT.

Karen

Life always comes with its ups and downs for all of us.:p

You now have so much to look forward to and enjoy even more on your next adventure with Princess...:)

WELCOMR TO THE CLUB... I'm having jackets made for us!!

March 2nd I had to sit at home and watch Golden Princess Sail to Hawaii WITHOUT US. Our traveling companion diagnosed with Cancer, so we await his victory in the battle and hopefully we sail next winter.

Boy do I know how you feel!!!! Misery loves company.

I can relate. I was booked on the Jewel of the Seas 10 night cruise that left yesterday :(

I canceled due to budget/vacation time issues. I guess the good thing is I'm leaving on Tuesday for four days in Hawaii instead. Still, that 10 day cruise would have been nice.

I have two others booked at the moment, so I do have something to look forward to. My Greek Isles cruise is going to happen!!!!

Karen,

When we had to cancel for similar reasons, we 'took' the cruise vicariously by webcam. Watched the ship in ports and while at sea. Not anywhere as much fun as the real thing but took the sting out of being stuck at home with chemotherapy treatments. And we took the make-up cruise last year and have had one more since then, with two more on the books.

Karen,

When we had to cancel for similar reasons, we 'took' the cruise vicariously by webcam. Watched the ship in ports and while at sea. Not anywhere as much fun as the real thing but took the sting out of being stuck at home with chemotherapy treatments. And we took the make-up cruise last year and have had one more since then, with two more on the books.

Cheryl, I did watch the Crown leave late this afternoon. Everyone on board waved goodbye to me, even those that never heard of me (that was sweet), but I was still, oh so jealous, not nice, but I couldnt help it!! I sure did enjoy hearing the ships horns as they left port. I sat through 4 sailaways this afternoon, Carnivals Freedom, RCIs Navigator and Oasis (HUGE) and Crown. Oasis made the most noise, but I sure did enjoy it.

Karen

We've had to cancel a couple of times so I know how you feel. If it helps, the cruises we scheduled after those cancellations turned out to be some of our most memorable. I don't think I could stand not having at least one cruise scheduled in the future (currently one scheduled and holding two open bookings spread across three cruise lines).

So sorry for you! :( I know how that feels but like everyone else has said....Book another!!! The next cruise will be twice as enjoyable and you'll savor every minute. My best wishes for a speedy recovery for your sister.

WELCOMR TO THE CLUB... I'm having jackets made for us!!

March 2nd I had to sit at home and watch Golden Princess Sail to Hawaii WITHOUT US. Our traveling companion diagnosed with Cancer, so we await his victory in the battle and hopefully we sail next winter.

Boy do I know how you feel!!!! Misery loves company.

I will wear the jacket with pride, make mine a large please! Wishing good health to your friend, and will cross my fingers for all of you.

To everyone, many thanks, if anyone knows how I feel, you all do.

Karen

I'm sorry; I do feel your pain. I had to cancel two cruises in a row a couple years ago and it was awful (I began to worry that people on roll calls would think I was some kind of stalker!). However, just as DeepWater said, the one after those cancellations was an awesome, fantastic cruise through the Panama Canal, which was soooooo totally worth the wait! So, keep your spirits up; a wonderful cruise is in your future. And, look on the bright side: come disembarkation day of this current cruise, you won't have to be packing up and saying goodbye to the ship!

Archived