Registering Upon Arrival for Splendor in LB ?S

Hi I have read on a few different Threads, that in order to register upon arrival in Long Beach for cruising on the Splendor you are required to register on the Queen Mary. This sounded a little strange to me. I was hoping someone could explain this to me. Is this right? If so why is that? Thank you for the information.

Rhonda

Early arrivals (VIP) can go onto the Queen Mary and check in early. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but if it gets me on the ship earlier...I am all for it. We have done it before and plan to next month, when we board the Paradise. It is right next to the ship, and no big deal. It is kind of interesting & my son looks forward to checking out the history on the QM.

Early arrivals (VIP) can go onto the Queen Mary and check in early. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but if it gets me on the ship earlier...I am all for it. We have done it before and plan to next month, when we board the Paradise. It is right next to the ship, and no big deal. It is kind of interesting & my son looks forward to checking out the history on the QM.

Long Beach now has it's own VIP check in building outside the dome to the left if your looking at it. Anyone can check in at the Queen Mary, generally between 9-11. They are then given a Zone 1, Zone 2 ect.. That will be there place in line after the wedding parties, disabled and VIP's board. Hope that helps!!

Great question, I was wondering about the QM check in too! For those in the know, we'll be traveling with in-laws (in their 80's) and we have suites. If we arrive around 1:30 what can we expect as far as lines go? They are pretty mobile but have some trouble with standing a long time. 10 weeks!

Great question, I was wondering about the QM check in too! For those in the know, we'll be traveling with in-laws (in their 80's) and we have suites. If we arrive around 1:30 what can we expect as far as lines go? They are pretty mobile but have some trouble with standing a long time. 10 weeks!

You will check-in at the VIP building that is located between the parking garage and the dome. There are places to sit while you wait to be checked-in. After you get your Sign&Sail cards, go all the way to the far right entrance of the dome and go thru security.

You will check-in at the VIP building that is located between the parking garage and the dome. There are places to sit while you wait to be checked-in. After you get your Sign&Sail cards, go all the way to the far right entrance of the dome and go thru security.

Thanks Rosefloater! Assuming disembarkation goes fine do you think the lines will be minimal or still a wait at 1:30?

BTW - Love your countdown clock!!

Re the Queen Mary question, I asked the GSM onboard the Carnival Splendor who said; " We use the Queen Mary in case of bad weather for the rest of the time we do the early check in outside. We also use the VIP lounge as normal.

Hope this helps.

Hope this clears it up~

My friend and I will be sailing on the Splendor the end of June in a Lido deck balcony cabin..with no VIP status. We are flying in the day ahead and taking super shuttle to the pier.

We have read about pre-registration for the cruise and receiving a funpass.... does this speed up the process upon arrival at the pier or do you still stand in the long lines that have been discussed at Long Beach?

What is a good time to arrive at the pier and avoid spending hours standing in line waiting to board ? We would like to board as early as possible without the long wait - also understand that circumstances like delayed disembarkation of the previous cruise or custom/immigration issues can occur so no guarantees.

Thanks ahead of time for the information.

We have read about pre-registration for the cruise and receiving a funpass.... does this speed up the process upon arrival at the pier or do you still stand in the long lines that have been discussed at Long Beach?

By filling out the funpass beforehand, it speeds up the process for you at check-in. They will have all of your info already in the system. If you didn't fill out the funpass, then you will have to give the check-in person all of your information and that takes time.

My friend and I will be sailing on the Splendor the end of June in a Lido deck balcony cabin..with no VIP status. We are flying in the day ahead and taking super shuttle to the pier.

What is a good time to arrive at the pier and avoid spending hours standing in line waiting to board ? We would like to board as early as possible without the long wait - also understand that circumstances like delayed disembarkation of the previous cruise or custom/immigration issues can occur so no guarantees.

Definately complete your fun pass in advance and bring your printed copy with you. I would arrive no later than 10 am if you want a low number boarding zone. Will you have to wait a while before boarding. Yes, however better to wait then and be some of the first onboard or come later and wait in a long line and board with the multitude. Weddings, disabled and VIP's board ahead of everyone, followed by zone 1,2,3 and so on.

Hi Donna, Thank you for the info. I guess Iknow where to go for questions concerning our cruise. I appreciate your expertise and knowledge of the Splendor.

Rhonda

When I can I LOVE to help.:D

Can't wait for the cruise!!

Archived