How Cunard should promote its QM2 Transatlantic Crossings

Cruise Liner Fan

Here is this funny Princess Cruises commercial showing how disgusting airline travel can be and here is the link

I think that Cunard should use a similar commercial to promote its QM2 transatlantic crossings to state that it is refreshing to arrive in the USA or UK aboard the QM2 :) without having to put up with an annoying,disgusting and jetlagged airline flight :eek:.Any thoughts on this idea of mine? Regards,Jerry

Here is this funny Princess Cruises commercial showing how disgusting airline travel can be and here is the link
I think that Cunard should use a similar commercial to promote its QM2 transatlantic crossings to state that it is refreshing to arrive in the USA or UK aboard the QM2 :) without having to put up with an annoying,disgusting and jetlagged airline flight :eek:.Any thoughts on this idea of mine? Regards,Jerry

It really would mess up the one way transatlantic market, wouldn't it?

Back to the drawing board Cedric1902

WD

William, Do you mean the passengers who take the QM2 one way and the dirty,disgusting airline the other way? Regards,Jerry

Well, either that or those who swim home.

Which airline is the dirty disgusting one? And if you find one that is so, why not use another?

WD

Well, either that or those who swim home.

Which airline is the dirty disgusting one? And if you find one that is so, why not use another?

WD

Well let me just say I for one do admit that I am NOT a fan of the airline industry and Cunard can still use the commercial I suggested to people like me who despise the airlines. Regards,Jerry

Well let me just say I for one do admit that I am NOT a fan of the airline industry and Cunard can still use the commercial I suggested to people like me who despise the airlines. Regards,Jerry

Difficult to see how one can despise the industry that allows us to live as we do.

Cunard market the back to backs as "even more relaxing" which seems to make far more sense to the market that they are aiming at. Very few people take the view that you appear to hold - although I'll grant that plenty would prefer not to fly if there is a reasonable alternative.

How could the US operate without the airliner? I seem to remember that your rail system isn't very good, is it?

WD

Difficult to see how one can despise the industry that allows us to live as we do.

Cunard market the back to backs as "even more relaxing" which seems to make far more sense to the market that they are aiming at. Very few people take the view that you appear to hold - although I'll grant that plenty would prefer not to fly if there is a reasonable alternative.

How could the US operate without the airliner? I seem to remember that your rail system isn't very good, is it?

WD

Well there are people who will NOT fly because of fear of flying be it terrorism or fear of a plane crash because of mechanical failure and I admit that I am one of them.And it is people like me that Cunard should market its QM2 transatlantic crossings to.I will be doing a back2back QM2 transatlantic crossing next August.And there is the U.S. passenger rail system known as Amtrak. Regards,Jerry

The fact that air travel may allow us to live the way we live doesn't mean that it is not an extremely unpleasant mode of transportation. If there ever was a charm attached to it, this has certainly been removed by the reaction of the airlines to the public insistence that they receive inordinately cheap "no frill" fares. I realise that Jerry has very strong views on this matter and I don't necessarily disagree with him.

Here is this funny Princess Cruises commercial showing how disgusting airline travel can be

The irony is - cruise passengers (shown as glamorously svelte) are in reality much more likely to be like the airline passengers the poor victim was wedged between!

....cruise passengers (shown as glamorously svelte)...

Well, personally, I can't see that there nationality is of the slightest importance. I've met loads of Sveltes who weren't in the slightest bit glamorous.

J

The fact that air travel may allow us to live the way we live doesn't mean that it is not an extremely unpleasant mode of transportation.

Quite. I completely agree with you. I haven't flown transatlantic in economy for years (2002) and will never do it again, but even in Upper Class it is deeply unpleasant.

But as a price to pay for a January crossing, with some interesting weather? Worth the sacrifice.

Mind you, I'd never fly when there was a train available. Jerry mentions Amtrak but they are hardly a model of progress in the rail industry......

WD

Mind you, I'd never fly when there was a train available. Jerry mentions Amtrak but they are hardly a model of progress in the rail industry......

WD

They'll never be as good as God's Wonderful Railway, Nellie!

J

Quite. I completely agree with you. I haven't flown transatlantic in economy for years (2002) and will never do it again, but even in Upper Class it is deeply unpleasant.

But as a price to pay for a January crossing, with some interesting weather? Worth the sacrifice.

WD

But if you want to travel in the NE of the USA they do a pretty good job between NYC, Philadelphia and Washington, much better and easier than flying.

But if you want to travel in the NE of the USA they do a pretty good job between NYC, Philadelphia and Washington, much better and easier than flying.

Very true. If you use Amtrak any other parts of the country, the on board experience is pretty good. You just better have no need for any type of schedule.:eek:

I understand your position, but have you ever smelt a svelte?

I

I once smelt a svelte in the veldt

It's an odour very similar to a celt

It quite paralysed my nose

The miasma that arose

From the svelte in the veldt where it dwelt.

A Fragrant Gari

I

I once smelt a svelte in the veldt

It's an odour very similar to a celt

It quite paralysed my nose

The miasma that arose

From the svelte in the veldt where it dwelt.

A Fragrant Gari

There was a young man named G Goun

who some considered a loon,

he oft wrote a ditty,

some witty, some pretty

but they always finished too soon.

There was a young man named G Goun

who some considered a loon,

he oft wrote a ditty,

some witty, some pretty

but they always finished too soon.

It occurred to me this morning that the one verse form that hasn't been much explored on here is the clerihew. So here is my contribution:

Gari Goun

Is considered a boon

By lovers of verse

That is compact and terse

J

It occurred to me this morning that the one verse form that hasn't been much explored on here is the clerihew. So here is my contribution:

Gari Goun

Is considered a boon

By lovers of verse

J

Nor the Haiku

これは、ガリについての詩です

それは韻ていないことを、すべての非常に多くの問題ではない

:)

Gari Goun

Is considered a boon

By lovers of verse

J

The Clerihew

Will do for you

If you want to get your own back on

Cruachan

Gari

It would seem to me that the Atlantic crossing are a hard sale at best except for the leisure crowd (read retired.) To give up 7 days of a vacation for those with only 2 or 3 weeks would not be a popular option except maybe for a a once in a lifetime deal.

It looks to me as if Cunard has to market these crossing as a loss leader, witness the low fares they are current charging (around $700 or so).

It would seem to me that the Atlantic crossing are a hard sale at best except for the leisure crowd (read retired.) To give up 7 days of a vacation for those with only 2 or 3 weeks would not be a popular option except maybe for a a once in a lifetime deal.

It looks to me as if Cunard has to market these crossing as a loss leader, witness the low fares they are current charging (around $700 or so).

Those of us with sensible holiday allowances can actually do rather better. I've managed to fit over a dozen transatlantics in the seven years from 2003 to 2010. Plus a number of cruises, three of which were at the three week mark.

Two to three weeks would be illegal in the UK as an allowance.

WD

But Cunard should market those QM2 transatlantic crossings to people like me who will never for whatever reason want to board a jet plane.And I live in the USA where Cunard never advertises on TV,Radio and in the newspaper.Just last night I did see on TV a commercial for Carnival Cruise Line.Both Cunard and Carnival Cruise Line are owned by the Carnival Corporation. Regards,Jerry

Unless you are crazy like I am and the Transat is the vacation. And I might add a very relaxing one to boot. I am upset because there is only one (I think) B2B TA being offered this year from the US.

Denise

Archived