oh oh, no SAS pickup in Hollywood

Cozzette2

Before I booked the Westin in Hollywood I emailed Steve at SAS and asked about hotels in Hollywood and he said they do pickups there. Well, I emailed him back with the name of the hotel to get my reservations and he said they really don't do pickups in Hollywood. Now I am back to the drawing board. I sure don't want to take a taxi all that way. Any other suggestions for transportation to Miami?

Kris

http://www.southfloridatransportation.com

http://www.floridalimo.com

There are also other ground transportation options found on these boards as well. You might also read the roll call for your cruise to see if there are others staying at the same hotel that want to go in on a van or limo with you.

Car service from either of these is probably similar to taxi. That's the one drawback to the Diplomat. Not really in a convenient location for cheap transport to either port. Even though they charge for parking there, a rental car isn't a bad idea since you don't have to pay for taxi to the hotel from the airport or to the port from the hotel. And you have a car to use.

Hollywood to POM. I may have to take the limo, I guess I will keep looking and maybe there is something more local to Hollywood.

Kris

Larry's limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service, or call the hotel and see who they suggest. Good luck! :)

Take a cab back to FLL, then have SAS pick you up there.

I disagree with that. The Diplomat is already at the very least a third of the way to the Port of Miami from FLL. By the time you take a cab back to FLL and then pay the per person fee for SAS, you will probably spend as much or more as just taking the cab from Diplomat to Port Of Miami. And it's definitely a lot quicker.

I got a price quote from Go Airport Shuttle for $125 for a group of 6

with out tips. It is high so I am still looking. But, atleast I won't have to walk there:D

Has anybody heard of Sun and Moon transport? I am waiting for a bid from them also.

I will not stress, I can always take a taxi. Thanks for all your help eveyone.

Kris

$125 for 6 sounds reasonable to me. If you were starting out at FLL, they would charge you $23 per person for the shared van, and they would wait until they filled the other seats as well.

Go Shuttle's price of $125.00 for 6 is very reasonable. We took a cab from the POM to the Westin Diplomat on a Saturday morning with little to no traffic at 9:00 am and the cost was $80 for 2 without a tip. I also tried to get SAS to take us after our cruise to the Westin and they immediately told me that they couldn't/wouldn't be able to take us there.

The Westin is a BEAUTIFUL hotel. You will love it!!;)

I got an email from Sas today and Steve has told me that the last email was in error and they WILL pick up at FLL to drop us off at the Diplomat and then pickup at the hotel for the ride to the POM. I am going to jump on it and reserve while he is feeling guilty for the misinformation:D

SAS is the best deal going, sure less than a taxi yikkess:eek:

I am so excited to stay at the Diplomat. What kind ofroom did you have? Was it the beach or the golf?

Kris

We booked on Hotwire, at a GREAT rate! We had a corner suite on the 18th floor with a fourteen foot balcony overlooking the ocean!!! Wanted to stay and live there for ever. Why not.... Needless to say we were UPGRADED. Loved, loved, loved it. Asked for and received an extended check out at 2:00 p.m. the following day. LOVED it!!!:D Am going back... someday.. hopefully sooner than later!

Larry's limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service, or call the hotel and see who they suggest. Good luck! :)
We used Larry to pick us up from Port Everglades and take us to the Westin Golf Resort, Hollywood. No complaints, picked us up at the agreed time and we had been given a cost for the trip in advance so we knew exactly how much we were paying.

Archived