Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

I am of an interesting size.... 5' tall, bra size 32DD, and no booty!

I've tried the bandeau top, but I think it makes my chest look massive and uni-booby.

Hi LMM, I know how you feel. Actually, I don't :o

I'm a lot taller than you are (5'8) and I try to squeeze my assets to 36D.

I'm having trouble looking presentable so I can only imagine what's it like for you :eek:

I also like the bandeau but it does emphasize way too much...

I haven't bought a new bikini in four years. I know, I know... it has left me in a situation where either the top is too small or the bottom is too small.

Good grief.

I've been looking for a new swimsuit. This morning I browsed jcpenney.com. I found at least 10 I liked. Not one of them comes in my size!?!

I don't like any of the options offered online in my usual swimsuit size. May need to go to the store and try some on to see if I can wear a different size... I know in one or two brands I can, but I haven't tried on the brands I'm currently interested in.

Here's my Mom's new Spanx suit and coverup from Target...

[ATTACH]227898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]227899[/ATTACH]

She loves it.

My daughter and I just tried on the new Spanx suits at Target today. My 17 year old DD is a size 2/4 and she found the suit uncomfortable because it was so tight fitting. I am a size 16/18 and really liked the suit. It was hard pulling it up (just like the regular spanx are hard to pull up), but once I had it on, I found it really flattering. But, since I had just bought the swim suit that the lovely Host Faith modeled, I couldn't really justify spending $50 on another suit, especially when our cruise is over and I don't need a new suit right now. But, I think the Spanx suits are really nice!!

Got this last weekend. Thought it would be perfect for excursions that were a combination of touring and beachy.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_027VA47829801P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

That is really cute! But I have to wonder at what point do you feel like you're swimming in your cover-up instead of a swimsuit? I haven't seen that length before but I think I'm liking it.

I finally got off 10 pounds (5 more to go) so I bought 2 swim suits from VS... hope it will motivate me to get the last 5 off! (all were on sale too!)

V295692.jpg

V311585.jpg

I am still debating on this one. Part of me thinks it is too cheesy for the cruise but I like it :)

I am also hesitant because of the color of the bottoms, gold. I am not super tan so I thought it would look bad on my skin color. What about finding navy bottoms?

V312365.jpg

I think they are adorable but really like the brown mix the best. If it makes you feel any better even though I wear a size 6 I probably have more cellulite then you do. I have this problem I blame it on ...I always say I am allergic to exercise ! It makes my breathing come in spurts and I break out in a sweat ,my face turns red and I feel like I am going to pass out :D must be an allergy so I just avoid it at all costs! Unfortunatly it is starting to show:rolleyes:.

same here. I am a size 6 and have quite a bit of cellulite. Now that I am on the down side of 40 there is not much else I can do but head to the gym. And not happy about it at all!

Lands End is my go to for swim suits. The quality is fabulous. They last for years,

we have a community pool and my suits get used. :)

I'm a 16-18 and a 38G but I'm only 5'3.

A large number of their suits come in bra cup sizes--the DDD works fine for me.

Love the ability to mix tops and bottoms, I am tanki/skirtini fan.

As a shorty I recommend the mini-swim mini if you go with the skirts.

The regular swim mini was way too long and felt bulky. The mini still covered all

the bits but didn't make me look cut off or stumpy.

They also have long torso sizes--I've noticed some of the taller ladies asking on the

thread.

Lands End is my go to for swim suits. The quality is fabulous. They last for years,

we have a community pool and my suits get used. :)

I'm a 16-18 and a 38G but I'm only 5'3.

A large number of their suits come in bra cup sizes--the DDD works fine for me.

Love the ability to mix tops and bottoms, I am tanki/skirtini fan.

As a shorty I recommend the mini-swim mini if you go with the skirts.

The regular swim mini was way too long and felt bulky. The mini still covered all

the bits but didn't make me look cut off or stumpy.

They also have long torso sizes--I've noticed some of the taller ladies asking on the

thread.

I will have to check this out. I am also a 16-18, 5'2". How is the return policy, since I doubt I'll get my size right the first try online! BTW, how do so many buy swimsuits online? If I go to a store, it takes 2 hours minimum of trying on swimsuits to get a flattering one! I got lucky with my last online purchase and ordered two sizes and one worked, but I do need a liberal return policy!!

Thanks for the information!

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com

Swim suits for all is a great site for reasonably priced suits. Great quality. Give them your email and the will email you great prices. Nice cover ups and dresses too. ALL sizes!

Thanks. My 17 year old DD needs a 1-piece for a school field trip and it is very hard to find one pieces in stores without the sides cut out (which would not be allowed for school). I checked out this site, but the sizes seem to start at 8, which I'm not sure would work for her (she is a size 4-6).

Has anyone had luck finding one pieces in jr sizes or smaller sizes? I know they are not popular, but surely we are not the only school that requires a one-piece for a field trip, lol!!

Thanks!!

I will have to check this out. I am also a 16-18, 5'2". How is the return policy, since I doubt I'll get my size right the first try online! BTW, how do so many buy swimsuits online? If I go to a store, it takes 2 hours minimum of trying on swimsuits to get a flattering one! I got lucky with my last online purchase and ordered two sizes and one worked, but I do need a liberal return policy!!

Do you have a Sears nearby? My local sears had a huge selection of Lands End swimwear. I ended up returning what I got at the store and buying online instead since I hit a great online sale, but I had the same concerns and felt much better after trying on at the store.

Thanks. My 17 year old DD needs a 1-piece for a school field trip and it is very hard to find one pieces in stores without the sides cut out (which would not be allowed for school). I checked out this site, but the sizes seem to start at 8, which I'm not sure would work for her (she is a size 4-6).

Has anyone had luck finding one pieces in jr sizes or smaller sizes? I know they are not popular, but surely we are not the only school that requires a one-piece for a field trip, lol!!

Thanks!!

I usually wear a size small or 6 in swimwear and had a lot of trouble this year finding a 1 piece or modest tankini -- many of the styles I liked also started at 8. I ended up finding one piece options at sporting goods stores and at Lands End (in many Sears stores -- sizing on these runs more like clothing than like "normal" swimwear, at least in the smaller sizes but they start at size 2).

The ZeroXposur brand (found at Kohls and some other department stores) seems to run small. I found 8's in this brand fit tighter than 6's in many other brands. They seem to do mostly separates, but had a few one piece options on the Kohls website.

They are great with returns, I've ordered 6-8 pieces at a time then just return what

didn't work.

I've finally (at 42) figured out what works for me most of the time. With my bust it's

usually about containment (lol) So I was thrilled to find bra sized suits that are good

for my figure. And the fact that some have really comfortable underwires is a bonus.

Sears carries a good section of the Lands End suits in the stores, so even if they

don't have exactly what you want--you can figure out your size and go from there.

I do find they W sizes are bigger--I usually get a 16 or 18, the 16w would be too big.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Plus-Size-Shirred-One-Piece-Swimsuit/19226174

I have this one in the black though, :( when I first bought it they only had red, black and green wished they had the dotted one then. It's a great bathingsuit very flattering and comfortable which I love and it goes up high in the back to cover up all those back bumps. Very retro too which is another perk :) now that they have the dotted I might have to get another lol. I just wear a black boarding short and I am good to go. I have a thing about my thighs. :o

Oh and any ladies with a little extra "junk in the trunk" Lands End bottoms are generous.

That is an understatement.

I have a very generous top, and a not so generous bottom. Wearing a Lands End one piece was a disaster for me!

Archived