Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

Can be but you can shop around. Had good luck with finds at swim suits for all dot com. Ordered serveral thinking one would work then only sent one back and exchanged one blouson top. Figured better to keep ones that I liked rather than not being able to find later. Also was nice to have some to change out on a two-week trip. Their return policy was fine except I had to pay return postage for the one sent back(maybe there are ways to get around that). The exchange didn't cost extra. They're running some sales now, a lot under $50.

Thanks. My 17 year old DD needs a 1-piece for a school field trip and it is very hard to find one pieces in stores without the sides cut out (which would not be allowed for school). I checked out this site, but the sizes seem to start at 8, which I'm not sure would work for her (she is a size 4-6).

Has anyone had luck finding one pieces in jr sizes or smaller sizes? I know they are not popular, but surely we are not the only school that requires a one-piece for a field trip, lol!!

Thanks!!

My daughters always needed one pieces for church events during high school, and we usually ended up getting them at Big 5 or other sporting goods store - Speedo or other swim team type brands. The suits seem to be made smaller, they held up well and they were able to use them for several years each, since they were mostly only using them a few times each summer. My youngest daughter is 5'1" and about 92 pounds, and the smallest woman's size in that style fit her fine. Most of the girls would wear them with board shorts over them anyway on their beach trips.

Thanks. My 17 year old DD needs a 1-piece for a school field trip and it is very hard to find one pieces in stores without the sides cut out (which would not be allowed for school). I checked out this site, but the sizes seem to start at 8, which I'm not sure would work for her (she is a size 4-6).

Has anyone had luck finding one pieces in jr sizes or smaller sizes? I know they are not popular, but surely we are not the only school that requires a one-piece for a field trip, lol!!

Thanks!!

I have seen beautiful,modest swim wear at both llbean.com and landsend.com. I think swimoutlet.com may be a good place to look as well.

Can be but you can shop around. Had good luck with finds at swim suits for all dot com. Ordered serveral thinking one would work then only sent one back and exchanged one blouson top. Figured better to keep ones that I liked rather than not being able to find later. Also was nice to have some to change out on a two-week trip. Their return policy was fine except I had to pay return postage for the one sent back(maybe there are ways to get around that). The exchange didn't cost extra. They're running some sales now, a lot under $50.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

• 3 weeks later...

So far, I've bought these two from Asos. I have a big bust and Asos is the only website I've found that have big bust sizes and great prices. I spent about $55 for these two sets which is not bad at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337957899.238976.jpg.7b62ee4effd20fe771f38c41c8ee963e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337958083.323067.jpg.6d089c00c974770004ff0af261626e8f.jpg

I don't really want to show my tummy so I think for my third swimsuit I'll opt for something like this and buy two or three more rashguards to use with the other swimsuits. This is from urban outfitters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337958129.128966.jpg.c9d6b8f9adccbe2a9add65e0be73e035.jpg

Now these are my dream out of my range swimsuits. I love one pieces!

Marc Jacobs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337958191.743842.jpg.7eadb5b7deef02f0ab3b4ebe758587c1.jpg

Spanx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337958203.606814.jpg.910a809f90541229410ffcd6bbe37963.jpg

And basically all Lisa Fernandez scuba inspired Colorblock swimwear.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337958543.788456.jpg.e1b8a3bd861692f1f34cc16703903bfc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So far, I have 1 (running out of time as I leave in 55 days)

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Cutwork-tankini-by-Swim-365.aspx?PfId=311300&DeptId=21522&ProductTypeId=1

I have swim shorts too, just never know when those panties are going to creep up on you. :eek:

Wow I LOVE that suit!!! I wish I could afford to buy a new suit lol. Mine is almost 7 years old.. I wear it with Spandex type shorts.. (black) so I dont have that ol Ride up issue lol. I will get a picture of mine here in a few.. I am SOO not modeling it though lol

Ok here is mine.. I had to brighten the picture up since my phone doesnt have flash & my camera doesnt want to work right lol. SO here it is..

It is a Liz Lange from Target.. about 7 years ago.. I THINK it was like 32 & has a pair of bottoms (regular bathing suit bottoms) as well, I Just cant stand them if I will be going down slides or getting up & down in things lol.

IMG_20120612_005809.jpg

I have this swim top, with black swim shorts. I like this top because it's bra-sized, which is important if you have a large chest, and because it was very reasonable.

0900631b81d360c7M?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&rgn=0,0,3000,3000&scl=7.894736842105263&id=1PQehyKtRJsqWYM6vzU0sU

I have also been admiring this suit:

0900631b81e52d8fM.tif?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&rgn=0,0,3000,3000&scl=7.894736842105263&id=2TmYm7SyII-hWNeO4gOOBK

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Both of these suits are from JC Penney.

My very first triangle top in 27yrs.... 5 months post-op and I can't wait to take this suit on my next cruise! No more 4in padded tops or snorkeling with one hand over my saggy swim tops!

69d6f631.jpg

Okay, I posted my bathing suits I bought for my October cruise on my blog. I think I feel a little sick on the stomach....:rolleyes:....did I mention I was in them:eek:!

I like the suits! And I agree; the brown one is especially nice. Great colors for you (enough of your hair shows to get the idea), and I love the wild pattern. :) Adds some interest.

First cruise coming up; I have to order a second suit next week. I've gained a little bit of weight over the past two years, but you've given me the courage to just DO it! A suit that doesn't fit is never going to be flattering…so I might as well order it now.

Edited to add: I'm looking at ordering the Bathing Beauty suit from ModCloth. My top pick right now is the pewter version.

Edited to add: I'm looking at ordering the Bathing Beauty suit from ModCloth. My top pick right now is the pewter version.

I been in love with that suit for ages! I'm not sure that my favorite color is pewter (I like the wine or emerald colors, myself), but I'm sure you'd look great in it. My body shape wouldn't look half so good!

WOW, I haven't owned a bathing suit in ages. Are they really that expensive these days? $120.00:eek: Yikes.

Hi,:) yes you can spend alot on them (or not)....like any other

types of clothing....they can be in the $100's of dollars and they

can also be in the 40.00-50.00 range. Depends on where you

shop, the brand, etc....

Okay, I posted my bathing suits I bought for my October cruise on my blog. I think I feel a little sick on the stomach....:rolleyes:....did I mention I was in them:eek:!

Well, we went to the beach with my nephews and assorted family last weekend. Only two pics resulting with me in a suit (without the kids). I spent too much time in the water, I guess! (With the six-year-old, who kept wanting to go DEEPER…a thirty-nine-year aunt can keep up better than a thirty-three-year mom who has had to keep up with the kids for days.)

Linked to my flickr page, with the small version here.

7415380776_f49d7eb8c9.jpg

Emerging from my latest dunking (don't turn your back on waves; they're sneaky!)

7415377792_b24b943700.jpg

With my loving husband

I lost 50-60 pounds so I was very excited to go bikini shopping :D However I did have issues shopping because my stomach was very flabby, I hope it goes back one day (I have been doing P90X and ab ripper for months trying to get my stomach tight).

Basically I try on bottoms first and if they are decent enough I try the top on. I got 3 for the trip, but I only have pics of 2. Hope to get my stomach tight so I can wear more bottoms.

I blurred my face because I do not want my face on bikini pics on the internet so if you want to see my face I have it on the dress thread.

DSC02376-1.jpg

DSC02514-1.jpg

I lost 50-60 pounds so I was very excited to go bikini shopping :D However I did have issues shopping because my stomach was very flabby, I hope it goes back one day (I have been doing P90X and ab ripper for months trying to get my stomach tight).

Basically I try on bottoms first and if they are decent enough I try the top on. I got 3 for the trip, but I only have pics of 2. Hope to get my stomach tight so I can wear more bottoms.

I blurred my face because I do not want my face on bikini pics on the internet so if you want to see my face I have it on the dress thread.

DSC02376-1.jpg

DSC02514-1.jpg

Oh my gosh, your stomach is not flabby at all, you look amazing, congrats on the weight loss! Are those first bottoms from VS? I have the same ones in a floral print with a matching top.

Oh my gosh, your stomach is not flabby at all, you look amazing, congrats on the weight loss! Are those first bottoms from VS? I have the same ones in a floral print with a matching top.

Agreed. You have a great figure. No need to blur out your face! Be proud :)

Thank you everyone :o both swimsuits are from VS, on sale :D

I lost 50-60 pounds fairly fast so the skin is loose, if you know what I mean? I have been working hard to tighten it up. I have bad stretch marks too (can't see in the pic, they have faded) so I think because of that it will be even harder to tighten up- they are on the front, sides, and back... scared for how bad they will be when I am pregnant :eek:

I did gain 9 pounds on the cruise :eek::eek::eek: but lost it all in Paris after

Archived