Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

Thank you so much! I wish I could wear that one again this year.

I have to purchase a whole new set of bathing suits now...we have a baby on the way! :D I was just finalizing the suits I'm going to order for our cruise next month. It's an adjustment getting used to my new dimensions, all for a wonderful reason. Since this is our anniversary trip and babymoon, I still want to feel really cute:

#1: With matching pink bottoms

#2:

#3: I really love strapless suits....no tan line :)

Congratulations!! How exciting! I love the term babymoon :p sounds so cute!

I love the suits you picked out, #2 is my favorite, but I love them all. And I agree with you on the tan lines, I try to get strapless any chance I can, otherwise I go with halters just because I think they are really flattering and makes me feel like i'm more supported and my suit isn't going to fall down at any minute :). It hasn't happened yet, but you never know. Haha.

Congratulations!! How exciting! I love the term babymoon :p sounds so cute!

I love the suits you picked out, #2 is my favorite, but I love them all. And I agree with you on the tan lines, I try to get strapless any chance I can, otherwise I go with halters just because I think they are really flattering and makes me feel like i'm more supported and my suit isn't going to fall down at any minute :). It hasn't happened yet, but you never know. Haha.

Thank you! I think the babymoon term is cute too. Suit #2 is also my favorite. I think I might try to take that halter strap off and wear it strapless. Depends on the amount of support it gives, things keep changing around here with the baby on board! :D

15 is too many!! LOL :D

I'm glad you said 15 is too many and not 14 because I always take one for each day. Haha! I've never been on a 14 day cruise though, so far only the 7 day ones for me. If this next one goes well though maybe the husband will agree to a 14 day and hope I have a big enough suitcase for all those suits :D

I'm glad you said 15 is too many and not 14 because I always take one for each day. Haha! I've never been on a 14 day cruise though, so far only the 7 day ones for me. If this next one goes well though maybe the husband will agree to a 14 day and hope I have a big enough suitcase for all those suits :D

LOL...I don't know if I'll take 14, but probably at least 7. I figure swimsuits don't take up that much room. The problem is figuring out how to pack clothes for 18 days (with a couple days on each end of the cruise)! DH says one suitcase...he's dreaming!

I think they are adorable but really like the brown mix the best. If it makes you feel any better even though I wear a size 6 I probably have more cellulite then you do. I have this problem I blame it on ...I always say I am allergic to exercise ! It makes my breathing come in spurts and I break out in a sweat ,my face turns red and I feel like I am going to pass out :D must be an allergy so I just avoid it at all costs! Unfortunatly it is starting to show:rolleyes:.

goodness me, I thought I was the only sufferer of that particular disease. Actually, no, it's genetic, and so my mother, who suffered similarly, was always willing to write me notes excusing me from "sports" at school. It's an awful afflication, isn't it, and one that gets very little support - no coloured ribbons, no special days, no telethons to raise funds. Oh, I think I'll have to just sit down and have a cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...
I lost 50-60 pounds so I was very excited to go bikini shopping :D However I did have issues shopping because my stomach was very flabby, I hope it goes back one day (I have been doing P90X and ab ripper for months trying to get my stomach tight).

Basically I try on bottoms first and if they are decent enough I try the top on. I got 3 for the trip, but I only have pics of 2. Hope to get my stomach tight so I can wear more bottoms.

I blurred my face because I do not want my face on bikini pics on the internet so if you want to see my face I have it on the dress thread.

DSC02376-1.jpg

DSC02514-1.jpg

hi , congrats on your weight loss, you look amazing.

Basically I try on bottoms first and if they are decent enough I try the top on. I got 3 for the trip, but I only have pics of 2. Hope to get my stomach tight so I can wear more bottoms.
Funny how we're all different. I have an awful time finding a top that fits well. I wear a D or DD top, so I must have good support -- which usually means underwire -- and certain styles (i.e., strapless or skimpy little straps emerging from the center) are just off the table altogether. But bottoms are so easy that I would be willing to buy them without trying them on; all mediums are perfect for me. I have tried on 20 or more tops in a single shopping trip and discarded them all, and I usually can't find any tops at the typical spots: JC Penny, Kohl's, etc.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3986106&ppp=50&cp=4406646.4413887.4417884.4414926

I am short, thin and petite. Most women's XS or S suits are just a tad too big in the bust and rear so these Speedo suits are my savior! The girl's size 16 fits me very well and is about a size 2 or 3 in women's. The elastic wears very well and provides a sleek, athletic fit while still being modest for my 52 year-old body.

I usually buy the red and black or blue and black.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3986106&ppp=50&cp=4406646.4413887.4417884.4414926

I am short, thin and petite. Most women's XS or S suits are just a tad too big in the bust and rear so these Speedo suits are my savior! The girl's size 16 fits me very well and is about a size 2 or 3 in women's. The elastic wears very well and provides a sleek, athletic fit while still being modest for my 52 year-old body.

I usually buy the red and black or blue and black.

Those are cute!

Okay, I posted my bathing suits I bought for my October cruise on my blog. I think I feel a little sick on the stomach....:rolleyes:....did I mention I was in them:eek:!

Thought it might be a new post.....probably won't catch on......probably the only idiot out there to do this.:p Oh well.

http://fatgirlperspective.blogspot.com/2011/04/am-i-really-doing-this.html

Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread but just wanted to know where you got that carnival Vip club on your count down clock. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bookish angel, I too am small and in my 50's. I like the Dolfin swimsuits (size 32 they are small fitting) because they offer pattern rather than solid colour. They are over 90% poly so last a long long time. For a christmas cruise I had one with snowmen.

Cheers, h.

http://www.swim2000.com/category/dolfin-uglies/

I am not a patterns person but I like the small fits and those mostly black or navy suits as those are kind of kicky and a bit retro, too!

Thanks for offering another option for those of us with boyish figures.

Methusala, I LOVE your swimsuits! You both rock 'em. Did you buy those? I love vintage clothes but have to say I have never seen anything from that era's swimwear in my fave vintage stores.

Thank you thank you for this thread!

I found an amazing swimdress that I actually feel cute in (and my hubby loves too!). I am a size 14 and a DD, bathingsuites, quite frankly, can ruin the thought of going out on the beach these days.

At any rate, I found something that I love! Tons of great resources on this thread. Nice to know there options for ladies with some curve to them!

Archived