Epic review, April 2nd-9th, LONG with pictures

nathand95

nathand95 are you sure you are 15???

Was on the Epic for Thanksgiving.... Best cruise everrrrrrr.... It was my birthday cruise... Had the best time everrrrrr...Trying to plan another Thanksgiving birthday cruise for this year...Birthday will be on Thanksgiving this year. I love cruising also.. have been cruising since the late 80's... Loving you review.. keep it coming... Just got off the Valor on Sunday... and I was so glad I did not see the Epic while we were in port... The Epic I think was a day ahead of us on each port... Funny you mention the episode at the airport... I left Friday morning about 8:30 from Atlanta... I spotted a lady with a tag that said Epic... and I did not have enuff time to talk to her... We were boarding the plane and boy was I mad about that... I guess it was a good thing, cause I probably would have talked her ear off...

When I saw her tag I was so so so jealous... good thing I did not see you cause they probably would have put us out of the airport...

I only wrote pieces of a review... kinda answering questions for some folks.... but really, really, loving yours...

We we we so excited, we so excited for our Epic cruise in a few weeks! (Hope you get that lol)

Good review.. can't wait for the pics

Lol! I didQ That's hilarious. I will have pics uploaded tonight!

nathand95 are you sure you are 15???

Was on the Epic for Thanksgiving.... Best cruise everrrrrrr.... It was my birthday cruise... Had the best time everrrrrr...Trying to plan another Thanksgiving birthday cruise for this year...Birthday will be on Thanksgiving this year. I love cruising also.. have been cruising since the late 80's... Loving you review.. keep it coming... Just got off the Valor on Sunday... and I was so glad I did not see the Epic while we were in port... The Epic I think was a day ahead of us on each port... Funny you mention the episode at the airport... I left Friday morning about 8:30 from Atlanta... I spotted a lady with a tag that said Epic... and I did not have enuff time to talk to her... We were boarding the plane and boy was I mad about that... I guess it was a good thing, cause I probably would have talked her ear off...

When I saw her tag I was so so so jealous... good thing I did not see you cause they probably would have put us out of the airport...

I only wrote pieces of a review... kinda answering questions for some folks.... but really, really, loving yours...

haha that's so funny! Thank you so much! I loved the Valor also. Since being back at school, I have talked my friends' ears off non-stop about the cruise.

Also, I turn 16 in thirteen days :D. There were tons of people on the ship from the Atlanta area, but I was sad that I didn't recognize anyone on the flight home.

Might I suggest you get to the ship part? :D
I will get to it tonight. Patience is a virtue and it will be well worth the wait. I needed some time to upload pictures, but now the neccesary pictures are uploaded and will be posted tonight.

you have me smiling though this whole thread, I'm looking forward to the rest!!!!!

when you post the pic just scroll over the pic on photobucket that you want and then just put your curser on the bottom box of url and copy the bottom one listed and paste onto your report. if you upload the pics in the large size it a great size for posting.

you have me smiling though this whole thread, I'm looking forward to the rest!!!!!

when you post the pic just scroll over the pic on photobucket that you want and then just put your curser on the bottom box of url and copy the bottom one listed and paste onto your report. if you upload the pics in the large size it a great size for posting.

Thank you so much! So I copy the IMG code and post that in the little photo upload window on here under the little paperclip icon? This is so sad that I can't figure this out... Teen guys are supposed to be experts with technology...

For all the impatient people I will post about the ship as soon as a figure out these dang pictures!!!!!

Thank you so much! So I copy the IMG code and post that in the little photo upload window on here under the little paperclip icon? This is so sad that I can't figure this out... Teen guys are supposed to be experts with technology...

For all the impatient people I will post about the ship as soon as a figure out these dang pictures!!!!!

You paste the image code where you are typing, you don't need to click anything. So you can be like..

This was our meet and greet;

"paste img link here"

I think you can only do 4 or 5 pics per post!

Hi Nathan,

Good start! I thought I'd pipe in with the photos. When you are in the reply box look for the box just slightly down and right of the paperclip - the one that looks like a mountain and sun with a yellow 'sky'. Click on it and a separate box will pop up that you can paste the img code into.

After clicking OK (or whatever the prompt is), you will see your photo show up in the body of the reply. If you use the paperclip route, you only get a small photo that can be difficult to see. If you use the above method, the photo will be bigger.

Keep up the good work and I hope this works for you:D

SpringBreak2011006.jpg[/img]

I hope this works. On the plane shortly after taking off from ATL. Goodbye Altanta and Hello EPIC Paradise.

SpringBreak2011012.jpg[/img]

View of the Florida coast on approach into MIA.

SpringBreak2011016.jpg[/img]

I love this picture! On descent into MIA.

Please work...please work...please work...

I hope this works. On the plane shortly after taking off from ATL. Goodbye Altanta and Hello EPIC Paradise.

Dont type anything before/after the IMG code and dont put a space between anything

SpringBreak2011006.jpg

Hmmm...making progress, but let's try this again...

View from the plane leaving Miami. Goodbye Atlanta and Hello EPIC paradise.

SpringBreak2011006.jpg

SpringBreak2011012.jpg

I love this picture! On decent into MIA.

SpringBreak2011016.jpg

Second time's the charm?

Ok ill shut up now youve figured it out LOL

One thing though, you might want to resize the pictures in photobucket... its fine for people with fast internet but those on pedal power internet might struggle LOL

Thank you so much jarz85!!!!!!!! Now we can uccesfully continue with this review!!!

Kerrytens, I'm not sure why the mountain picture would not work for me. Thank you for taking the time to help though.

Before I officially begin this review, can someone please tell me how to add pictures? That is a very vital part of this review that I have not yet figured out how to do?

Age is relative. A five year old my not think you are all that young.

It is easiest to add pictures if the pictures are already hosted on the Internet. There are several photo hosting sites. Two that I use are Photobucket and Webshots. Both offer free and paid accounts. I began with free accounts on both and now have paid accounts on both. There are several other photo hosting sites, some free, some cost.

Of the two I use, it is easier to post from Photobucket than from Webshots.

Here for example is the NCL Jade. The picture was take from more than one mile away. The photo is hosted on Photobucket.Com ...

IMG_4703.jpg

Hi Nathan,

This is a Grandmother type voice from the Pacific Northwest. You say that your parents want you to study engineering in college, but you want to work for a cruise ship company. Cruise companies are always looking for engineers, and with new ships coming, they will need more. Two suggestions for you: (1) look at NCL's website all the way to the bottom and see what it says under "employment opportunities: Chief Engineer. (2) Begin a correspondence with a Chief Engineer on a cruise and see what they say. I would bet that someone would be willing to mentor you.

I am interested in what you say about the staff of The Epic. I have not sailed on Her yet, but I have friends who are Staff members currently on The Epic, including the Hotel Director.

Mandy

Okay, three pages and still waiting for the review. Ready when you are Nathan. lol

I have to keep reminding myself to check up on this thread only once in a while, the poor kid's got school and homework...

...heck, it's much easier for me at "work"!:p

Hi Nathan,

This is a Grandmother type voice from the Pacific Northwest. You say that your parents want you to study engineering in college, but you want to work for a cruise ship company. Cruise companies are always looking for engineers, and with new ships coming, they will need more. Two suggestions for you: (1) look at NCL's website all the way to the bottom and see what it says under "employment opportunities: Chief Engineer. (2) Begin a correspondence with a Chief Engineer on a cruise and see what they say. I would bet that someone would be willing to mentor you.

I am interested in what you say about the staff of The Epic. I have not sailed on Her yet, but I have friends who are Staff members currently on The Epic, including the Hotel Director.

Mandy

Oh wow, thank you so much! I have never thought of that. That would be a dream job to do engineering for a cruise line! Wow, thank you so much! That is...just wow! Thank you so so much!!!!

Ok Mr. nathand95,

I have been reading other threads and came across one that said your were in a Studio? How in the heck did you get a Studio being under 18 years of age?

We scheduled my mom for that cabin and my stepdad and myself were scheduled under the balcony cabin. It worked out perfectly as I got an extra key from guest services. My room steward had no problem with it. He just wanted to make sure my parents were on board.

I have to keep reminding myself to check up on this thread only once in a while, the poor kid's got school and homework...

...heck, it's much easier for me at "work"!:p

Thank you for this!

It is officially the weekend and I will make significant progress on this review. It has been very tough this week. This was not the best time to start the review, but I would just like to thank everyone for being so patient and helping me with my first review.

Hi Nathan,

When you were on The Epic did you meet their Chief Engineer? I have met one of the Chief Engineer's on The Epic. I one I have met (on The Pearl is from Scotland and he brought her out on her maiden voyage. This is the e mail address for the Captain: Capt53@ncl.com. Explain to him that you were just on The Epic and would like to become an engineer on a cruise ship and ask him to put you in touch with his Chief Engineer. Mandy

Archived