I Just Don't Get It (The Captain)

bjboothman

Princess Di.. I agree.... Real doctors do... Athough I read that some people pretend to be doctors on cruises even though they are not.. Must be an ego thing.. :rolleyes: As for your "Engineers" comment... Not all of us... :D :D :D

While the Princess fleet currently has an all-male Captain's roster, it wil only be a couple of years before they promote Staff Captain Sarah Bretton to Master. She is currently alternating between the Coral and Tahitian, and is the highest ranked female officer in the cruising industry. Good luck to her! :D

Andy.

A lot of people mentioned they thought the captain "set the tone" of the ship - but I would bet the "hotel manager" or whatever you call the person in charge of those functions - has a greater role in setting the tone of the ship.

The captain is way too busy avoiding icebergs to worry about the mundane running of the ship.

Probably some wanna-be GYN guys, pretending. :eek:

ANDY:

Thanks for the name, Capt. Bretton. I knew there was a Lady somewhere but forgot her name. Another one of the Firsts for Princess - whooo-hooo. :D

MOM:

What you say is very logical and I believe you are entirely correct. The Hotel Manager has high visibility and puts out a lot of fires - tough job. ;)

With that being said, does anyone know who the captain is on the Diamond right now (and for the next 4-5 weeks?) I've heard a couple different names now...

Thanks! :)

Just got off the Diamnod yesterday...it is Tony Yeomans

Guess I'm with the original poster on this. I could really care less who the captain is and have no desire to sit with him at his table either. I'm just not impressed with that whole idea. To me, he's just another person doing his job. I'll never understand why some people feel the need to kiss up to the captain or CD. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I'm not saying anyone here is kissing up to the capt. or the CD, just a general statement. :)

"Actually, doctors like to hide on cruises so that they are not asked stupid doctor questions like diagnoses and prognoses. ;) "

Whenever my father would call a restaurant for a dinner reservation, he would never put it under "Dr. ----," just his last name. If he was on call, he would inform the maitre d' when we would get there that he left the restaurant's number with his exchange. (This was in the days before cell phones.) So I thought it was amusing when a roommate, who had her PhD would always reserved under "Dr. -----". One day when someone takes ill at dinner, the waiters may find themselves trying to get help from a neuromicrobiologist.:eek:

On my first cruise, we went at a little reception and snacking on the veggies when an uniformed man came over and pick up a piece of celery. He didn't say anything to us, just left without talking. Hubby (then bf) said, "that was the captain." All we can figure is either he was really shy or was too uncertain of his English to say anything.

Archived