Western Med. Cruise - Clothing

hazeleyez3

My husband's aunt and uncle are taking a cruise on HAL's Eurodam in a few weeks. It will be leaving from Barcelona, going to Monte Carlo, Rome, two stops in Italy, and possibly Tunisia.

I know for the day she'll need comfy walking shoes, and shirts that will cover the shoulder (if they visit a church). Do shorts also work, or just capris, pants and casual skirts?

Nights I figure "business casual" wear.

What about bathing suits? Are the pools and hot tubs used a lot on European cruises?

My husband's aunt and uncle are taking a cruise on HAL's Eurodam in a few weeks. It will be leaving from Barcelona, going to Monte Carlo, Rome, two stops in Italy, and possibly Tunisia.

I know for the day she'll need comfy walking shoes, and shirts that will cover the shoulder (if they visit a church). Do shorts also work, or just capris, pants and casual skirts?

Nights I figure "business casual" wear.

What about bathing suits? Are the pools and hot tubs used a lot on European cruises?

I would go for capris, pants or longer skirts. Especially if visiting churchs. It never hurts to have a scarf tucked in your bag either, some places require head covering. If she's going to a mosque in Tunisia, she should dress as modestly as possible with a head covering. I believe shoulders and upper arms must be covered as well as covering below the knees.

If they are cruising HAL, there will be formal nights also. Usually 2 on a 7-day cruise and 3 on cruises up to 12 days.

I also agree shorts aren't the best choice especially in cities like Barcelona and Rome. If they were visiting more resort-like areas (such as Mykonos or Santorini) shorts would probably be fine.

Even in Rome you need to have your knees and shoulders covered to visit St Peters Basilica, for example. (And they are pretty strict about it.) Capris are fine if they cover the knee.

Archived