Kids Menu in the MDR

I think they have a seperate kids menu, don't they? The kids have always opted to eat dinner at AO- so I never thought too much about it, and can't remember to be honest what we did 1st/last night when they could not. They're a bit older now- and since my 7yr old son was NOT leaving the store with out his "tux" (black suit-too cute), they'll be with us this time out.

Daughter would adapt. Son- getting food into him is a challenge!

I think they have a seperate kids menu, don't they? The kids have always opted to eat dinner at AO- so I never thought too much about it, and can't remember to be honest what we did 1st/last night when they could not. They're a bit older now- and since my 7yr old son was NOT leaving the store with out his "tux" (black suit-too cute), they'll be with us this time out.

Daughter would adapt. Son- getting food into him is a challenge!

yes there is a kids menu in the mdr and even if there weren't, you can just tell your waiter she'll have a burger, he'll have mac & cheese and they'll make sure you get what you want. i know adults who order off a kids menu in mdr.

My kids, DS 13 and DD 11 have always been quite adventurous and tried some of the offerings on the Main menu. One night on our March 2011 sailing on the Adventure. my 13 yo son ordered a Ceasar Salad and Mac and Cheese. When I inquired about his choice, he said "I'm tired of trying new things. I want something that is familiar." :)

Even when they ordered a hotdog, I always tried to encourage them to order a starter off the Big menu.

Your waiters will be fantastic, they will mix and match things from both menus for the kids. Even your picky eater should have no problem finding something in the MDR.

When they were a little younger, we had the 6:00 seating and the waiters would bring their food out first so they could make it to the kid's club by 7:00.

They do have a kids menu:

Mac & Cheese

Spaghetti

Chicken fingers

Pizza

Burgers

Turkey burger

All of whcih come with a side of fries

They also have kids appetizers and desserts, but they can also order off the regular menu if they are serving something they would eat.

Thank you all- I was pretty sure I remembered they did. He's just a bit of a pill. I don't think I've ever sent a meal back for myself unless it was so under cooked it might kill me, but I've had to send over grilled hot dogs back :( And heaven forbid a bit of parsley might appear on the mac-n-cheese or pizza. I keep telling myself he'll out grow it. :rolleyes: Every once in a while he'll surprise me and actually try something new. Like pepperoni pizza. No word of a lie. The kid was over 7 before it crossed his lips. This followed a general pizza boycot that went from 4-6. Pasta- no sauce. No burgers. He's the type that will hunger strike and then be a grouch. Going to have a group of older kids with us -9 to 12. He's the little dude which might coax him out of his cullinary shell a bit with any luck.

DD is already chomping at the bit for the shrimp cocktail! Heck- I might go with the guac and chips!

No fear...once he's grown and on his own, and money's short, he'll start trying new things, especially if he's starving and it's free! That's how my son starting eating food that most other humans take for granted! In college...no money...hungry..someone offers a salad or veggie (that he swore he hated!) and BAM...loves it!

It's amazing what a bit of hunger can do!!!!

Since the age of three, no liquid beverage has passed my 19yrold daughter's lips but water - just water. Well, except the time when her sister swapped her water for 7-up, she reacted in the same matter in which a regular person would who accidently drank battery acid...and she has never liked pizza... Poor thing usually ends up eating alot of ceasar salad and steak on cruises cuz she's still so picky. She did venture out and try the mushroom pasta they serve (I think) on the first night - she loved it! There may be hope for her yet...

Archived