Best thing to do after embarkation.

apmecruise

So my family leaves for first cruise in 3 days! So excited. All along I thougth we would get on board, grab food at the buffet and head to the pool...but it seems like everyone else will be doing that!! Any other advice? I was thinking a restaurant meal. We are cruising on the epic. It might be fun to go to OSheehans...if its open and then find a quieter place to look through the schedule or simply take a tour of the boat.

Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Eat a BIG breakfast before boarding the ship and you can skip the "feeding frenzy" when you board! How busy the buffet is will depend on when you board....very busy from 1pm onward...earlier than that, and it's not too bad.

Food isn't served in the pub.

Bring or wear your bathing suit, head to the pool and get a fruity "I'm on a cruise" drink! The pool doesn't tend to be too crowded on boarding day.

Or, go explore the ship....good way to get your bearings before everyone is onboard!

Not sure about your particular cruise, but in my experience, pretty much everything is closed when your board the ship except the reception areas, Maitre D at the main dining room for reservation/table requests and the buffet and pool areas on the entertainment deck. You can tour the boat to get a look at all the offerings, but you will find everything dark. You are right, most people will be on the entertainment deck getting food, drinks and waiting for staterooms to become available. Many people like to watch as you depart the port to start your cruise. I always try to find a table on deck, get a drink....then get a bite to eat from the buffet and bring it back to my table to watch us depart. Always very exciting.

I usually locate the cabin - grab a bite to eat and unpack once my luggage arrives. If the luggage gets in later I will tour the ship to get my bearings. Be prepared for a boat drill that afternoon. You may also want to stop at the spa to see if they have specials for that day if that is your thing.

Archived