glaciers, passages and daunting alaska

ilovecraig929

posted this on the Alaska and royal board but DUH, you guys would actually know the most about PRINCESS considering you're the princess board! lol my actual question is the "Sea Day" marked on the itenerary the Inside Passage...

Planning a cruise to alaska is daunting! So many choices!!!!! Okay I have no experience whatsoever but I have tried to research what I can! I'm kind of hung up on this: I've read wonderful things about Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage. I thought I had found the perfect cruise on Princess because it had both glacier bay and hubbard on the itenerary and it *looked* like it sailed through the inside passage but that's not listed (as it is on royal caribbean where they put "inside passage" as a "destination/feature/", etc website) and for princess it just says "At Sea" SO could anyone enlighten me, do they actually NOT sail through the inside passage (here is a pic of what it shows and then what it says:

http://www.princess.com/find/itinera...r+to+Vancouver

So if this means no inside passage on princess, I know this is totally subjectable but if you had to choose would you pick Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier OR Hubbard Glacier and Inside Passage?

Okay thanks! I was just confused as to why royal caribbean seemed to be advertising the "inside passage" specifically and princess didnt mention it on their itenerary, i was just confused, THANKS!

Probably because Royal Caribbean's Alaskan itineraries are not nearly as

awesome as Princess itineraries [true] and they just want to make their

cruises sound more "fancy.":D

The Inside Passage is not just a strip of waterway south of Ketchikan and north of Vancouver Island in a limited area of an Alaskan cruise. It is substantially more than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Passage

There is also a large portion of the Inside Passage in Canadian waters and down into Washington State.

Understood and yes you are correct, but I read the OP's question as specifically regarding the "At Sea" day on day 7 of her itinerary which is southbound between Ketchikan and Vancouver. Sorry if I led her and you to believe that was the whole Inside Passage. It actually appears that this itinerary takes her through the better part of it.

Correct me if I am wrong please. :)

Understood and yes you are correct, but I read the OP's question as specifically regarding the "At Sea" day on day 7 of her itinerary which is southbound between Ketchikan and Vancouver. Sorry if I led her and you to believe that was the whole Inside Passage. It actually appears that this itinerary takes her through the better part of it.

Correct me if I am wrong please. :)

Sorry if this was taken the wrong way, it really wasn't really meant to be directed at anyone in particular but meant more as an FYI. The OP asked "So if this means no inside passage on princess, I know this is totally subjectable but if you had to choose would you pick Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier OR Hubbard Glacier and Inside Passage?" I interpreted this that maybe the OP thought the ship didn't cruise the Inside Passage on the first option. I just wanted to clarify that the ship will be cruising the Inside Passage for the greatest part of a 7-night r/t cruise from Vancouver. It only really leaves the Inside Passage west of Glacier Bay when it visits Hubbard Glacier. Ships that don't visit Hubbard Glacier that are r/t from Vancouver literally spend the entire 7-nights in the Inside Passage waterway. Hope this helps! :)

Archived