Recomendations for Short Horseback Riding Excursion in Skagway

Hazmat9

My wife and I will be sailing on Celebrity's Infinity in May 2011 and would like to plan a horseback riding shore excursion in Skagway, Alaska on May 31st. All I can find are riding excursions that are around 6 hours or so which includes the transportation to/from. Does anyone know of a horseback riding excursion that is closer to Skagway itself and only at the most 3 hours? Just want to have time to do other things and really don't want to spend a lot of time on horseback. Many Thanks!

My wife and I will be sailing on Celebrity's Infinity in May 2011 and would like to plan a horseback riding shore excursion in Skagway, Alaska on May 31st. All I can find are riding excursions that are around 6 hours or so which includes the transportation to/from. Does anyone know of a horseback riding excursion that is closer to Skagway itself and only at the most 3 hours? Just want to have time to do other things and really don't want to spend a lot of time on horseback. Many Thanks!

The gem of horseback riding is out of Carcross, with Joni. Consistant raves, and is one of the extended timed tours. There usually is a ship contracted Skagway horse back riding tour, that is shorter, but only gets so so reviews.

I'll probably go with the one that the cruise line goes with since it's shorter. We have horses of our own so we'd rather spend time enjoying other things but my wife just has to get something in with horses before she leaves. :D Thanks!

Did the Dyea horseback ride out of Skagway two years ago. While the trail ended in a spectacular valley, much of the ride was wooded. And insurance concerns demanded step-stools for mounting and dismounting, and hard hat riding helmets. I loved the surrounding scenery, but this was little more than a city park type pony ride. :( I'm certainly not the best horseman, but this trailride made me feel like a six year old.

Archived