Another newbe flyer question

Suzque49

Ok, we booked a flight through EZ Air (Princess)from Fairbanks to LAX, we fly into Seattle and change planes after a 4 hour layover. The first leg is Alaska Air, the second is Delta (operated by Alaska Airlines). Delta indicates it is actually an Alaska flight.

My question is, do we go to the baggage claim from our first flight and then recheck into the next leg of the flight, do we have to go though the whole check in process as we did when we checked in for the first leg of the flight? Or do we just hang out and go to the boarding area of the next flight with our bags being transferred by the airlines?

Thanks, last time we had a layover in Seattle, but no change of planes.

As Toto said, your entire trip is on Alaska Airlines. Your luggage will be checked through all the way to LAX.

AS gates in Seattle could be terminal C, terminal D, or North Terminal. Before relaxing for 4 hours, make sure you know which terminal you LAX flight will be departing from, then relax with a nice lunch. AS gates at LAX are in terminal 3.

Code shares, they can be confusing. The one question that comes to my mind in this situation is if there is a problem, who do you go to for resoultion? If the second flight was a pure Delta flight, it would be Delta's problem as the final carrier. Hopefully with that long a layover and a code share you won't have any problems.

Code shares, they can be confusing. The one question that comes to my mind in this situation is if there is a problem, who do you go to for resoultion? If the second flight was a pure Delta flight, it would be Delta's problem as the final carrier. Hopefully with that long a layover and a code share you won't have any problems.

With this being ANC to LAX, codeshare shouldn't be a problem. However, AS is the airline the customer would deal with. Seattle is the home hub for Alaska Airlines. They have 13 daily non-stop and something like 19 daily 1 stop flights from SEA to LAX

So we just get off one flight, find our way to the boarding area of the next flight and relax till boarding time? So when we check in at Fairbanks, that is for the entire flight, no need to check in again in Seattle?

Thanks, I know I am a bit dense at times, and I really appriciate all your support and help. I'll try not to ask any more stupid questions. LOL

So we just get off one flight, find our way to the boarding area of the next flight and relax till boarding time? So when we check in at Fairbanks, that is for the entire flight, no need to check in again in Seattle?

Just check you have 2 boarding passes each and that the label on the luggage says LAX. If in doubt, just ask at checkin or at the gate.

Archived