Quest about vow renewal

Suzque49

How does princess set up a vow renewal ceremony? Do they contact you on the first day of the cruise to set everything up? Day, time, wine, music, etc. Or do they communicate with you prior to the departure to make all the arrangements?

I did the vow renewal (basic package). When I arrived in my cabin, there was a note to go to guest services and finalize with them. In my case, the renewal was set up for the first formal night, right before the Captain's Reception.

How does princess set up a vow renewal ceremony? Do they contact you on the first day of the cruise to set everything up? Day, time, wine, music, etc. Or do they communicate with you prior to the departure to make all the arrangements?

They Called us right after we boarded & we set up a time to meet with the representative the next morning. When we met she asked us if we had a preference on our day & since our actual 20th anniversary was one of the days we were at sea we had it then. She also asked us where we planned to dine & took care of all the reservations. She was beyond fantastic! Enjoy your special renewal ceremony.

They called us once we boarded to ask questions about what we wanted for the ceremony. They gave us a time but it was for 6:30 and our dinner time was 6:00. We asked if we could change the time because we had a large group of family with us that would have to find other alternatives for dinner on formal night. The captain was kind enough to do the ceremony at 5:40. It's a 10 minute ceremony and I have to say they really do a great job with it. They had the chapel set up in no time with fake candles and beautiful flowers, the photographer was there and the captain of course who was very very nice. The bouquet of orchids they gave me was absolutely gorgeous. They gave us the card the captain used to read the vows, a certificate and also a pretty announcement card. The only disappointing thing was the webcam was not working so my family at home could not see the ceremony. Other than that, I'm really glad we did it and it's worth the money. Enjoy your special day!

Archived