how have they done? - Ventura balcony upgrade

berlingo

My parents are off on their first cruise ( after much encouragement ), in July. They will be sailing for two weeks around the Med on Ventura.

They booked a JC Grade Balcony cabin on a guarentee basis last month. When checking their cruise personaliser on the P&O website today I noticed they have now been given a cabin number. It is a JB Grade balcony on C Deck C429.

What do people think about this cabin? I am a little concerned that it seems to be very close to the midships lifts and wondered whether this could be a problem.

I would be grateful for your thoughts. They are cruising to celebrate my Mums `Special` birthday so I would like all to go well.

Many thanks

That's a great cabin. Larger balconies on C deck too. :)

Don't worry about being near the lifts - you can't hear a thing from the cabin. We had A430 (next to the lifts) in October and you wouldn't even know the lifts are close by, yet it's so convenient to get anywhere.

That is an exceptionally good gty cabin, far better than all the JA grade cabins and about as central and therefore convenient for everywhere as they could be; plus the largest balvonies on board, with the exception of a couple of the suites.

We have cabin C423 next but one from your parents in a couple of weeks time. To be honest I am not bothered about being closed to the lifts. I see as it as an advantage to getting to places quickly.

The advantage of C deck cabins are the larger balconies. It is partially covered so you choose to sit in or out of the sun. :)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I shall have great pleasure in telling my parents the good news.

They were also wondering what sort of furniture the have on these sort of balconies- any idea?

Scorpio- hope you have a lovely time on your forthcoming cruise.

Regards

Thanks everyone for your replies. I shall have great pleasure in telling my parents the good news.

They were also wondering what sort of furniture the have on these sort of balconies- any idea?

Scorpio- hope you have a lovely time on your forthcoming cruise.

Regards

Unfortunately only 2 upright recliner chairs and a small table, on Princess these same balconies also have 2 full recliners and a bigger table.

Archived