Are there any suite perks?

MS52

Sorry if this questioned has been asked and answered a thousand times but I went thru the first 6 pages (slowly!) and didn't find an answer......

Does Carnival offer any perks when you book a suite? Celebrating 40 years with my DH and considering booking a suite.

Thanks !

One thing to remember is the different sizes of the suites (the old Cat 11 and Cat 12 - don't remember their "new" names - I think they are "Vista Suite and "Grand Suite" now :eek:).

The reason I mention this is that on the Pride we were just on, the very first day - barely away from the pier, an older gentleman knocked on our door and asked to see our room.

I didn't know him and it turns out, he booked a "suite" and couldn't understand why, when they passed our cabin on the way to theirs (the steward was talking to DH at that time), they saw ours and then theirs and were a bit - surprised - at the size difference. It appears they asked to book a "suite" and figured they were all the same.

My parents always took an 11 (I think "Vista" suite) and were very happy. DH and I always take a 12 (since I work while on vacation and, therefore, spend a lot of time in the cabin).

I just hate to see someone disappointed. The look on that gentleman's face was just so sad to see.

We got an expanded room service menu in the suite cabin on our last Carnival Cruise. Nice if you want to avoid the lines at the buffet.

Really? I never heard of that one. Must be something new.

How did it differ from the regular menu?

I've never seen a different menu. What is different from the regular menu? Is it still in the green binder or somewhere else? Our next suite is on the Magic in a month so I'll look for it.

We had a suite on the Freedom (7317) this last January and loved it.

We did not have an extended menu though :confused:

You will have priority embarkation (not debarkation, unless you are Platinum)

You will have a huge bath

a nice balcony

they delivered chocolate cover strawberries one evening

If you have any tender ports, you have priority tender

We so enjoyed our suite however, on our upcoming cruise, our friends took the suite and we took the aft cabin next to theirs - they are celebrating their anniversary so we let them take it. We will book cuites in the future as well

Actually, they have been including suites with the pririty debarkations. They will tell you where to meet if you are doing self walk off or waiting on numbers. They give suites the lowest numbers along with platinum members.

Interesting, I was not aware of that - thanks Fire

forgot about the tub. Something to keep in mine is-- you can't just walk in the shower, you have to be able to lift you leg in the bathroom. OOPs that doesn't sound quiet right!

We are platinum and got goodies but I think that was because we were platinum not just in suite.

We will be in a GS on the Fantasy in May and it will be our 5 year anniversary. We have never cruised but I hope we at least get the choc. covered fruit that someone mentioned here for our anniversary:) I was disapointed to find that there were no other perks to booking a grand suite once I read that other cruiselines offer cool stuff for their suite residents. Oh well, at least it is going to be a blast and a new experience for our family!

We had an Ocean Suite for our cruise last March (2010) and we were assigned debarkation group 1. Still we waited at the Taj Mahal for nearly 3 hours before our number was called, so unless it's changed since we were on the Pride, I couldn't vouch for priority debarkation. Now we did have VIP embarkation. The OS was very nice & the bathroom was bigger than I expected (yes, there was a bathtub). And even though we booked our cruise for our anniversary and it was noted on our reservation in the field "occasion being celebrated", we didn't receive any acknowledgement from Carnival. I guess I'm wondering why they ask that question then.

We still really enjoyed our cruise and our son loved the food, especially the chocolate melting cake, so we're going on the Pride again in July!

Sorry if this questioned has been asked and answered a thousand times but I went thru the first 6 pages (slowly!) and didn't find an answer......

Does Carnival offer any perks when you book a suite? Celebrating 40 years with my DH and considering booking a suite.

Thanks !

You get priority boarding and that is it.

I am surprised they didn't give you anything for the occassion. as we went on the imagination for our first carnival cruise in an ocean view room and they gave my daughter a plate of chocolate strawberries as she was celebrating her win at the cheerleading worlds for team canada

1142875962_alexsstrawberries(2).jpg.deedf4758e54f559abc126ac41cd9d37.jpg

I am surprised they didn't give you anything for the occassion. as we went on the imagination for our first carnival cruise in an ocean view room and they gave my daughter a plate of chocolate strawberries as she was celebrating her win at the cheerleading worlds for team canada

Someone then agreed to give it to her, as its NOT included.

You can buy chocolate covered stawberries but they are not free. Maybe your TA did it for her??

no my ta didn't even know as we just drove down to miami right after the comp. my dd just came on board with her trophy and medals. and we don't buy these strawberries when you know how to make them a lot cheaper. it was a pleasant surprise. the note was from the cruise director.

Congratulations of 40 years!!! DH and I recently celebrated our 20th and we went with a suite. Other than VIP Boarding and priority debarkation there are not additional perks. However, with a private balcony we were able to have nice room service breakfast, a quite place to talk and lounge when deck chairs were hard to find. The room was nice and large with a walk-in closet, and a great area for doing make-up.

As someone else mentioned if either you or DH can not lift your legs you may have an issue with the tub, it is a high step up. I have a back issue and lost my balance more than once getting out of the tub.

I would book the suite just because you will never have another 40th....

Archived