Tuxedo Rentals????

My husband says it's well worth it. (He's renting another one on our upcoming Alaska cruise.) It's hassle free, and the service has always been good.

If you are a Crown and Anchor member, you should get a coupon for a small discount on rentals as well.

My husband says it's well worth it. (He's renting another one on our upcoming Alaska cruise.) It's hassle free, and the service has always been good.

If you are a Crown and Anchor member, you should get a coupon for a small discount on rentals as well.

Thanks, do you know if you can use the coupon if you book online in advance?

I rented on both Oasis and Freedom last year. In the closet when I arrived, picked-up the last day of the cruise while I was out. No problems, and looked great. I suggest getting the upgraded package and going traditional one night and long tie and vest the next.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a tux rental is likely to cost. We're flying from Europe to Brazil in January, and it would save packing a suit for just one night (I do love to see men looking handsome in suits!)

All you need to know. https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

Well, not exactly. Make sure you try on the tux as soon as you can. If there are any problems (fit, missing stud, etc.), they can be resolve right then. If you wait until the first formal night and there is an issue, you may not be able to solve the problem in time.

I own a tux but my last three trips have rented because it is so much less trouble. The form you fill out on line is pretty easy and you can get most info from your closet or with a good tape. If you have to go to a local tux shop and ask them to do the info for you.

I agree, that I take my own shoes and socks. It's not to save money I just like to know where my feet have been and I like socks that come a little higher up the calf than they usually give you.

I think I paid about $85 on my last rental and I got two shirts. On the LOS there was actually a tux shop where you could go exchange stuff while on board if something didn't fit. I am not sure you can just walk in and rent off the rack, but it seemed like you could from what I read once we got onboard.

Hi, don't think you can use the coupon ahead of time.

Also I usually rent a tux but have started taking my own shirt(s) The cruise line Tux folks have gone to sizes, S,M,L,XL. Does not work for me, I need a 16 1/2-17 neck and a 33 sleeve. The sizes they are using after a few laundry cycles the L is a 16 neck. The XL is a 17 but sleeves too long.

Just more comfortable, Good Crusing.

I just went through this 3 weeks ago so I speak from very recent experience. The charge will show up on your Seapass account after you are on board. The package that I rented was $89. I am a Platinum member so my discount was 10%. Take the discount certificate to the Guest Relations desk and ask them to apply it to your account. The $89 will come off the account and the new figure (in may case $80.10) will go on your account.

Hi, don't think you can use the coupon ahead of time.

Also I usually rent a tux but have started taking my own shirt(s) The cruise line Tux folks have gone to sizes, S,M,L,XL. Does not work for me, I need a 16 1/2-17 neck and a 33 sleeve. The sizes they are using after a few laundry cycles the L is a 16 neck. The XL is a 17 but sleeves too long.

Just more comfortable, Good Crusing.

I ordered a 16-1/2" neck and 35" sleeves. Mine fit perfectly.

My D/H rented a tux on Freedom, My advice is try the tux on as soon as it is delivered to you. My husbands jacket was too small. Our room steward took care of it. This is so much easier than packing his. With airline baggage fees it gave ME more room for shoes :)

My husband rented one on our Liberty cruise a few weeks ago. He pre-ordered online a couple of weeks before we left and it was hanging in our closet when we arrived. Hassle-free. Fit perfectly. Sure did save space in the suitcase. I think we'll be doing that from now on.

Can anyone offer any feedback on their experience from renting a Tuxedo on board the Allure or other RCI ship? Thinking of renting one rather than packing one. Thanks!

My Husband has rented many times thinks it's great not having to pack.

We've rented w/great success many times. Make sure that you take the coupon to Customer Service (not to the steward). Then it should be credited appropriately!

You only pay once onboard so yes you can use the coupon.

I ordered a 16-1/2" neck and 35" sleeves. Mine fit perfectly.

That is good news, sounds like someone figured out one "one size fits most" does't really work with dress shirts. When was that? My last rental was last fall. Shirt size in neck said "L".

That is good news, sounds like someone figured out one "one size fits most" does't really work with dress shirts. When was that? My last rental was last fall. Shirt size in neck said "L".

This was March of '11 on Serenade. I didn't check the tag. The shirt fit fine so I didn't feel a need to.

Archived