All things Reflections

Penney80

This image of that portion completed to date of the Celebrity Reflection shown in cross section as seen shortly after the Disney Fantasy was towed from the builders shed.

CRcrossection.jpg

How did you get this photo? The only one i saw on the site yesterday was the one still from the webcam....

How did you get this photo? The only one i saw on the site yesterday was the one still from the webcam....

It's a composite picture stitched together from a video, not from their website.

I did see that the stern block of the Celebrity Reflection was floated into the builders shed shortly after Disney Fantasy exited, so hopefully on the next webcam update we'll see additional modules in place as construction continues.The stern block houses the ships diesel/electric engines.

Link to article on the stern block with pictures...

HERE

The last paragraph of the article already lists her float out date...

"The construction of the last Solstice-class cruise ship for Celebrity Cruises goes until August. On August 12, undocking the Celebrity Reflection is planned . 14 days later is the luxury liner converted via the Ems to Eemshaven , there will be the first test and setting journeys made. The maiden voyage of Celebrity Reflection whose price is fixed in the rest down has started on Oct 12, 2012 from Amsterdam."

I remember reading this from a prior press release, but wondered if the increase in additional seats in the various dining venues was just cramming more seats in the same amount of space? The ship is only being widened by a meter?

Quote:

In addition to the 34 new AquaClass Suites, Celebrity Reflection also will present an additional eight luxurious new Sky Suites, 19 additional plush Concierge Class staterooms, and 11 additional inside staterooms, bringing the stateroom/suite total to 1,515.

"We gave a great deal of thought to how to ideally accommodate everything we're adding," said Hanrahan. "We're widening the ship slightly, enabling us to introduce each of these exceptional new venues without compromising an inch of Celebrity's premium space ratio and traffic flow."

Celebrity Reflection will offer:

- 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity

- 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater

- 118 in Oceanview Café

- 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille

- 4 additional seats in Qsine

- 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

Love this class of ships. Went on the Eclipse and Silhouette during their first two months of sailings and will be on B2B on Reflections Oct. 21 and Nov. 4. Can't wait to see if they make any changes.:)

Love this class of ships. Went on the Eclipse and Silhouette during their first two months of sailings and will be on B2B on Reflections Oct. 21 and Nov. 4. Can't ait to see if they make any changes.:)

We have a very active roll call for the Nov 4th cruise if you would like to join in on that message board. Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=31966414#post31966414

Linda

Love this class of ships. Went on the Eclipse and Silhouette during their first two months of sailings and will be on B2B on Reflections Oct. 21 and Nov. 4. Can't wait to see if they make any changes.:)

Me Too...............sailing on Her Dec 5th/8th B2B cant wait.......:D

we have been on soltice, equinox, galaxy and mercury. must admit the solstice class are my favorite. we are on the century and the reflection this year. does anyone know about the century? will it be a disappointment after being on the newer ships?

Updated web cam image of the Celebrity Reflection as her construction continues. More amidships modules are now in place in the dry dock extending the current build of her superstructure. Additional modules are in place on the side of the dry dock including one (just below the second green lifting crane) that appears to be the housing base of a smokestack?

Jan. 25, 2012

CRjan252012.jpg

Updated web cam image of the Celebrity Reflection as her construction continues. More amidships modules are now in place in the dry dock extending the current build of her superstructure. Additional modules are in place on the side of the dry dock including one (just below the second green lifting crane) that appears to be the housing base of a smokestack?

Jan. 25, 2012

CRjan252012.jpg

Man I wish i even understood how you give the detail you give based on the photo. To me it all looks the same LOL

Man I wish i even understood how you give the detail you give based on the photo. To me it all looks the same LOL

Just for comparison ;) here is a side-by-side of the of webcam images taken on Jan 18 and Jan 25 of the Celebrity Reflection. You can see she is now longer than before as they have added more pre-fabricated modules to length the ship.

CRjan2520121.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Side by side of the last web cam image dated Feb. 9th and todays update for Feb. 13th. Not much has really changed. The crane has moved out of the way and you can better see the hull of the ship extending further in the drydock as construction continues.

Feb2012.jpg

On the Celeberity web site it gives the description of the Signature suites as having a "Sea view bathroom with cantilever shower and veranda tubs". Does anyone know what that means? It shows in the drawing what looks like a bathtub on the veranda but how can that be and what do they mean by cantilever shower?

we have been on soltice, equinox, galaxy and mercury. must admit the solstice class are my favorite. we are on the century and the reflection this year. does anyone know about the century? will it be a disappointment after being on the newer ships?

A cruise is a cruise, but I would much rather be on a Solstice class ship than the Century. We sailed on her a few years ago (2008, so may have been updated since then) and I was disappointed. Century is smaller, not as much to do, and seemed a little "worn-out" to me, and I didn't care for the decor. Just my opinion.

It's hard to imagine the picture we see above will be a ship we can sail on in a matter of 8 months. At least, I hope it will be, as I'm slated to be on the 1st sailing out of Amsterdam! lol

Here's hoping it stays on track.

Thanks for the updates, I love your details about what you see occurring, because to me it's kinda like an inkblot test LOL

Thanks for the updates, I love your details about what you see occurring, because to me it's kinda like an inkblot test LOL

LOL. I forget sometimes that I spent some time in shipyards during me stint in the Navy. ;) Having watched the last four Solstice-class being built it comes second hand to repeat the details. Next update I'll try something different for those who may not have been in the loop for the last few new builds. :D

This spectacular new image of the Celebrity Reflection under construction dated Feb. 15, 2012, courtesy (Thank you!) of MeyerWerft.

This view shows the port (left) side of the ship looking forward. The forward end of the ship and bridge wing can be seen on the upper left side of the image.

In the middle of the picture you can see the hull with lifeboat davits, but no superstructure built on top of it yet.

The stern of the ship will be to the right of the image just outside of the frame and several pre-fabricated modules can be seen to the left of the ship on the side of the dry dock, some covered for protection.

6885165101_b1fd90d0c6_o.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Meyerwerft

Thank you!

In this zoom in of the forward superstructure you can see more detail:

6885223817_9acf467951_o.jpg

Archived