Great outcome from our Credit Card Travel Insurance

It covers the named partner for expenses

FROM THE POLICY

"We will reimburse You for actual and reasonable additional expenses necessarily incurred up to a maximum of $5,000 per policy for related travel, phone calls, accommodation and meals for Yourself and any other person named on Your Certificate of Insurance accompanying You whilst You convalesce. You must obtain prior authorisation "

Just had a look at SCTI and was quoted $415 for 42 nights and they state you can only comunicate with them on line. I like to deal with companys that you can phone. Think we will stick with the credit card insurance. Never had to make a claim but have heard from others that they haven't had any problems. I have already phoned the insurance company that handles our bank's card insurance and had a very good response.

Cheers, Janet

Just had a look at SCTI and was quoted $415 for 42 nights and they state you can only comunicate with them on line. I like to deal with companys that you can phone. Think we will stick with the credit card insurance. Never had to make a claim but have heard from others that they haven't had any problems. I have already phoned the insurance company that handles our bank's card insurance and had a very good response.

Cheers, Janet

I was going to take out a family cover for the two of us through SCTI (we are late50's/60's) and for 36 days. The quote online was around $500, so I thought I'd be better off upgrading my CC to include travel insurance ...and getting more FF points in the deal.

I'll take another look at the SCTI site, but assume you are lots younger. Good on you for finding this good deal.

I reckon no matter whether you use Credit Card Insurance or direct through an Insurance Company..the insurers only want to pay out if they really have to after wearing you down.

They will find an out if they can. Yes, I am still waiting for Mondial to pay up after 3 months. Watch this space !

Thanks for the heads up on Southern Cross Insurance anyway, great part of Cruise Critic, exchange of information @ 'The good oil.'

Archived