IE 17th or 24th May Anyone going?

moto9

Hooray! our tickets have arrived. :D I have not seen anyone else mention the above dates! Are we 3 the only ones going?? :eek: Really looking forward to our 2nd Cruise on Island Escape - Marinas & Monuments/Escape to the Med - back to back!! :D Can you see I'm getting excited?? :cool:

Mo. :)

Hooray! our tickets have arrived. :D I have not seen anyone else mention the above dates! Are we 3 the only ones going?? :eek: Really looking forward to our 2nd Cruise on Island Escape - Marinas & Monuments/Escape to the Med - back to back!! :D Can you see I'm getting excited?? :cool:

:cool: your getting me excited now for the 31st, just make sure the 3 of you keep it clean and tidy for our party thanks in advance.

:cool: your getting me excited now for the 31st, just make sure the 3 of you keep it clean and tidy for our party thanks in advance.

Hi devonyorkie.

Looks like we 3 have it to ourselves for these 2 weeks!! ;)

:cool: at the moment it's our party of 2 and welsh ted and his party for the 31st.

:eek::eek: what worries me is there seems to be plenty of reports of people going on the I.E.but no reports of people coming back,seems to be some kind of Bermuda Triangle going off.:eek:

:cool: at the moment it's our party of 2 and welsh ted and his party for the 31st.

:eek::eek: what worries me is there seems to be plenty of reports of people going on the I.E.but no reports of people coming back,seems to be some kind of Bermuda Triangle going off.:eek:

Yep!! Very strange!!:(

Hi devonyorkie.

You are not alone - another 2 here going on the 17th :)

Hi! MallorcaChap. It's me, Mo, that's doing this cruise, with my hubby & daughter. :) So glad we will not be alone! :eek:

Kind regards. Mo.

My husband and I are on the IE 24th May for 2 weeks, looking forward to our first ever cruise.;)

Hi johnstm. Thanks for posting. :) 24th will be our second week! :D We did 2 weeks last year on IE and that was our first ever cruise. We loved the laid back, friendly atmosphere of this ship. Granted, it could do with a facelift -hopefully that will happen eventually. I hope you enjoy your first cruise as much as we did. :D

Kind regards. Mo.

• 3 weeks later...

Watch out! There's a strange parallel universe on the IE. People come on here all excited asking loads of questions then go on holiday promising to report back and are never heard of again. Spooky!!:eek:

Jan

John Hi,

My advice to you!! just relax and go with the flow.

1st day at sea, if it's sunny go and get a sunbed early as they become a premium after 9 am :eek:

Make sure you get to the shows early as the best seats tend to go quickly, I found the best seats to see the shows at a comfortable distance are half way down on the port side (pub side)

There are plenty more but at work at the moment, will have a gander later after these long hours .

RR

We are now getting very excited about our first ever cruise. Does anyone have any tips for a newbie. We need all the help we can get. :o

Go on Thomson forum and look at the thread "5 things you wish you'd known on your first cruise". Dozens of great tips on that one.:):)

It's on page 3, 5th one down today.

Jan

yes my partner and I are going on Island Escape 17-24 may. Our first cruise so a bit apprehensive.

Gingerlyn

Hi Gingerlyn and welcome.

No need to worry. If I had £5 for everyone who said the same as you and came back having had a fantastic time I'd be a rich woman. Sadly, that's not likely to happen so you'll just have to take my word for it, lol.:):)

Any queries, feel free to ask away. Thomson forum doesn't have much on the IE but a lot of general points which should help if you can't find the answer here. Try doing a search first as you'll probably find your question has been asked before.:)

Jan

yes my partner and I are going on Island Escape 17-24 may. Our first cruise so a bit apprehensive.

Gingerlyn

Hi Gingerlyn

I know how you feel! We were exactly the same last year after booking our first cruise. We got to the point of almost cancelling! :eek: Thanks to the good folks on this site we didn't & really enjoyed our cruise. As you see we're off again on Tuesday! :D Don't expect 5*. It doesn't claim to be. We loved the relaxed, friendly atmosphere & just hope it is still the same. Just be determined to enjoy it!! :cool:

Mo.:)

Hi Mo

Have a great time next week if I don't catch you before. Hope you get nice weather.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan. Thanks. :) Yes hope the weather is good. We will enjoy our break anyway. Not long until you go!

Kind regards. Mo. :)

Hi Jan. Thanks. :) Yes hope the weather is good. We will enjoy our break anyway. Not long until you go!

Kind regards. Mo. :)

Hi Mo

Less than 3 weeks for me. I've been greedily looking at the IE later in the year. Time for another cruise.;)

Jan

Archived