Bermuda schedule during Cup Match public holiday

jrj972

Hello, Hello :D

We've re-vamped our schedule due to the cup match public holiday and wanted your thoughts... is this schedule doable? do we have everything lined up where it makes sense?

As always, your assistance/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here goes...

1. Ferry to St. George {if running on Holidays} if not take the bus or a cab

2. Crystal and Fantasy Caves

3. Lunch at the Swizzle Inn

4. Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo

5. John Smith’s Beach

6. Return to dockyard via bus

Please let me know your thoughts... thanks much!

JJ

I think that's an ambitious itinerary for one day when everything is running on a normal schedule. Is this a one-day stop in Bermuda, or will you be there overnight?

Have you checked the websites for these attractions to see if they're open on that day? I don't know how it is now, but years ago lots of things closed for the day. Buses may be on a reduced schedule. I've never done the caves, but lunch at the Swizzle Inn might take the better part of an hour, and you can easily spend two hours at the aquarium and zoo. More, if like my DH, you read EVERY WORD in the museum.

We were in Bermuda for Cup Day many years ago. We went to the match and had a fabulous time. I still don't understand cricket, but I enjoyed the day. Consider going to the match--think of it as an opportunity to do something unusual instead of something that interferes with your plans.

I think you schedule is doable but have to agree that its a bit aggressive. Things are turned around upside down during Cup Match so I would call or e-mail the places to see what their schedule is. Just a note... Cup match is in St Georges this year so it will be pretty crazy out there... cup match is an experience but the other things you have suggested are pretty fun as well.

Best,

AD

I think that's an ambitious itinerary for one day when everything is running on a normal schedule. Is this a one-day stop in Bermuda, or will you be there overnight?

Have you checked the websites for these attractions to see if they're open on that day? I don't know how it is now, but years ago lots of things closed for the day. Buses may be on a reduced schedule. I've never done the caves, but lunch at the Swizzle Inn might take the better part of an hour, and you can easily spend two hours at the aquarium and zoo. More, if like my DH, you read EVERY WORD in the museum.

We were in Bermuda for Cup Day many years ago. We went to the match and had a fabulous time. I still don't understand cricket, but I enjoyed the day. Consider going to the match--think of it as an opportunity to do something unusual instead of something that interferes with your plans.

Hi 3rdGenCunarder :D

Thanks so much for your response and info... I called everyone except for Swizzle Inn... called Swizzle Inn today and found out they are closed on Thursday {first day of cup match} :( oh well... there will be other places to eat a quick bite :) we're considering attending the match... should be fun!

Thanks again,

JJ

I think you schedule is doable but have to agree that its a bit aggressive. Things are turned around upside down during Cup Match so I would call or e-mail the places to see what their schedule is. Just a note... Cup match is in St Georges this year so it will be pretty crazy out there... cup match is an experience but the other things you have suggested are pretty fun as well.

Best,

AD

Hi isyer1 :D

Thanks so much for your response... we thought cup match was being held in Somerset this year :eek:

JJ, sorry to hear the Swizzle will be closed, but it's good you found out now. If you think of cricket as a stuffy, proper upper-class Brit thing, that's not cricket on Bermuda. It's a party, and everyone has a great time. Maybe you can get a rum swizzle at the match. You may go back to Bermuda, but how likely are you to be there for the Cup? Go for it and enjoy!

JJ, sorry to hear the Swizzle will be closed, but it's good you found out now. If you think of cricket as a stuffy, proper upper-class Brit thing, that's not cricket on Bermuda. It's a party, and everyone has a great time. Maybe you can get a rum swizzle at the match. You may go back to Bermuda, but how likely are you to be there for the Cup? Go for it and enjoy!

Hi 3rdGenCunarder :D

Our thoughts exactly... we freaked out at first and thought our vacation would be ruined :eek: but then we thought... wait a minute... what an amazing opportunity to hang out with Bermudians, learn more about their culture/lifestyle and have that experience as part of our vacation... Ahhh yes... change of mindset does wonders :) thanks so much for your response and reminder of how we can enjoy cup match AND snag a rum swizzle in the process :D

Have a fabulous day!

JJ

Archived