Star Alaska disembarkation - will I make an 11.20 flight from Seattle?

a_cruise_fan

I am sailing an Alaska cruise on the Star in June, and I have just been advised by my airline that they have brought my flight forward from 1 pm to 11.20 am.

The itinerary says the ship docks at 8 am, will this give me enough time to get to the airport for an 11.20 am flight?

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm not sure what to do. The next available flight is at 5.45pm and I'd rather not hang around in the airport for that long if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Last time we sailed Star there was a snafu where Customs did not send enough people at first. There was a line from here to Hunt's Point, grumpy people toting their bags. Not pretty.

So many things can happen that are not in the control of NCL.

If you have to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight, that is really pushing it.

PortSeattle says it can take from 15 to 30 minutes to get from the terminal to SeaTac.

I would be nervous.

Tight but not impossible.

Do self disembark.

Grab a cab vs trying to find your "ride".

On the other hand, if you miss that flight, the later one may well be full.

Have you thought about spending the night in downtown Seattle. Enjoy the town, then fly out in the morning.

All things being equal, you should make it if you don't dawdle. But there's no margin for error.

One thing to consider is an excursion with the cruise line. They'll bring your bags on the tour bus, do whatever tour, and get you to the airport later.

I will be watching this thread as we will be on the same ship, same city and our flight leaves at 12:45pm. It was originally 2:45 but the airlines bumped it up 2 hours.

I hope we can make the 12:45 because their is not a later flight on this airline for the day..

Any help on easing my mind on this 12:45 departure???

I will be watching this thread as we will be on the same ship, same city and our flight leaves at 12:45pm. It was originally 2:45 but the airlines bumped it up 2 hours.

I hope we can make the 12:45 because their is not a later flight on this airline for the day..

Any help on easing my mind on this 12:45 departure???

We had a 12:15 departure when we returned on the Pearl on a Sunday, same time. Had plenty of time to spare.

12:45 is much better.

Staying an extra night in Seattle is even better.

When an airline makes that big of a change, they will normally allow you to make change on your end, without charge - such as next day.

We were on the Pearl out of Seattle.....self disembarked by 8:00am (Only problem with self disembarking is getting an elevator to fit you and your luggage, because they are so packed with others and their luggage) But we were at the pier by 8:20am. Had a car pre-arranged...but there are plenty of taxis lined up.....at the airport by 9:00am. Plenty of time for our 1:00pm flight....so it should be OK for your 11:20 flight as long as all goes well with customs etc. and definitely plenty of time for the 12:45pm flight.

I am sailing an Alaska cruise on the Star in June, and I have just been advised by my airline that they have brought my flight forward from 1 pm to 11.20 am.

The itinerary says the ship docks at 8 am, will this give me enough time to get to the airport for an 11.20 am flight?

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm not sure what to do. The next available flight is at 5.45pm and I'd rather not hang around in the airport for that long if I don't have to.

Thanks.

You will probably be fine. Like garycarla said, do the self disembark and get a cab. If you're off the ship by 8:30 you'll be at the airport by 9. We always arrive at SeaTac 2 hours early and have never needed that much time. The usual advice is no flights before noon and you're pretty close to that.

In 16 cruises our disembarkation has been delayed once, so it can happen. You just have to judge the risk for yourself.

I think it's best to be prepared for the worst. On one cruise coming home to Seattle, we arrived in port on time, but there was a surprise immigration check. This meant that EVERY crew member, including the captain, had to come off the ship and be cleared before ANY passengers could come off.

It delayed the start of disembarkation by about 2 hours. It didn't affect us, as Seattle is home, but for those whose flights and trains, etc left without them, I felt very sorry.

There is nothing NCL can do about that - it is a random check that there is no warning of.

Truth be told, I was very impressed that they could get that many crew members off the ship, cleared and back on the ship without delaying it even more than about 2 hours. (It was between 90 minutes and 2 hours.)

There are lots of things to see and do in Seattle if you have some time to kill before a later flight. If you stick to the earlier flight, odds are in your favor that all will be well. I would still be a little nervous, but that's just me.

Good ouck!

12:45 is much better.

Staying an extra night in Seattle is even better.

When an airline makes that big of a change, they will normally allow you to make change on your end, without charge - such as next day.

That's what DH & I did. We flew in one day early, and home the day after the cruise. Did the same for our Hawaiian cruise.

Archived