Late eDocs

I have a question too.

Do I need to print out that whole big colorful brochure? There is a link.

For the cruise, no. The only thing you really need is the sign and sail thingy, which is separate once you have checked in. It will speed things up at the port.

I tend to print the itinerary pages for my own reference.

We did book through a TA who seems to think everything is OK. However in searching this forum, I can't find a single example of someone who didn't receive their edocs at least 45 days in advance. I've contacted both RCCL and the TA who both claim to be waiting on the other.

It just makes me nervous, the last time I didn't get travel documents, a different TA "forgot" to credit my final deposit and we got screwed out of the honeymoon we had booked (not a cruise). I have room assignment, final payment receipt and Sign & Sail, that should be enough right? The only thing I'd need my edocs for would be proof of port transfer.

We never got emailed eDocs for our last cruise. I kind of assumed they had quit sending them out since everything in them is available through your reservation on the website.

To the OP - since you booked with a TA they are the only ones to have access to the Guest Ticket Booklet. RCI usually sends the TA an E-mail when the docs have been released, but sometimes the E-mail does not get sent for whatever reason. The TA needs to log into cruising power and pull up the list of docs that have been released. They can then either print and mail them to you or forward the link to you so you can pick up your docs.

I was able to print my own docs even though I used a TA. Just an FYI.

If you have ChoiceAir, this is a known issue. If ANYTHING changed with your air (seat assignment, flight number, flight time, etc) RCCL's system will hold your documents. Have your TA give them a call and they can push them through.

This was absolutely true in my case. My ChoiceAir reservations were changed with a whole new second flight leg. They significantly shortened our layover and IMO set us up for failure making our connection in Madrid.

I received my luggage tags today, so I am a happy camper. Thanks everyone!

So in reading through these forums, I see that eDocs are usually issued about 45 days from your saildate. I'm 25 days from my saildate and no sign of my eDocs either via email or the RCCL website. I still get the message: "You have selected to receive your documents electronically, but they are not yet available. You will receive an e-mail when your documents are ready to download."

My question: Has anyone else received their eDocs this late in the game? It's leaving me with a very narrow window to order luggage tags.

Why would you be asking here and not asking RCCL customer service?

Hi

I have my Set Sail Pass, however here in the Uk the TA does not send out the travel docs until between 7-10 days of travel. So if I want to try to get my selected seat on the plane, I will have to wait and take pot luck.

Regards

JO

If you are on group allocation you won't be able to prebook any seats. this will have to be done at check in

• 7 months later...
If you have ChoiceAir, this is a known issue. If ANYTHING changed with your air (seat assignment, flight number, flight time, etc) RCCL's system will hold your documents. Have your TA give them a call and they can push them through.

My edocs are late, and I had a change in flight time with ChoiceAir made a few months ago for my February 2012 Oasis cruise. Is a change that long ago enough to have RCCL hold my documents!?

Can anyone confirm that this is the reason for the delay of my edocs?

My edocs are late, and I had a change in flight time with ChoiceAir made a few months ago for my February 2012 Oasis cruise. Is a change that long ago enough to have RCCL hold my documents!?

Can anyone confirm that this is the reason for the delay of my edocs?

People have been known to have an issue when using ChoiceAir. My edocs were issued at 49 days and luggage tags ordered for the same sailing as you.

People have been known to have an issue when using ChoiceAir. My edocs were issued at 49 days and luggage tags ordered for the same sailing as you.

RCI told me that using ChoiceAir (at time of booking, in my case) shouldn't cause a problem. Anyhow, I don't need the eDocs - no vouchers for transportation to/from pier, etc. As for luggage tags, I can always get that taken care of at the pier.

Archived