Voyager B Penthouses 658-661

wapato2

I just spent 25 nights in 959; same suite just three decks higher. I really like location; near laundry and rear stairwell. I would prefer deck 6 as closer to most action and cooler in hallway. You will enjoy.

The suites you mentioned are not Penthouse "B" suites (unless I'm reading the deck plan incorrectly). I do not see any Penthouse suites on that deck. Except for the fact that they are a bit aft and could feel vibration, they should be fine.

The suites you mentioned are not Penthouse "B" suites (unless I'm reading the deck plan incorrectly). I do not see any Penthouse suites on that deck. Except for the fact that they are a bit aft and could feel vibration, they should be fine.

Jackie, of course there are Penthouse B suites on Deck 6 of Voyager.

Ready, fire, aim.

Again.

Thank God they've got your blessing ("they should be fine") since we're staying in one in June.

We stayed in 864 a few years ago. While it's a couple of decks up, we found it quite comfortable back there. No hallway traffic. Slight vibration which didn't bother us. Nice and handy to the laundry room to do last minute ironing as well as the rear stairs to get up or down.

Next trip in June we're in 658. Have no fear.

We have sailed in both 861 and 862 and they were perfect. Very quiet area, as others have said convenient to the laundry room, we felt no vibration (one of those was a TA crossing) and very comfortable. We love the PH layout on Voyager. I would assume deck six or seven would be very much the same.

The penthouses on Voyager are only 14 sq. ft. larger than the D to H Cabins. Not worth the extra money. Particularly, since the earlier bookings for restaurants & excursions are now available to Gold and above. Did the Voyager TA last Nov. and felt no signs of vibrations whatsoever and we were in the aft end of the ship.

I think its a matter of personal opinion as to whether or not they are worth the extra money. In both cases, we got a very good deal, and even though the PH's are only a few feet larger, they layout makes them feel much larger IMO. We haven't done a PH on Voyager in awhile, because they are priced so much higher now, but right price, right situation, I personally would take a PH.

As to the new benefits for gold and above in restaurants and excursions, I don't think that even goes into affect until Spring of 2012 so that shouldn't be an issue unless the OP is cruising after then, and are less than Gold level.

Jackie, of course there are Penthouse B suites on Deck 6 of Voyager.

I did say "unless I am reading the deck plan incorrectly". While not one to make excuses, my monitor went out and I could not see the colors. When I read the responses I looked at my DH's monitor. The size difference is so small that they didn't look like Penthouse suites. My humble apologies. My new computer will be delivered today. . . . in the meantime I remain color challenged to some extent.

In terms of being worth the extra money. . . . I definitely feel that they are if your itinerary is in Europe as they include Business Class Air. Otherwise, they are just more comfortable than regular suites.

Archived