LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

Hello all!

Seems there has been some very lively conversation to date. I can see everyone is going to have a great time on the ship!

My partner, Jon, and I are VERY close to booking this cruise. We're a couple from Toronto. We wanted to do the Equinox TA last year, but ended up backing out due to work schedule conflicts. Jon may have an exam in December this year; however, we will know in the next week. If he doesn't, then we're booking!

I'm really hoping that we can get on this ship. I've been waiting to do a TA for a while.

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Dan & Jon. Fellow Ontarians here. Hope to see you on board!

Thank you, Jay, for your detailed information on booking the train tickets to Civit. Very impressive that you would take the time and effort to help others. ( I followed your instructions carefully and it was pretty easy.) Last year I took the regular train down but I am anxious to try this particular train this year, mainly because of your reccomendations. . I am traveling down on Nov 30 at 12:10 and spending the night in Civit before our embarkation the next morning.(planning on going to the CC get together that night in Civit.. Am anxious to reconnect with friends from last year and new friends from the CC boards) I was able to get a 1st class ticket for 9 Euros . Not sure the big difference is in 1st class. We'll see. . I will be staying at the hotel Miramare in Civit. and the Hotel Opera Roma in Rome (right by Termini).

Let me introduce myself. I am Dave (Corybuff) and from San Francisco. I was on the same cruise last year and will be rejoining 7 of the people that were at our "solo" formal nights table last year. We all met on last year's cruise. (that is 7 out of 8 returning from our Cruise Critic organized table, including, Alan (Babe at Sea)(..hi, Alan, I finally made it over to this board.lol.) Needless to say we all had a great time last year.Looking forward to meeting all onboard and reconnecting with friends from last year. It is getting closer everyday. Have already started with the to do "lists":o lol...

Hi Dave! Good to see you on the boards. Looking forward to catching up again at the Civitavecchia drinks, if i don't see you at the hotel beforehand :)

Printed out the Xpress Pass and e-Docs yesterday. Getting close now :D

Here is my post from a while ago with the details on the express train from Termini. It seems that we have all chosen the earlier train which leaves at 12:10. Since it is reserved seating it is best to order tickets over the internet. Just be aware that the "discount" price increases as the train fills up. However, I just checked and the super discount second class tickets are still 9 Euros. I don't know why someone seems to have paid a lot more but that was probably for first class.

The train is such an easy and inexpensive way to get to Civitavecchia if you are in the vicinity of Termini. The "regionale" local trains are slow, uncomfortable and have little room for luggage. But a few times a day there is a "Frecciabianca" train that runs between Roma Termini and Genova which stops at Civitavecchia. You have to reserve a seat but the trains are the former deluxe long distance intercity trains with comfortable reclining seats and lots of luggage space. These trains usually make only one or two stops between Roma and Civitavecchia. You can get a second class Super Economy ticket if you buy the ticket in advance on the Trenitalia site (super economy tickets are still available as of today). The link is http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/inde...0080a3e90aRCRD. The price rises as more tickets are sold. Ours were nine Euros rather than the standard fourteen and a half Euros and our pre-allocated mandatory seat reservations which were included in the price were e-mailed to us along with our electronic train ticket. There are two Frecciabianca trains leaving Roma Termini that would get you to the ship in time for the cruise. If you are interested, here is the procedure:

Click on the above link which takes you to the English Trenitalia version. In the "From" box type in Roma (not Rome) Termini. In the "To" box type Civitavecchia. Indicate number of tickets and fill in the "hour" box with the number 12. The date of course will be 1-12-2012. Click on the lowest available fare box. This will pull up the complete list of trains around noon to Civitavecchia. There are two Frecciabianca trains that are available for getting to Civitavecchia in time for the cruise. The first is train #9786 which leaves at 12:10 and arrives at 12:51. The second train #9770 leaves at 13:29 and arrives at 14:07. Click on the train you prefer and the 9 euro per person economy fare if it is still available. The seat allocation is automatic when you purchase your ticket(s). Scroll down to the bottom and there is a box you can click which does not require registration. After completing each screen click on "complete". You will have to give your name and e-mail and you have to click on the box that indicates that you have read the rules and regulations. After completing the purchase with a credit card there will be an instantaneous message sent to your e-mail which has the ticket with electronic code printed on it. I used my credit card that has no foreign transaction fee but any major card will work.

I have used the Trenitalia site twice recently. Once for my tickets from Florence to Rome since I will be in Florence for a week before traveling to Rome and once again for Civitavecchia. Both worked perfectly.

At the station on the day of travel make sure you validate your ticket in the box before getting on the train or there could be a 50 Euro fine.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Would you allow me to copy your information to my cruise web site? I've been collecting useful travel information to keep and to provide to those that would be interested.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi All. We are a couple from San Francisco joining this cruise - Tom & Al. We are not part of any group.

This will be our second cruise on Silhouette. We sailed a TA a year ago on Equinox with a similar itinerary (Genoa and Tenerife will be new for us). Probably arriving in Rome on 11/30, late afternoon/evening, and taking a train to port the following day; we've made that trip 3 times.

Another 45 days...

Hi Jay,

Would you allow me to copy your information to my cruise web site? I've been collecting useful travel information to keep and to provide to those that would be interested.

Thanks,

Monica

Monica,

Please feel free to copy my post. As of a few days ago it was still possible to buy the super economy tickets @ 9 Euros for second class travel which is very satisfactory on these reserved seat trains. Nobody should worry about finding their way to the port from the train station since there are quite a few people that have opted for the 12:10 train.

Jay

Monica,

Please feel free to copy my post. As of a few days ago it was still possible to buy the super economy tickets @ 9 Euros for second class travel which is very satisfactory on these reserved seat trains. Nobody should worry about finding their way to the port from the train station since there are quite a few people that have opted for the 12:10 train.

Jay

Thanks Jay. I added it as a word document in the Italy section of this page: http://mycruisetravels.shutterfly.com/portdocuments

Monica

Anyone planning/ scheduling an END OF ERA party for 12/12/12?

I figure we will be in the middle of the Atlantic and perfect timing for the END and/ or BEGINNING of an era (with or without the Mayans to assist...)

Anyone have some ideas for this?:D

ciao, babe! ---> Roberto

I have friends that are hoping to schedule their onboard wedding on 12-12-12.

Monica

Hi All. We are a couple from San Francisco joining this cruise - Tom & Al. We are not part of any group.

This will be our second cruise on Silhouette. We sailed a TA a year ago on Equinox with a similar itinerary (Genoa and Tenerife will be new for us). Probably arriving in Rome on 11/30, late afternoon/evening, and taking a train to port the following day; we've made that trip 3 times.

Another 45 days...

Welcome aboard Tom & Al!

Greetings. My husband and I just signed up for this cruise. I am sure this has been discussed but we would like to know of the excursions available other than by Celebrity.

Would like to sign up for connections. I am still new at this. We live in the Atlanta area.

Greetings. My husband and I just signed up for this cruise. I am sure this has been discussed but we would like to know of the excursions available other than by Celebrity.

Would like to sign up for connections. I am still new at this. We live in the Atlanta area.

Here's the link to sign up for the connections party: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do :)

Monica

YES...12/12/12...that date is BEGG'N for a PARTY

How about... REDemption Party..in the eve!

Everyone wear something RED - hat, shoes, dress, shirt, dress, pants, glasses...whatever! CREATIVE??...YES!!!!

I think we can get this ship Rock'n to RED

This year we don't have a Mardi Gras or Halloween onboard but 12/12/12 is RIPE for some onboard FUN!!!

Who is up for this as we enter the Bermuda Triangle...!

DSC05592.jpg.293b9b15a491d82efeb1e4453e8cb58e.jpg

DSC05748.jpg.ab507934a0855baf0d479d87dca3c228.jpg

Hi David, thanks for your nice message. Marilynn and I are looking forward to seeing you and Larry on the ship...most probably in the Martini Bar.:)

Hi Marilyn & Bill ... thanks for stopping by to say hello. Larry & I look forward to seeing you again. I know we have been on a TA or two with you in the past!

David

It's been a while since I checked in.... Welcome to the Newbies...

We now can use the words next month.... for our departure, and soon we can use those words this month....WOW...

Anyone flying out of Atlanta on the November 28th arriving in Rome at 7:55am on the 29th.

35 days to flights for cruise.....

Norman

Only used this site once before so not sure if I'm threading in the correct place, any other gay Brits on this cruise 1/12/2012 Silhouette me and my partner John are looking forward to meeting lots of new friend's been reading lots of threads on this site seems like sa great crowd:):)

Only used this site once before so not sure if I'm threading in the correct place, any other gay Brits on this cruise 1/12/2012 Silhouette me and my partner John are looking forward to meeting lots of new friend's been reading lots of threads on this site seems like sa great crowd:):)

Welcome Aboard.

My best guess-timate is there is quite a large gay population on this cruise, My best guess is around 125-150, so I would be surprised if not at least a few are from the UK if past cruises are any indication.

There is a massive thread for the entire cruise located here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1708776&page=122. It's hundreds of pages long, but does have a lot of good information

Also two of the fine folks who will be cruising with us set up some wonderful web pages with great information as well, you can see them here

Our Silhouette 2012 Cruise Pages:

Monica's Cruise page and Sherry's Cruise Page

Look forward to meeting you both:cool: