GREAT NEWS on FCC CERTIFICATES

Elaine515

I don't understand why it's such a big deal either. I booked last week and sent in the FCC the same day and 5 days later, the credit shows on my booking. Only thing I woulda saved is a 47 cent stamp, or whatever they are going for these days.

I sent mine certified mail with a return receipt which runs close to $6. Otherwise, you have no proof that you mailed it if it were to get lost in the mail or lost on someone's desk. Like I said, it's no biggie. I've spent and wasted $6 on far worse things. :)

I don't understand why it's such a big deal either. I booked last week and sent in the FCC the same day and 5 days later, the credit shows on my booking. Only thing I woulda saved is a 47 cent stamp, or whatever they are going for these days.

That's unusual that it was applied that quickly. I've had it take weeks! And of course, since you're supposed to send it certified, it actually required going to the post office rather than dropping it in the mail. Not a huge deal, but still kind of a pain. Online makes it so much easier (and 21st century :))

Never been on Carnival. What are FCC's and what is the benefit of buying them while onboard?

It's $100 down which is applied to your deposit on your next cruise. In return, you get OBC on that next cruise of up to $200 depending on the length of the cruise (a 7 day gets $100 OBC).

It's supposed to be redeemed before final payment, although I have read about some people redeeming them after final payment.

Iv read this before and someone said it was in the new terms. .. could you copy the terms where you see this?? ... as it would be a change, so people would like to know.

Iv read this before and someone said it was in the new terms. .. could you copy the terms where you see this?? ... as it would be a change, so people would like to know.

Copied verbatim from the back of my certificate that I just mailed in:

"Once booking is finalized and prior to final payment, detach the certificate below and present the certificate to the Travel Agent who made the booking or mail it via certified mail to:...."

I would scan it, but my certificate number is on it.

Hmm, so according to the back of the certificate the fcc must be applied before final payment is made.

So, does this mean that I cannot use it on a cruise booked after the final payment date when payment in full was required at the time of the booking?

Hmm, so according to the back of the certificate the fcc must be applied before final payment is made.

So, does this mean that I cannot use it on a cruise booked after the final payment date when payment in full was required at the time of the booking?

I would definitely try it because some people are reporting that they received the credit after final payment.

If you submit the FCC AFTER you made final payment, do they put a $100 credit back to your credit card + the OBC?

They offered me the choice either $100 refunded to my card or $100 extra OBC. I asked for the refund which didnt post so after my cruise I happened to check .. opps. My booking had been locked, so after the cruise my PVP had to get it refunded. .. I did book late.

Instant gratification?? ;);)

LOL

Seriously, it's less of a headache in that you don't have to think about/worry over the possibility that the darn thing never made it to where it was supposed to go.

The US postal service isn't all that great sometimes.....

The FCC's on NCL have been 'instant' as long as I have been using them. I call the TA, book the cruise, tell them I have an FCC, they put me on hold while they call NCL to verify and it takes 3 minutes....done.

When I sent my FCC with CCL for my next cruise, I mailed it, never heard by email, phone or letter that it was applied, so I had to call the TA and wait for her to check, which took a couple more days (different TA)

Obviously the former is easier than the latter.

That's unusual that it was applied that quickly. I've had it take weeks! And of course, since you're supposed to send it certified, it actually required going to the post office rather than dropping it in the mail. Not a huge deal, but still kind of a pain. Online makes it so much easier (and 21st century :))

I mailed mine certified on April 14th and it was credited today. Not bad at all! It was my first time using an FCC, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I'll definitely be doing this again!

All this talk of redeeming FCC's before and even after final payments has gotten me excited.

I bought an FCC on the Carnival Splendor in February, 2010 and wanted to use it for my Carnival Magic October, 2011 cruise which I booked in January, 2010. I was told by someone at Carnival that I couldn't submit an FCC it because you can't use it on pre-existing bookings. The back of the FCC says, "Certificate can only be applied to future reservations and cannot be used with a pre-existing booking."

Has anyone here been able to use an FCC in a situation like this? We just bought another FCC last week.

All this talk of redeeming FCC's before and even after final payments has gotten me excited.

I bought an FCC on the Carnival Splendor in February, 2010 and wanted to use it for my Carnival Magic October, 2011 cruise which I booked in January, 2010. I was told by someone at Carnival that I couldn't submit an FCC it because you can't use it on pre-existing bookings. The back of the FCC says, "Certificate can only be applied to future reservations and cannot be used with a pre-existing booking."

Has anyone here been able to use an FCC in a situation like this? We just bought another FCC last week.

We have used the FCC on a "pre-existing" booking.

Archived