GREAT NEWS on FCC CERTIFICATES

Elaine515

Sent mine in with the new online form last week and just checked the Carnival site and it showed that it had been applied and that I will have an on board credit. Took about 3 business days.

Well.................that just saved about $15.00 in registered mail charges.

Yahoo....:D.............well done Carnival. Glad to see that system in place.

Smooth sailing everyone!

Just thought I'd share my experience....

Late last night (4/21/11) I logged on to redeem FCC for our October cruise. Received email from Carnival at 12:43 a.m. today that they received my request. Then, got an email at 1:16 p.m. today that the request had been approved. Just checked "my billing" for the cruise - no decrease in final amount due or OBC yet (maybe because we haven't made final payment yet or the approval hasn't made it through all the software yet)

Update....

Got email that FCC for October cruise was accepted. Checked "My Billing", and our final payment due has been reduced by $100.

Not bad. Saved time having to go to the post office and whatever the charge is now for mailing by certified mail.

I got fed up after trying so many times last night that I finally picked up the phone and got this great guy on the phone who helped me... He put all the information in for me, did acknowledge that they knew there was a problem with some of the IP addresses we were using and that they were working on correcting the problem...

The good news... got a confirmation email within 5 minutes of getting off the phone with him and now we'll check our account to make sure the credit has been applied...

To me, much better than mailing anything :)

UPDATE...

Just checked my account and the $100 has been applied and deducted from my final payment !!!! OK, so I wasn't able to use the weblink but I didn't have to mail it either and its there... :)

Got the 'received' email on Tuesday, but no show of the $$ applied, or my OBC. ..

IAJF, if you booked your cruise online with Carnival, you should see it in the 'my billing'' section of your cruise info...it will be reflected in your 'payment applied' section, and then a separate section for the OBC.. If you booked with a TA, I would check with them.

When you use IE up next to the address bar ( after you put in the address) there is the refresh button and also one that looks like a paper broken in half , click on that (kinda looks like it was cut zig zag)

Thanks for your help...I am using IE but the only thing to the left of my address bar was the refresh and stop loading buttons...sooooo I went exploring and found the compatibility viewer under the "tools" tab and clicked that and my form just went thru...thanks again for suggesting the change..it certainly was the thing to do..

Emmy

Thanks for your help...I am using IE but the only thing to the left of my address bar was the refresh and stop loading buttons...sooooo I went exploring and found the compatibility viewer under the "tools" tab and clicked that and my form just went thru...thanks again for suggesting the change..it certainly was the thing to do..

Emmy

Emmy,

Thank you!! I've tried at least 30 times since last Friday to get this FCC info to go thru. I followed your instructions..and.....off it went!!icon7.gif

Ralph

Emmy,

Thank you!! I've tried at least 30 times since last Friday to get this FCC info to go thru. I followed your instructions..and.....off it went!!icon7.gif

Ralph

Fantastic..glad it helped..now I keep checking to see when the deposit OBC will be posted..Happy Sailing..

Emmy

My fingers are crossed, thanks to all the tips on this thread I got to the point that said an email has been sent to Carnival, thats further than I have gotten at any point for the last week, I kept getting the "error on page" message. Thanks to all that posted answers.

FYI-I had to hit the compatibility viewer on my windows explorer to be able to submit my cert. I suspect this is the problem most are having when entering. Good luck!

THANK YOU! That did the trick for me in IE.

FYI-I had to hit the compatibility viewer on my windows explorer to be able to submit my cert. I suspect this is the problem most are having when entering. Good luck!

As soon as I clicked on the compatibility viewer mine worked also! Warning though, click compatibility first because otherwise you have to re-enter all of your info!

WOOHOO got an email this morning that my $100 was applied to my balance and the other $100 was sitting in my account :D I checked and it sure was my balance now reads PAID IN FULL With our dollar strong right now I decided to pay my cruise off all except the $100.

Also I had two FCC here one we bought a year ago Feb. on our first Miracle sailing and another last Feb on the Miracle. The first is good until 2015 the second was only good until 2013. So I wanted to use the newer one, I didnt know if it would go through because we booked the cruise before buying the certificate we used , and it did :D now i still have the first one i bought that doesnt expire untill 2015.

My brower is Firefox. I've been trying to use the website to put the information so I get credit for fcc, but every time I hit the submit button nothing would happen. Today I called Carnival (1800-845-2599). The gentlemen I talked to was great. He took all my information and he was able to get everything in the system for me. Just thought I would forward this to all of you who are having problems. Good luck!

My brower is Firefox. I've been trying to use the website to put the information so I get credit for fcc, but every time I hit the submit button nothing would happen. Today I called Carnival (1800-845-2599). The gentlemen I talked to was great. He took all my information and he was able to get everything in the system for me. Just thought I would forward this to all of you who are having problems. Good luck!

I tried with Firefox with no luck as well..which is why I went to IE and used that 'compatibility view' thingie..

Thanks for posting the #!!

Archived