Paradise Beach

buglver066

In September we are going on the Liberty and one of the stops is Cozumel. I have been there three times and I have been to Playa Mia each time. This time we are looking for the cheapest options in each port and while Playa Mia is a decently cheap option I read yesterday that Paradise Beach was free to get into. We are going to have two 3 (almost 4) year olds and one 1 (almost 2) year old with us and a bunch of adults. Can someone who has been to Paradise Beach tell me what your thoughts are on it with little kids :rolleyes:? Also, is it close at all to Carlos and Charlies? Thanks!!!!!

While you are waiting for a more recent visitor to answer I will say this: Paradise recently upgraded their facilities and now charges $2.00 per person (not sure about kids) for a lounger. They added a great pool and more (http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/beach.php?lyt_v=0&lyt_ss=0&lyt_bh=0&menu=0&lyt_pics=0&picnu=0&lyt_bh_1=0&ln=en&sec=beach.php#)

They charge $12 PP to have unlimited use of the water toys which include a water iceberg and trampoline etc.

We were last there in in August 2010 and they had not yet finished the new pool but it looked great.

The only complaint we have (and we have been there almost a dozen times) about Paradise is that there is sometimes plant debris in the water. Of course if that is the case there, it might be the same for a number of the other beaches as they are all quite close. I think it may be related to recent storms that may have blown through.

We have always been pleased with the friendly service there. Carlos and Charlies Beach Club is just a very short walk down the beach. This should not be confused with the Carlos and Charlies that is on the downtown shopping strip. This one appears to be a small restaurant/beach club. We stopped in to check it out last August and it looked like most beach bars. Here is an interactive map, click on the umbrellas for more information about each beach venue: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html.

I was there friday and the pool is great. Was there with 2,12, and 18 year old and they love it. It is 2.00 per chair rental and they give you a wrist band. If you wanna use the water toys it is 12.00 per person. The food was good, not great. Big portions though. It cost my family of 5 around 50-60 for the day and it was worth it. I spent 60.00 at Royal Palms in Grand Cayman for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas alone..what a ripoff but with a 2 year old shade was important for us.

Highly recommemd going. its also 19.00 for a taxi from the Puerta Maya pier.

I was just there on Friday too. I was a little disappointed. It was so packed it was a mad house! The food was just ok. The service wasn't great--they tried, but with so many people it took forever to get food. I also waited 20 minutes at the end of the day to get my check. I thought I had read that they have showers--but I didn't realize they were outside right next to the pool area.

I also didn't realize that the beach would be so rocky. That pretty much ruled out the beach for my five year old. Also seeing the water toys, but not being able to use them (they were in deep water) was a pain to explain to a child. Thank god for the pool. My son spent most of the day there. There was quite a large shallow lip in the pool for him to play in.

We were there on 4/18 and it wasn't all that crowded. We got 2 chairs and just got the wristband for our DD. It took me about 30 minutes to get a drink and then when it arrived it was melted so I sent it back. It wasn't all that busy so not sure why the service was so slow. There was a loud obnoxious group behind us which didn't do much for our experience. We walked down to Carlos 'n Charlies for lunch and a drink and then went back for about an hour in the pool. Luckily our DD met up with some other kids from the ship and enjoyed the water toys. Probably wouldn't have been much fun by herself.

After reading so much about Paradise Beach, I have to say I was a bit disappointed but the pool was absolutely beautiful!

Can anyone tell me if they have life jackets for children at Paradise Beach? I have wavered so much about going there. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I had hoped that we could still use the water toys if we just went with them and helped them climb up. Since it is in deeper water, we would need life jackets. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Yes, the do have a $10 per person food and Beverage requirement but they do not enforce it. We were there at the end of March. The water on the beach was very murky and as the previous poster said the water toys are out pretty deep. My kids are 11, 8, and 7--and they were just much happier in the pool! The pool is wonderful and definately worth the $2 for a lounge chair. We made the mistake of buying wristbands for the kids, as soon as we got there and found we wasted our $. Since they had a hard time getting to the toys (even with lifejackets)--they only went down one slide 2x's and they were done and off to the pool! The wait staff is slow and it's hard to track them down. Food is good, but not great. We ordered a ton of food and the kids would have been happy with just fries! LOL. It also took a long time for our check to arrive. Overall--the kids had fun, so that's all that matters.

I have been to PB twice and must have picked the right time. It was not crowded at all and the service was great. The best Ceviche i have ever had. Also ordered Guacamole with chips. Both Carnival and Royal Caribbean passengers were there and all got along great. The beach was clean and the water very clear.

There was no charge for chairs....yet. We knew before going that all they expected was for us to eat and drink there, which of course, was no problem at all...:rolleyes:...love it there!

Does anyone have any recent photos of the beach? My kids love playing in the water just where it comes up on the beach. I'm concerned if there are lots of rocks that it won't be very condusive to playing and running around.

can anyone please tell me if tom still works at paradise. we havent been there ina few years, and i'd love to get in touch with him and chat for a few. we will be heading back there for xmas. looking forward to hearing from someone that might know where he is.

can anyone please tell me if tom still works at paradise. we havent been there ina few years, and i'd love to get in touch with him and chat for a few. we will be heading back there for xmas. looking forward to hearing from someone that might know where he is.

Tom and Paradise Beach parted ways in October. He is now concentrating on the bar bus tour.

Can anyone tell me if they have life jackets for children at Paradise Beach? I have wavered so much about going there. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I had hoped that we could still use the water toys if we just went with them and helped them climb up. Since it is in deeper water, we would need life jackets. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Yes they do have life jackets and they are free if you leave your id with them.

In September we are going on the Liberty and one of the stops is Cozumel. I have been there three times and I have been to Playa Mia each time. This time we are looking for the cheapest options in each port and while Playa Mia is a decently cheap option I read yesterday that Paradise Beach was free to get into. We are going to have two 3 (almost 4) year olds and one 1 (almost 2) year old with us and a bunch of adults. Can someone who has been to Paradise Beach tell me what your thoughts are on it with little kids :rolleyes:? Also, is it close at all to Carlos and Charlies? Thanks!!!!!

we went there last year (paradise)and it was ok (i would go back) but like people say there is bebris in the water and i made my son (10) wear a life jacket cuz the water was stirred up because of the wave runners next door turning the water up. it was very busy. i liked the food and drink haha. price wise it was a good bang for your buck. this year we are going to nachi cocom ($49 adult, $17 kids, kids under 4 free) at nochi food and drink are included. we considered playa meya but there prices have gone through the roof and there always packed.

if i was you i would check out nachi cocom, paradise beach and maya meya are usually packed. playa meya is all exclusive but your going to pay a lot more to go there. paradise beach same thing.

nachi cocom you'll pay $98 (2 adults)because all your kids are under 4(free). and it wont be packed because they only allow 100 guests per day.

check out this thread for info

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1411853

website

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/

BTW i don't work for them just figured i would fill you in

Here is an interactive map, click on the umbrellas for more information about each beach venue: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html.

Thank you so much for this map! :D

Does anyone know if it is crowded here in mid September when the kids go back to school? We are traveling with a 3 1/2 yr old and would really rather not go to someplace that is going to be so over crowded and lined with chairs up and down the beach. The pool looks nice though.

Archived