A little help here...

jessica_33

So I've read enough to know I want to purchase travel insurance but not through my cruise line (princess) or expedia (where we'll book our flight & hotel). But now I'm more confused than ever. What travel insurance companies have you guys used? When I google travel insurance I'm bombarded with sooooo many choices! I just want some names/websites that people here have used. You guys have helped me so much already (my 1st cruise is this Nov) that I figured why not ask the pros! Thanks in advance :D

you go to http://www.insuremytrip.com

and compare side by side what you want, what you don't want and decide from there.

Personally, we always use Travelgard. Are they the bestest and greatest and cheapest? :confused: I don't know...

Al I know is that we've always been happy with the service and with the turn around time when we've made a claim.

I work at the insurance industry, whatever insurance carrier you choose, please make sure that they are listed on financials as B+ or better, so they'll be more likely to pay up claims without too many problems. Check the website AM Best and see their financials.

Try your own insurance company - the one that insures your home and/or cars. We are former military & we buy our travel insurance through our insurance company (USAA) & always pay less than anything else we've ever seen. Also, I think AMEX sells trip insurance that can top off what they already offer.

Judy

Try your own insurance company - the one that insures your home and/or cars. We are former military & we buy our travel insurance through our insurance company (USAA) & always pay less than anything else we've ever seen. Also, I think AMEX sells trip insurance that can top off what they already offer.

Judy

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea USAA handled travel insurance and when I went on there was pleasantly surprised to see it has the same coverages and it's 30 cheaper! WOW

Got some for our cruise in March we just purchased.

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea USAA handled travel insurance and when I went on there was pleasantly surprised to see it has the same coverages and it's 30 cheaper! WOW

Got some for our cruise in March we just purchased.

I'm so glad you let me know that my tip was helpful. That makes me feel good! :) I love to save money for myself & also love to save money for others! :D Now you can pass this tip on to your friends.

Judy

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to get travel insurance through my medicare supplement insurance plan? Or do I have to deal with yet another agent?

You should call them (medicare supplement insurance company)and ask.

Also, as mentioned before, call your homeowner and/or car insurance company. Ask them if they provide travel insurance.

We do our home and cars through USAA (military insurance) and we get our cruise insurance through them and it is cheaper than the cruise insurance companies.

Hope this helps.

Judy

• 2 months later...
You should call them (medicare supplement insurance company)and ask.

Also, as mentioned before, call your homeowner and/or car insurance company. Ask them if they provide travel insurance.

We do our home and cars through USAA (military insurance) and we get our cruise insurance through them and it is cheaper than the cruise insurance companies.

Hope this helps.

Judy

It turns out that they do not provide this coverage so I will be looking for another insurance company for coverage. Thanks!

you go to www.insuremytrip.com

and compare side by side what you want, what you don't want and decide from there.

Personally, we always use Travelgard. Are they the bestest and greatest and cheapest? :confused: I don't know...

Al I know is that we've always been happy with the service and with the turn around time when we've made a claim.

Thats where I went for my insurance also. My mother and I were on the phone at the same time and the representative was very helpful and answered all questions.

There are several plans on insuremytrip.com that cover pre-existing conditions if purchased w/in a specific time frame (usually 14-21 days from deposit). They have a "compare" feature that you can use that compares medical evac coverage (necesity IMHO), baggage delay, preexisting condition coverage etc. etc.. Lots of good companies to choose from...

Archived