Who's up for a laugh..

lovetocruise79

Well we are down to 8 days till the start of our vacation and today I decided to print out our luggage tags and laminate them, now this is my first time using a laminator (is that the right word?) anyway, the first time I make them I take 2 of the luggage tags pages and turn them back to back stick them inside the laminating page and run it through (oh about 10 times because I didn't know the little green smiley face had to be lit up). Next I need to cut them in half (again they are back to back so it technically makes 2 luggage tags) yeah that didn't work there's now a gap where I cut into the actual paper. :confused:

So I try it again folding the tags (the correct way) and now I have 2 tags in the 1 laminating sheet but with a little room in between the two so I cut them apart...Yep that worked and then I punched a hole in the top and now all I need are some zip ties and I am good to go :D

Well we are down to 8 days till the start of our vacation and today I decided to print out our luggage tags and laminate them, now this is my first time using a laminator (is that the right word?) anyway, the first time I make them I take 2 of the luggage tags pages and turn them back to back stick them inside the laminating page and run it through (oh about 10 times because I didn't know the little green smiley face had to be lit up). Next I need to cut them in half (again they are back to back so it technically makes 2 luggage tags) yeah that didn't work there's now a gap where I cut into the actual paper. :confused:

So I try it again folding the tags (the correct way) and now I have 2 tags in the 1 laminating sheet but with a little room in between the two so I cut them apart...Yep that worked and then I punched a hole in the top and now all I need are some zip ties and I am good to go :D

If you would have printed out and laminated another one like you did the first, you would have had the largest luggage tags on the ship. No problem finding YOUR bags...lol. I'm glad someone else does things like that besides me,

Melanie

I think Ill stick to packing clear tape. Yikes. I sometimes think Im technically challenged.

I'm with Fire never had a problem with clear packing tape and it's less time! :) But hey each to his own.............

Duh!!! I was wondering how to protect the paper in case we encounter rain in Seattle. Never thought of packing tape!! (This is why I love these boards!!)

If you would have printed out and laminated another one like you did the first, you would have had the largest luggage tags on the ship. No problem finding YOUR bags...lol. I'm glad someone else does things like that besides me,

Melanie

I didn't even think of making it like that, it would have been hilarious! It would have been a great joke to do to my friend, I could have tied them to her bags before we leave the hotel in San Juan to board the ship lol!

I thought of the packing tape and was going to do that but was board and we have the lamination machine at work so you know great minds and all that!

Duh!!! I was wondering how to protect the paper in case we encounter rain in Seattle. Never thought of packing tape!! (This is why I love these boards!!)

Using clear contact paper could also result in huge, can be seen across the terminal, luggage tags.

After using the packing tape lamination method for our past few cruises, I finally realized they sell plastic holders for cruise tags! Fold the paper and stick it in...reusable and sturdy. Just ordered them for my May cruise. There are a number of places to get them...the cheapest I found were on favors by serendipity dot com. Click on Cruise Accessories.:)

Enjoy the Legend! Our favorite (tied with Miracle;))!

I use packing tape as the laminate, and to attach them to the handle. No punching holes, tying strings, zip ties. Not because I'm technically challanged...its just cheap, quick, and easy.

Cheap? I print them out and staple them to the handle...no lamination, no packing, no struggle, no problems on three cruises. ('Course, I drive to the port, not fly...) Rusty-girl and I have never been scratched by the staples, and most of the porters and stevedores are wearing gloves.

Cheap? I print them out and staple them to the handle...no lamination, no packing, no struggle, no problems on three cruises. ('Course, I drive to the port, not fly...) Rusty-girl and I have never been scratched by the staples, and most of the porters and stevedores are wearing gloves.

Ok...I'll be honest...sometimes I do it that way too. Just depends on how ambitious I feel at the time! ;)

Those of you who can drive to the ports are fortunate. Some of us always have to fly..........:(

Those of you who can drive to the ports are fortunate. Some of us always have to fly..........:(

You can still put the packing tape around the tags and punch a hole in them at home. When you get to the port, take a zip tie, string or rubber band & attach the tag to the luggage.

Another vote for packing tape.

Archived