how far inadvance for a visa

thrusday

one more question how far inadvance should we apply for our visas for austrilla, we cruise decemeber 5 2011 . fly in the day of the cruise i just want to make sure all bases are covered, thanks in advance for the answers

I applied for mine on line. The requirements for that are that you must apply before you arrive in Australia. I don't know if there is a maximum amount of time in advance, however.

It was a very simple process: Apply; give credit card number; receive acceptance notice; done. It cost about $20 American at the time I applied

thank you both , i did get them done last night but i wished it was only 20 bucks it was a total of 79 for both hubbys and mine but well worth it, its done and so now its time to relax one thing more to complete is the flight down to los angles which is going to be later as we will fly southwest down , its only a hour flight so no big deal , thanks again for the information

Too bad you didn't check with your TA first. Ours was able to do these for us at no charge. I like free. :D

You're lucky your TA did it for you, especially for free. Not all TA's will do it and those who will,often add the visa cost to their bill.

Too bad you didn't check with your TA first. Ours was able to do these for us at no charge. I like free. :D

as my travel agent said they tack it on where you dont know about it , she said with the exchange rates and the stuff that is a normal price for two visas one for hubby and one for my self , and i rather have her send me on board gifts then to have her spend that money on a visa for me thanks i got it done i budgeted in 65 for the visa since the web site said that it was 35 each person with us dollars not worth much im ok with it at least i got it done , again appericate the advice and all

I do several a month. This is something I add to the PNR with flights in the computer and is FREE. Very sad other TA's charge for this (could be because all they do is leisure travel, as I only handle corporate travel and part of our services. It only takes about 5 minutes or less can be done when flights are booked up to day before departure when adding to flights. (now these I do are US passport holders, so could be different for other passport holders)

What can I say? We have a great TA who has the ability to do this free on their computer system, as trvldog collaborates. There was NO way to "tack it on where you dont know about it". A number of others on our recent cruise also received this free from their TAs. I guess this is just another perk of using a TA who is part of a large consortium and knows their business.

Archived