Online system not recognizing a previous Carnival guest?

nessz79

I'm trying to help my in-laws do their registration for their upcoming cruise with us. For some reason it didn't recognize my MIL as a past guest even though we sailed with her and it recognized everyone else. I called Carnival and they said it would be fixed and to try again 24 hours later. I waited a few days and tried again but it still didn't recognize her as a past guest.

Can I just say she's *not* a past guest and then when we get there fix it? If so, what should we bring? FIL still has her previous S&S card. Will that do?

Thank you in advance!

Why do you need her to be a past guest right now? If she is in the same cabin as a Past Guest, they all get the same rate. If her name is not exactly the same as the last sailing, it won't find her. Just make your booking over the phone.

We have problems every time with my husbands past guest number... our PVP figured it out finally, his name is listed with the III after his name, and we weren't putting it in the computer that way. Anyway, it could be something silly like that, so just call them and they will find it!

We have problems every time with my husbands past guest number... our PVP figured it out finally, his name is listed with the III after his name, and we weren't putting it in the computer that way. Anyway, it could be something silly like that, so just call them and they will find it!

This same exact thing happened to us. Just call Carnival, and they should be able to fix it.

This often happens if you change email addresses...

If you continue to have problems the contact number for Carnival Technical Support is 800-845-2599...

:)

It was a change of email that got me - even though my TA had my number and gave it to me, they system wouldn't recognize the number saying it applied to someone else. The someone else was me with my old email address. I got a great carnival tech guy who fixed it for me!

We had a strange past guest # problem too. SO has an Irish name with a Mc in it and they put a space between his name on the first cruise we took, so it was Mc Something instead of McSomething. Took two phone calls to figure out what was wrong with that one! Anyway the point is, make sure that they input her name correctly on the cruises she's been on before.

It could be a number of things... happened to our daughter who was a past guest, but when the latest booking was entered, they transposed numbers in her birthday, so the system didn't recognize her as past guest. Keep calling until they fix whatever the problem is.

If she has a S& S card that will have the number on it. Just call Carnival with that number and all of her correct information. They will pull up the number and can tell you what is wrong. My DS's wasn't being recognized - they had his birthdate off by a day. Simple fix within 24 hrs.

If she has a S& S card that will have the number on it. Just call Carnival with that number and all of her correct information. They will pull up the number and can tell you what is wrong. My DS's wasn't being recognized - they had his birthdate off by a day. Simple fix within 24 hrs.

First time blue cards do NOT have the past guest number on them ,because passenger is not yet a past guest. All subsequent cards do. EM

We had a strange past guest # problem too. SO has an Irish name with a Mc in it and they put a space between his name on the first cruise we took, so it was Mc Something instead of McSomething. Took two phone calls to figure out what was wrong with that one! Anyway the point is, make sure that they input her name correctly on the cruises she's been on before.

Funny. This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. My last name is O'Brien and I have had the same trouble, not just with Carnival, but throughout my life. But exactly what you said happenned to me. First cruise and they spelled it O Brien. They couldn't find me in their system on the next cruise with or without the apostrophe because they had put a space in there. Took weeks to straighten it out.

Thanks everyone! Turns out they spelled her name with a 0 (#) instead of an O. They said they fixed it but it appears I need to call again. Last time I just called the 800 # that the online system gave me, but this time I'll just go straight to the PVP.

We definitely would like to go to the past guest party if we want! Not to mention that it's not nearly as satisfying getting a blue card upon embarkation when you know you're a past guest.

Archived