Automated way to be alerted about price drops?

mikeerdas

I now have an Early Saver booking with "price protection" that I made directly through Carnival. Is there any way I can set up alerts to notify me of price drops for my cabin class? Hoping there's a good way to do this short of manually navigating to Carnival.com every day and finding my sailing / cabin class.

What do you all do to find price drops?

Is there any way I can set up alerts to notify me of price drops for my cabin class?
No.
Check this multiple times a day:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Then submit the form here:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Sadly, you must do all the legwork. If it was automated, Carnival would lose more money and the ES rates would probably stop. I think they bank on most folks forgetting about it or assuming Carnival will tell them when prices drop.

I actually find it kind of fun and adventurous to check the booking engine frequently. Kinda like going on a treasure hunt. Obviously, I don't get out much.:rolleyes:

I find it easier to use an online booking agent to check the prices instead of Carnival. They tend to show all categories and up to 10 cabins that are available. Once you find the price/cabin you can contact Carnival...

Sure Wish Carnival would go back to their old system, it was much easier to use.

There are several places that do alerts. CC has blocked the one they said because he put something on his site for donations for the free program.

Before you duplicate the other programs already out there for free, I would check around.

I know of two, though I quit using them personally because i like to look at all the categories, not just mine.

I find it easier to use an online booking agent to check the prices instead of Carnival. They tend to show all categories and up to 10 cabins that are available. Once you find the price/cabin you can contact Carnival...

Sure Wish Carnival would go back to their old system, it was much easier to use.

I tried to see where doing it this way was easier/better.

the fareview also allows you to see the categories too-

I tried to see where doing it this way was easier/better.

the fareview also allows you to see the categories too-

I guess we are looking at different things because when I used the fareviewer it only shows one cat at a time, then you have to check the next cat... I like seeing each cat price on the same page at the same time like I can do with the online booking agents.. not just one at a time like I see on Carnivals site. I may be using it wrong? So for now I will do what I know is easier for me. :)

I guess we are looking at different things because when I used the fareviewer it only shows one cat at a time, then you have to check the next cat... I like seeing each cat price on the same page at the same time like I can do with the online booking agents.. not just one at a time like I see on Carnivals site. I may be using it wrong? So for now I will do what I know is easier for me. :)

so the fare view is different for everyone?

do you not see this screen when looking at prices?

Category: Balcony Category Total Cabin Amount

Cruise Only 9B $1638.00 8K $1458.00 7A $1158.00 8N $1498.00 8M $1478.00 8J $1438.00 8F $1398.00 8E $1378.00 8D $1358.00 8C $1338.00 8B $1308.00 8A $1258.00

so the fare view is different for everyone?

do you not see this screen when looking at prices?

Category: Balcony Category Total Cabin Amount

Cruise Only 9B $1638.00 8K $1458.00 7A $1158.00 8N $1498.00 8M $1478.00 8J $1438.00 8F $1398.00 8E $1378.00 8D $1358.00 8C $1338.00 8B $1308.00 8A $1258.00

I just stated what I prefer, we dont need to do this do we?

When I look for a cruise I like to see all cats at time because I sometimes book more than 2 cabins.. That means 1A, Inside, OV, & Balcony... on the fareviewer it shows only one at at time be it Inside, OV or Balcony,,,

Its just what "I" prefer, doesnt mean you have to agree... :)

Have a great Easter....

I think you are refering to it showing one rate at a time. (Past guest, Early Saver, Fun Select). Once you choose that rate, then it should show you all the room categories available for type of room you selected (Interior, OV, Balcony, Suite).

edit: Oops, just saw your post above. I see what you're saying. But on here, when folks say "categories" it's assumed you are talking room cats (9B, 9A, 8K, etc...) So don't get upset. It was just something that was lost in translation.

When I look for a cruise I like to see all cats at time because I sometimes book more than 2 cabins.. That means 1A, Inside, OV, & Balcony... on the fareviewer it shows only one at at time be it Inside, OV or Balcony,,,

Have a great Easter....

not really we do not--BUT from what you were saying I thought we were getting different information. I wasnt trying to change your mind to use something else- was only curious to what you were seeing on your fare viewer

Have a great Easter....

Wow, all she did was ask a question. You didn't post what you meant initially, so most of us were confused by what you meant by one category. Don't get worked up so easily, lol.

I was going to try to help you, but the site I have that checks for prices only checks for the "category" I have booked. It doesn't check everything available and basically that's what you are looking for. I guess you might have to do your own work!!!!!:)

I now have an Early Saver booking with "price protection" that I made directly through Carnival. Is there any way I can set up alerts to notify me of price drops for my cabin class? Hoping there's a good way to do this short of manually navigating to Carnival.com every day and finding my sailing / cabin class.

Unless you can write your won script there is really no way to automate the process. Carnival does not want to make it an easy process because for every price drop they process they lose money.

Someone on here gave this link.

It's quick & easy.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

I just used the fare viewer but there's something amiss. Using this, it's giving me a quote of ES $656/pp, which is what the rate has been all week.

I manually did it the regular way starting at their main page and it's giving me a new ES price of $839/pp

Obviously, prices just jumped as i've been getting $656 all week. But the FareViewer isn't reflecting the new jump in price. I have to wonder how updated and accurate it really is?

I just used the fare viewer but there's something amiss. Using this, it's giving me a quote of ES $656/pp, which is what the rate has been all week.

I manually did it the regular way starting at their main page and it's giving me a new ES price of $839/pp

Obviously, prices just jumped as i've been getting $656 all week. But the FareViewer isn't reflecting the new jump in price. I have to wonder how updated and accurate it really is?

A while back on another thread Mach said that rates are "updated" every 3 hours. But what you described does sound odd.......

A while back on another thread Mach said that rates are "updated" every 3 hours. But what you described does sound odd.......

Maybe i just caught it right when it changed. I've been looking at the prices all week and they've consistantly been $656. This is the first time i used the fareviewer and it's giving me $656. But doing it from scratch, the prices are up. Heck, all of April 2012's sailings just jumped up nearly $200. I'm hoping they don't keep going up as I haven't booked it yet. Won't be booking til July when me, my husband and my sister can all make the final decisions and book together when she comes to visit us.

blech, this price jump is not what i wanted to see. I wonder if it's just cause the Magic is just about to set sail, that the prices went up.

Maybe i just caught it right when it changed. I've been looking at the prices all week and they've consistantly been $656. This is the first time i used the fareviewer and it's giving me $656. But doing it from scratch, the prices are up. Heck, all of April 2012's sailings just jumped up nearly $200. I'm hoping they don't keep going up as I haven't booked it yet. Won't be booking til July when me, my husband and my sister can all make the final decisions and book together when she comes to visit us.

blech, this price jump is not what i wanted to see. I wonder if it's just cause the Magic is just about to set sail, that the prices went up.

Make sure you are matching cruise fare only. The fareviewer prices does not include gov't fees/taxes/tips.

OK, i think i have found out MY mistake. When i put in the booking from scratch, i entered TWO passengers and got back the $839/pp price. So i changed it to THREE passengers and I got back the $656/pp price.

*whew* crisis averted.

I just used the fare checker link. If I don't see my cabin class (8N) showing for the sailing date, does that mean that it is sold out and there won't be any fare reductions?

Sorry if this should be obvious...

Archived