Past Guest Party

cuteflyygirl

We have enjoyed these. Yes, the waiter will bring you a request... but be patient, it may take a while!

Catrin

In order to get a glas of pop I routinely have to ask at least 4 if not 5 or 6 members of the bar staff. I have also had numerous times when even with asking 6 member of the bar staff for a pop I receieved nothng. Even when I am able to get a pop I have never been able to get a second one.

was this on a recent cruise?

On the Pride in February we were only allowed what was on the tray- and could not have another until we turned in our "other" glass.

(drinks were terribly watered down- I had 4 and am not a drinker.) (they were also warm- will be the last past quest party we will attend

Two and a half weeks ago on Carnival Splendor.

Here is what the invitation looks like. It will be delivered to your room. Ours were sitting out on our bed during the first day at sea. Our cruise departed on Sat. June 5th so the party was on that Monday

Cruise2010076.jpg

Here is a picture of the finger foods they were handing out.

Cruise2010157.jpg

And a pic of the drinks they were serving. We didnt ask for anything other than what they had because we love blue margaritas! And whatever that pink colored drink thingy was.

Cruise2010164.jpg

Here is what the invitation looks like. It will be delivered to your room. Ours were sitting out on our bed during the first day at sea. Our cruise departed on Sat. June 5th so the party was on that Monday

Cruise2010076.jpg

Cruise2010157.jpg

And a pic of the drinks they were serving. We didnt ask for anything other than what they had because we love blue margaritas! And whatever that pink colored drink thingy was.

Cruise2010164.jpg

I loved whatever the pink thing was! lol

Do they check you in with a list or anything? I am the only one in my party who will be a past guest and am hoping to slip my boyfriend in with me.....possibility?

They take your invitation at the door. I wouldn't try it, I saw people getting turned away.

Cruise2010076.jpg

Cruise2010157.jpg

Cruise2010164.jpg

Thanks for the pics! What is the pink drink...looks tasty:p

As long as your cruise is 5 days or longer there will be a past guest party. We recieved our invites in our room the night before the party. I think the dress code was cruise casual, or something like that. However, we never eat in the MDR and do not bring dressy clothes with us, so we went it shorts and t-shirts and we were just fine.

On the Glory two weeks ago they had rum punch and fruit punch (no alcohol). They were distinguished by the top of the wrapper was still on the straw on the nonalcoholic fruit punch.

We were told we could not order anything besides what was on the trays. We probably should have asked our "regular" bar waiter, he may have said something different.

I was the only one in my party who was a past guest and was all set to go by myself. My friends decided to try, even though I warned them they probably couldn't get in. When they saw people handing their invitations they backed away. The fun crew at the door asked if they were coming in and they said no, they didn't have an invitation. I flashed a big smile and sweetly said, "They're my guests", and they were waved right in :D

Note we DID get carded- if you are young or look young make sure you bring your ID! They refused to wait on one of my friends because she didn't have hers (I ordered one and slipped it to her- I know she's over 21).

Try to sit on an aisle, more waiters will come your way that way. I did manage to get 5 drinks (one at a time), plus the one I slipped to my friend, in the hour or so I was there.

I was on a welcome back party on a different cruise line once where one of the people talking asked, how many people here are on their first cruise. I was surprised at how many people raised their hand, he joked that they shouldn't be there. Who would be fool enough to raise their hand knowing that they are at a past guest event?

Yes...I think you'll manage to sneak in a single guest just be sure to have your invitation on hand. But I wouldn't try bringing in 5. If you tip the waiter/waitress rather well they seem to come by your table with quite a few drinks. We left quite "lubricated"...but we didn't drive home...:D

Lots of snacks too.

• 3 weeks later...
I went on a Carnival cruise once and am planning the second one. Is there a way I have to register so that Carnival can recognize me as a past guest? Simple question but for a newbie to Carnival....

When you do your Fun Pass check-in you will be asked if you were a past guest. I saved my old Fun Pass cards and wrote down our old guest numbers on my travel docs for reference.

Our last past guest party was on the Triumph and it was on one of the port days starting at 6:30 I believe. It was so crowded that we only got served one drink. Our PG parties on the Fantasy and the ELation have been much more enjoyable and I'm looking forward to my next one in a couple of weeks on the ELation. Free drinks, here I come :D

I just got off the Splendor. They had two past guest parties. I never got an invitation in my cabin so went to guest services. They asked me which time I wanted and gave me an invite for the time I requested.

We had a large group from CC and I didn't pay too much attention as to what was happening on stage. The drinks game fast and furious. I lost count at 12 Blue Marguritas ( sp? ). They kept coming 3 and 4 at a time.

Do you have to book via a past guest rate, in order to get an invite? Or can you book the ES rate (or other rater) and still get an invite?

If you are a past guest, you will get an invitation no matter what rate you booked under.

Archived