I have an unusual question...

PintoLvr

I really don't know where to ask this, so thought I would ask the best source, Cruise Critic Oceania's passengers. Oceania could not answer, so here goes.

Does anyone remember if any of these cabins in the B1 veranda cabin category have the bathroom on the right as you enter the stateroom? 6056, 6057, 6059, or 6060 I need to make a decision and for the last 5 cruises on either the Regatta or Nautica, we've always had the bathroom on the left. I just want something a wee bit different.

Thank you for any guidance you can give me!!

Lani

I really don't know where to ask this, so thought I would ask the best source, Cruise Critic Oceania's passengers. Oceania could not answer, so here goes.

Does anyone remember if any of these cabins in the B1 veranda cabin category have the bathroom on the right as you enter the stateroom? 6056, 6057, 6059, or 6060 I need to make a decision and for the last 5 cruises on either the Regatta or Nautica, we've always had the bathroom on the left. I just want something a wee bit different.

Thank you for any guidance you can give me!!

Lani

Look on deck plan!

The original poster was asking for deck 6, and you gave him the deck 3 plan? And by the way, on which deck are those M cabins? They look irregular and I don't remember seeing those on the Oceania website.

Tough question. If you can get a reference from any nearby cabin, you might be ab le to "infer" which is which. For example, they generally alternate. I found a photo of 6064, which shows the bed on the left, which indicates the bath is also on the left. From this, I make an educated guess that 6062 is on the right, and 6060 (one of your queries) is on the left -- which is what you would like to avoid.

However, I found no guest's photos from the "odd" side of deck 6, so I can't guess which is which on that side. Also, deck 6 is broken up by the Category "E"cabins, and there is no indication that if you found the "right"bath in the forward half of the ship, that the alternating sequence is the same, or starts over, in the aft half.

Your best bet is if some reader happens to have a photo of a cabin near the ones you are questioning (6057, 6059 or 6065) and you can guess from that. One thing of which I'm fairly certain, is that between 6057 and 6059, one of them is "right", but I can't guess which one.

Even after all the research, you might find once you board that all the guesses were all wet...

Thank you JimandStan, Meow!, and Hondorner! I appreciate you trying to help. I am hoping that someone might read my question and know because they have been in one of those cabins. It is certainly not the end of the world if we get our "usual" left side cabin as we are so grateful to be able to be on a cruise to begin with. I like your logic Hondorner.

Just walk in the room backwards

Then what's left is right

What's right is left

Then you won't be bereft

Then circle to and fro

And out the window you will go

is it the balcony that awaits?

Or into the sea will be your fates?

Hondorner is correct with saying that cabin 6062 has the bathroom on the right. We were in that cabin on Nautica 2009 for our cruise Hong Kong to Athens, and will be in the same cabin in November this year when we sail Dubai to Cape Town.

Cheers Judy

Just walk in the room backwards

Then what's left is right

What's right is left

Then you won't be bereft

Then circle to and fro

And out the window you will go

is it the balcony that awaits?

Or into the sea will be your fates?

A poem, thank you. I booked 6057, so I'll (can't hardly) wait and see. Have a little less than a year until we go.

Thanks to all of you!

A poem, thank you. I booked 6057, so I'll (can't hardly) wait and see. Have a little less than a year until we go.

Thanks to all of you!

It looks like you lucked out by choosing 6057. Here's a photo of 6055 on the Journey. 6055 on the Quest should be identical.

2229161320101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

6055 has the bathroom on the left as you enter, so 6057 should have the bathroom on the right. Enjoy your cruise.

Dave

If anyone cruising on Azamara comes to the O board looking for info any cabins on the Journey and Quest they will be in luck.

Oops, wrong ships. I guess time will tell how identical the R ships are on Deck 6. Was the implicit sarcasm in your reply really necessary?

Dave

Dave, deck 6 on Azamara and Oceania appear to be identical, down to the same cabin numbers. It was deck 8 that was different on Azamara's ships -- they originally did not have any suites, with deck 8 being similar to deck 7. Az rebuilt half of deck 8 into suites similar to penthouse suites on O.

Nice to hear from ClaudiaF. Well, let me try.

The five earlier R ships (out of a total of eight) were identical, with deck 8 being for PH mini-suites only (plus vista and owner suites at the two ends). Then they thought it would be more profitable to have more of the regular cabins instead of some PH mini-suites (then category B in the Reneissance days, when the regular cabins were from category C downwards). But they regretted this decision afterwards, when it was too late to change.

After Oceania bought R1 to R3, they were alright with PH mini-suites on deck 8 anyway. But Azamara got two of the last three R ships without mini-suites. So they modified them back to have the stern half of regular cabins on deck 8 converted back to mini-suites. So deck 8 of the Azamara R ships are different from those of Oceania.

That is as much as we know of this topic. Wish you the best .. meow!

It looks like you lucked out by choosing 6057. Here's a photo of 6055 on the Journey. 6055 on the Quest should be identical.

2229161320101716102S600x600Q85.jpg

6055 has the bathroom on the left as you enter, so 6057 should have the bathroom on the right. Enjoy your cruise.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I appreciate your help and the picture!!

Lani

okay..couldn't help it..waited and since no one else asked I just gotta..

question .

WHY?

:D

I think you're asking, why would anyone care on which side the bath is located?

It probably is because it makes a difference on which side the bed is located. The bed is on the same side as the bath. When the cabin layout is reversed, it places one side of the bed closer to the outer side of the cabin or to the living space. On Marina, it makes a big difference because the closets are beside the bed. and the location of the bed determines which side of the bed is on the closet side. Also, in standard veranda cabins, the outboard side of the bed is closer to the sofa and sliding door.

If you are among the majority of people who have become accustomed to sleeping on one side of the bed or the other, it might make a difference to you as to what you are near. For example, if you are in a "left bath" and typically sleep on the right side of the bed, you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get to the bathroom. If you frequently get up in the dark, you might prefer a "right bath", because that way the right side of the bed is closer to the bathroom.

Or, maybe one just gets bored with the same ol' same ol', and wants a change...:cool:

I think you're asking, why would anyone care on which side the bath is located?

It probably is because it makes a difference on which side the bed is located. The bed is on the same side as the bath. When the cabin layout is reversed, it places one side of the bed closer to the outer side of the cabin or to the living space. On Marina, it makes a big difference because the closets are beside the bed. and the location of the bed determines which side of the bed is on the closet side. Also, in standard veranda cabins, the outboard side of the bed is closer to the sofa and sliding door.

If you are among the majority of people who have become accustomed to sleeping on one side of the bed or the other, it might make a difference to you as to what you are near. For example, if you are in a "left bath" and typically sleep on the right side of the bed, you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get to the bathroom. If you frequently get up in the dark, you might prefer a "right bath", because that way the right side of the bed is closer to the bathroom.

Or, maybe one just gets bored with the same ol' same ol', and wants a change...:cool:

You answered perfectly Don! The reason for me is because I always sleep facing the right side on the right side of the bed. And husband always gets the "ocean" view. So, just wanna switch it up for a change.

My question is slightly different. How can you tell which direction the bed faces. We were on Azamara Journey and the bed faced the wrong way so I had to reverse the bedding! On our Oceania cruise it faced forward. But just luck, I guess.

I am very prone to motion sickness and I need the bed to face forward-as when I am sitting up in it. Otherwise it is like riding in a train backwards. I also need to face forward in the dining room but have always found everyone very accommodating. I guess nobody wants a tablemate to turn green.

Any way to tell which way the bed is facing in a particular cabin?

...Any way to tell which way the bed is facing in a particular cabin?

While there are some possible exceptions (on Insignia, Regatta or Nautica the category "E" cabins are different, and on Marina/Riviera, the Inside cabins n=may be different, and the "big" suites -- what Jim calls the "OVO" suites -- Owners, Vista and Oceania -- are different), most of the outside, veranda and penthouse cabins have one thing in common --

the bed is always on the same side as the bathroom.

This is either "right" or "left", depending on which way you turn into the bathroom when entering the cabin. As you continue straight into the cabin, if you passed the bathroom on your left, the bed will be on the left, and vice versa.

The beds that will face forward (as you are sitting up in it, or the direction in which your feet are closest) will be "left" baths on the Port (left) side of the ship, and "right" baths on the Starboard (right) side of the ship.

Determining whether it's a right or left bath is the original subject of this thread. On Marina/Riviera it's easy -- find the interactive deck plan on http://oceaniacruises.com and find your cabin. The deck plan shows a "bump" at the hallway end of each cabin -- that's where the entry door is. If the "bump" is on the right, it's a left bath.

Marina%20Partial%20Deck%20Plan.jpeg

On Regatta, Insignia or Nautica (the "R" ships), it's more difficult because the deck plans don't show the "bump" where the entrance door is. Therefore, the best you can do is locate a picture of a nearby cabin (search online or ask here -- someone will help), and try to figure out which is which by realizing that the cabins alternate -- if 7078 is a left bath, 7076 will be a right, and so forth.

I suffered from motion sickness when I was younger; I know how important these things are!

Determining whether it's a right or left bath is the original subject of this thread. On Marina/Riviera it's easy -- find the interactive deck plan on http://oceaniacruises.com and find your cabin. The deck plan shows a "bump" at the hallway end of each cabin -- that's where the entry door is. If the "bump" is on the right, it's a left bath.

Marina%20Partial%20Deck%20Plan.jpeg

Don

I hate to disagree with you because you are the expert but;)

We were in 7114 & the bath was on the left same as the bumpout

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2490955100101934561waPpNm

The door is recessed from the hallway walls

Lyn

We've stayed in 6064, 6066 & 6062 respectively. 6064 the bed and bath are on the left. 6066 & 6062, both are on the right.

Motion sickness is a funny animal. In 6064 with glass seas, I was an unpleasant shade of green. In 6066 and 6062 sitting in bed facing aft, in rough seas, I was fine.

Go figure.

Archived