Excursions on Pearls of the Rivera

chetster

Am wondering which ports have plenty of on shore excursions and which we should rely on Oceania to do. Obviously, the ship's excursions are pricey but they do get you back on the boat on time. Very reassuring.

It is all about your comfort level

We usually do not do ship's excursions but have done a few & they are fine

Most private guides will get you back on time as well it is their livelihood.

If they do start missing the ship they will not be in business very long

Join your Roll call and meet your cruisers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

We just got off Marina's Pearls of the Riviera this morning. We didn't take any of Oceania's shore excursions, but we did do private excursions in Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, and Sorrento.

The excursions were booked for an average of 8 passengers and cost between 75 and 85 Euros per person (plus tip). We had great tour guides/drivers and enjoyed the smaller groups. It was a wonderful way to get to know our fellow CC passengers, too.

I'd be happy to share information about the tour companies we used.

Suzan

Suzan1028@comcast.net

FWIW, just about all the ports on this itinerary had shuttle buses, which came in really handy, especialy if you like to do your own thing.

Hi Suzan - it was nice to meet you :).

Hi, Paul. :) Are you getting your land legs back yet? I woke up this morning expecting to go out on the veranda then down to Terrace Cafe for breakfast. Big surprise....the ship wasn't there any longer! :eek:

You're right, the shuttle buses were a huge help. And, the tender service was a lot better than I had expected. (Yes, there were some minor glitches *delays* in two ports with the tenders, but that was it.)

Suzan

Hi, Paul. :) Are you getting your land legs back yet? I woke up this morning expecting to go out on the veranda then down to Terrace Cafe for breakfast. Big surprise....the ship wasn't there any longer! :eek:

You're right, the shuttle buses were a huge help. And, the tender service was a lot better than I had expected. (Yes, there were some minor glitches *delays* in two ports with the tenders, but that was it.)

Suzan

At least you are home already :)

We are at the airport now still facing the long flight back home to SFO - then comes the jet lag, laundry, etc :eek:

It was a great trip.

At least you are home already :)

We are at the airport now still facing the long flight back home to SFO - then comes the jet lag, laundry, etc :eek:

It was a great trip.

We'll have that long plane ride home soon...not just yet. I dread it, but the trip was well worth it.

Safe journey.

Suzan

Archived