Take on drinks Pacific Sun

Rosiepie

Thank You Alan :) DH will be happy.

I was surprised at post #6. I thought P & O must have the latest technology re scanners, but , hmmmm, that didn't seem likely.

Ann

Do they have scanners? Yes! Do you take a risk using rum runners, empty mouth wash bottles, soft drink bottles, refillable ice coolers? Yes! Do some make it through? Yes! Do some get called to the Pursers Desk? Yes

Only you can decide if you want to risk this or not. :D Good luck and happy sailing :D

The scanners that are used at the cruise terminals are the same are the same scanners used at the air ports ( customs/ air port / cruise lines).

Love Thied.

• 11 months later...
OMG Bonnilee, public humiliation :eek: . I did not expect that. I pictured a discreet room.

Now, I read that even buying a bottle at the bar is not easy.

Yes, Fiona, I would appreciate an e conversation. Just in case DH wants to live dangerously.

Many thanks for your replies.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I usually take my left over bottle of wine from dinner with me when I leave the dining room. Most people leave it for the next night as they will store it for you. You could also order 2 bottles together and take the second with you too.

Hi Ann,

I usually take my left over bottle of wine from dinner with me when I leave the dining room. Most people leave it for the next night as they will store it for you. You could also order 2 bottles together and take the second with you too.

About July or so in 2011, P&O AU decided to allow room service ordering and delivery of wine and beer and be less stuffy about drinking in your room - still no spirits in half bottles as on other lines. A very limited range for room service 4 reds ($36 - 48) and 4 whites ($29-46). Plus (of course) the $3 delivery charge. Availability of wine at bars around the ship with a longer and more varied list - at least on Pacific Jewel in September 2011 - was uncomplicated and basically walk up and take away if you wished or call a passing server if you preferred.

Cheers Colleen

Archived