Having to cancel our cruise

MikeandAmy

I am so MAD right now, we had to cancel our cruise this upcoming Dec. These gas prices have killed our budget, I am an independent contractor and drive over 200 miles a day and my gas bill has more than doubled... Oh well maybe next year... :(

I'm sorry :(

...and we have pi$$ed away 2 years of that 7 year cycle that could bring us towards independence. But' date=' some smart people in the White House think it is a good idea to invest in Brazil's drilling so we can buy their oil. :confused:

Oh, and your $100,000,000 "estimate" is pure Liberal speak for, we need that money for other things to advance out agenda.

PE[/color']

I thought Billie5 had a well-thought- out statement. Unlike this blah,blah,blah, fox, blah, blah,blah.

Back to cruising: Sorry you had to cancel. Hearing the prices of gas in England & Germany really makes you think!

I thought Billie5 had a well-thought- out statement. Unlike this blah,blah,blah, fox, blah, blah,blah.

Back to cruising: Sorry you had to cancel. Hearing the prices of gas in England & Germany really makes you think!

Is Fox the only fall back you liberals have? We don't blah, blah, blah, MSNBC, blah, blah or blah, blah, blah, CNN, blah, blah your statements. :confused:

Oh, and you forgot to throw in the word extreme.

PE

Actually, the high gas prices are a result of the devaluation of the US dollar. This is why groceries are costing more as well, our dollar is worth less.

Thank you Mr. President, you are succeeding in destroying our country, one cruise at a time!!

That's because "some people" want to keep things cushy for the rich and don't give a hoot about the majority of us.

Wow... Us rich people work very hard for our cushy life, just so you know. Money does not fall into most rich peoples laps, we work very hard and we sacrifice so we can provide for our families. America is the land of opportunity and if someone chooses not to make the most of their lives, that is not the rich folks fault. And, I do give a "hoot" about my fellow Americans and my country.

:( To the OP, sorry you have to cancel.

As for some of the other posters, we haven't had coherent, comprehensive energy policy for the last 40 years. All the altenatives people are suggesting should be adopted in some measure.

Increase oil production, increase public transportaion, conserve enrgy, use alternative sources. It's complex & one size does not fit all.

The U.S has be paying BILLIONS in subsidies to the oil companies for many years, 4 billion last year accoring to the OMB!

I think I can safely say, all of us would like to pay less for our cruises because fuel prices go lower. Maybe we could take more cruises or even A cruise in the case of the OP

Folks, cruisers ought to understand this. We are all on the same ship & it's sinking. We're taking potshots at each other & making more holes in the boat! Please, this is not the place for partisan rancor.

Cindy

Actually, the high gas prices are a result of the devaluation of the US dollar. This is why groceries are costing more as well, our dollar is worth less.

Thank you Mr. President, you are succeeding in destroying our country, one cruise at a time!!

While I don't agree with your reason why gas prices are high, I do agree with your second paragraph.

I sure do with there was simply a "like" button, like on facebook.

:( To the OP, sorry you have to cancel.

As for some of the other posters, we haven't had coherent, comprehensive energy policy for the last 40 years. All the altenatives people are suggesting should be adopted in some measure.

Increase oil production, increase public transportaion, conserve enrgy, use alternative sources. It's complex & one size does not fit all.

The U.S has be paying BILLIONS in subsidies to the oil companies for many years, 4 billion last year accoring to the OMB!

I think I can safely say, all of us would like to pay less for our cruises because fuel prices go lower. Maybe we could take more cruises or even A cruise in the case of the OP

Folks, cruisers ought to understand this. We are all on the same ship & it's sinking. We're taking potshots at each other & making more holes in the boat! Please, this is not the place for partisan rancor.

Cindy

Thank you. The problem with high gas prices is not solely this administration (which, by the way, only controls 1/3 of the government), the previous administration or those before it but rather combined as a whole.

It's simple supply and demand and with oil being a non-renewable resource, as supply diminishes (and obviously demand increases namely because of output of India and China) the price of oil will continue to rise. It's sad but true.

Is Fox the only fall back you liberals have? We don't blah' date=' blah, blah, MSNBC, blah, blah or blah, blah, blah, CNN, blah, blah your statements. :confused:

Oh, and you forgot to throw in the word extreme.

[/color']

Sorry, Planer. I was not trying to upset your political sensibilities. I was trying to put a few facts into the discussion.

Active drilling of a deepwater well exceeds $400,000 per day (not a difficult figure to reconfirm, if you look), and rarely takes less than 100 days. That accounts for half of the cost. The rest is planning, completion and hookup costs, usually amounting to about the same and measured in years rather than days. I am sorry, but none of those figures come from CNN, Fox or any of the news media, although I assume that if they do make a report on costs, their numbers would not differ by much.

Despite the blah-blah-blah statements, you are correct that 2 years have been lost. Unfortunately, it is also true that none of this has the volume potential to substantially lower the world-wide oil shortage.

There are some alternative technologies on the horizon, but probably the 20-year horizon in terms of making a substantial difference, so for our children more than for us. In my opinion, the most interesting is the 'thorium reactor', which substitutes thorium for (most of the) uranium or plutonium. Both China and India are betting on this, to a much greater extent than we are. The U.S. is one of a handful of nations with large supplies of thorium ore, which coincidentally includes China and India. This direction for future energy production is just my personal opinion.

Sorry, Planer. I was not trying to upset your political sensibilities. I was trying to put a few facts into the discussion.

I hope you do realize that you quoted what I said to someone else. The blah, blah, blah was not directed at you, it was directed at Wormy who played the typical Fox comeback when all intelligence is not available for a cogent response.

PE

I am so MAD right now, we had to cancel our cruise this upcoming Dec. These gas prices have killed our budget, I am an independent contractor and drive over 200 miles a day and my gas bill has more than doubled... Oh well maybe next year... :(

I feel very lucky that I get to work from home 3 days a week. We are driving from Vermont to South Dakota this summer and even with the gas prices it will still be cheaper then flying.

That needs some explanation. I am not aware of the President taking a cruise. :rolleyes:

Wow... Us rich people work very hard for our cushy life, just so you know. Money does not fall into most rich peoples laps, we work very hard and we sacrifice so we can provide for our families. America is the land of opportunity and if someone chooses not to make the most of their lives, that is not the rich folks fault. And, I do give a "hoot" about my fellow Americans and my country.

Never said you didn't work hard or didn't deserve your comfort or didn't care about your fellow Americans. A little defensive?

Can we get back to the topic, people? The connections being made here are thin, at best, and this is not the proper venue to express your well- or mis- placed emotions about politics.

Archived