Is Murano Glass Museum Open on Wednesdays?

trabeler

We will be in Venice in June on the Solstice, arriving at 2 pm on Tuesday and departing at 2 pm on Wednesday.

Our original plan was to see the area around St. Marks on Tuesday and then go to Murano for the museum there on Wednesday.

Many sites say that the museum is closed on Wednesdays, however the official museum site has no mention of Wednesday closures:

http://www.museiciviciveneziani.it/frame.asp?area=info&musid=12&parte=orario&sezione=musei

Could anyone local confirm if the museum is still closed on Wednesdays or not? I've sent an email to the museum but haven't heard back so far.

Thanks!

trabeler, You are correct that the official web site link you provided does NOT show they are closed on Wed. They say they don't have tours on Wed but don't say they are completely closed. If I were you I'd use the e-mail address and write to them asking for clarity.

I found out today that Venice has discontinued the St. Marks Museum +1 pass, that would let you go to one museum in addition to the four in St. Mark's square.

Our plan was to get that pass and use the +1 for the Glass Museum.

The +1 pass has been discontinued as of April 1. They now only offer the pass to ALL civic museums or just the pass for the four St. Mark's museums.

Archived