Bfast on Port days????????

We are on the FOS East this summer.

We will be in Coco Cay our 1st day! So.....I know we will be up and ready with suits on, cover ups, snorkle gear, bags packed for the day.

Is it best to do room service on port days or is Windjammer best? How early do you hit the WJ on port days?

I think for us on port days, that Bfast is more of a neccessity than anything. It will help hold us off till lunch.

The next 2 days, if I remember right? Are sea days and we can sleep in, unwind and take our time at Bfast.

We are a beach family.

We will be in Coco Cay our 1st day! So.....I know we will be up and ready with suits on, cover ups, snorkle gear, bags packed for the day.

Is it best to do room service on port days or is Windjammer best? How early do you hit the WJ on port days?

I think for us on port days, that Bfast is more of a neccessity than anything. It will help hold us off till lunch.

The next 2 days, if I remember right? Are sea days and we can sleep in, unwind and take our time at Bfast.

We are a beach family.

Your choices will be windjammer, main dining room or room service. You can also get breakfast pastries in the Café Promenade.

We try to head to WJ when they first let people off the boat. While people are lined up to get off we're enjoying the WJ with usually less crowds. We usually leave the boat about a hour after it docks. If you have a balcony room service breakfast can be nice.

IMO - I do it in reverse. I would sleep in for CC to avoid the crowds at WJ and disembark and would be at WJ early on sea days to get chairs at the pool. Whatever works for you, everyone has their personal preferences.

We never try to be "first off"...too many crowds! We get a leisurely breakfast in the dining room, then head off the ship. There's plenty of room on Coco Cay for everyone, and there's no need to rush. Most folks don't venture beyond the 1st set of chairs at the 1st beach...they plop down in the first available space. There's lots of other areas to be on Coco Cay and PLENTY of space!

If you wish to hurry, order room service or eat at the buffet....

We choose the windjammer. It gives us a little more control over or time than MDR, and more choices than room service.

We travelled with two adult kids which stayed in a separate room. We had an agreed upon time to meet outside the windjammer and disembark. They were welcome to join us at the windjammer to eat, or chose room service (or not eat at all) Each morning they joined us at the windjammer.

Like "Cb at sea" most mornings we didn't chose to be in off the ship at the earliest time. We only had one morning in which we took an tour, that we needed to leave early. The rest of the mornings we took our time and got off around 9:30 or even 10:00

We choose the windjammer. It gives us a little more control over or time than MDR, and more choices than room service.

We travelled with two adult kids which stayed in a separate room. We had an agreed upon time to meet outside the windjammer and disembark. They were welcome to join us at the windjammer to eat, or chose room service (or not eat at all) Each morning they joined us at the windjammer.

Like "Cb at sea" most mornings we didn't chose to be in off the ship at the earliest time. We only had one morning in which we took an tour, that we needed to leave early. The rest of the mornings we took our time and got off around 9:30 or even 10:00

Personally, I always feel the need to rush our group to be first off. I hate the thought of missing a minute of port time. So we order room service, eat as we get ready and plan on being off the ship as soon as it is allowed.

We order room service if it is a morning we want to be off early. Just easier that way for us. We did get on to coco cay on the early boat..it is so nice and quiet there before all the crowds start coming off the ship !

I don't like room service. We tried it and the food was awful. We ended up rushing to grab something the WJ.

Lots of places at CC.

I'm so excited to see that the Freedom is going to CC. So, I checked your dates cause I wanted CC on my intinery, but don't want to sail on the Monarch or Majesty. Well, anyways, your sailing of 8/7 is a Western. 7/31 and 8/14 are the Eastern sailings. Did you happen to just put the wrong date down on your ticker?:eek:

I have heard that Room Service is in very high demand on Alaska cruises, we will be doing the inside passage Morning (early am) should we order breakfast the night before - 1st trip don't want to miss anything!

We are a beach family.

I sleep in for a bit because I've partied too late the night before. :p

And even with that, I'll head to the Windjammer while everyone and their mother tries to rush off the ship. That way I can enjoy a nice breakfast with conversation and then head off the ship at a leisurely pace. The beach will still be there.

The only time I'll get up early is if I've booked an early excursion. Well, who am I kidding -- if my gf books "us" an early excursion (why does she continue to *do* that?!?).

Personally, I always feel the need to rush our group to be first off. I hate the thought of missing a minute of port time. So we order room service, eat as we get ready and plan on being off the ship as soon as it is allowed.

I'm that type too. I'd rather be off early so that we can get it all done right away. If we finish exploring early then there's no harm done since it just makes sure we'll be back to the ship on time. I hate having to watch my clock, it ruins the experience for me.

If its an early port day, they typically open the dining venues earlier for breakfast to compensate. I've never been too satisfied with room service offerings (and there sometimes feels like there is little room to eat while everyone is getting ready).

Archived