cabin 7002 pics

CenShip

https://picasaweb.google.com/greglee0/SummitCabin7002?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjI4qT064C-bQ&feat=directlink

This link is to some pics of cabin 7002 on the Summit taken on the April 16 - 23 cruise. There seems to be allot of interest in these cabins on the Milli class ships. It is quite larger than the standard ocean-view's 170 sq. ft listed in the Celebrity descriptions. There is an area I call the entry hall with a narrow wall between it and the main cabin. This contains the entry door, the bathroom and the closets. The main cabin area is very long and slightly tapered due to the curve in the exterior wall. There is a large open area between the bed and the entry hall. The pull-out bed (sleeper) opens to this area at night. Good for a small child or two as a play area during the day. :o

Also see the picture captions.

Great pics!! We have the sister cabin (7003) booked on the Infinity for a couple 2 week trips in 2012 and these are the best pics I've seen of the layout. Thanks.

We were in 7002 on Constellation last month. Fabulous! A lot more space for no more cost. If you are willing to not have a balcony and gain a heck of a lot of extra space, this room is very much worth seeking out. It does tend to get booked far out though.

'welcome, sarahc78. That's the idea. Would not know these "odd" cabins were there from Celebrity. There are a number of them on the 4 Milli class ships.

Edited by CenShip

They are terrible, TERRIBLE cabins!:p You will just hate them;););). (That's why we've booked them 3 times on previous cruises. Actually, even better were the similar ones on Mercury - 8004 etc.)

Actually, as wonderful as they are (o.k., now I've admitted it), be sure that you aren't likely to react to the "motion of the ocean", as you will feel every one of the waves in these very forward cabins!

Great pics!! We have the sister cabin (7003) booked on the Infinity for a couple 2 week trips in 2012 and these are the best pics I've seen of the layout. Thanks.

I have been in 7003 and it is great too:)

https://picasaweb.google.com/greglee0/SummitCabin7002?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjI4qT064C-bQ&feat=directlink

This link is to some pics of cabin 7002 on the Summit taken on the April 16 - 23 cruise. There seems to be allot of interest in these cabins on the Milli class ships. It is quite larger than the standard ocean-view's 170 sq. ft listed in the Celebrity descriptions. There is an area I call the entry hall with a narrow wall between it and the main cabin. This contains the entry door, the bathroom and the closets. The main cabin area is very long and slightly tapered due to the curve in the exterior wall. There is a large open area between the bed and the entry hall. The pull-out bed (sleeper) opens to this area at night. Good for a small child or two as a play area during the day. :o

Also see the picture captions.

Great photos:)thanks for sharing them with us. I have been in 7003

before and these cabins are really large!

They are terrible, TERRIBLE cabins!:p You will just hate them;););). (That's why we've booked them 3 times on previous cruises. Actually, even better were the similar ones on Mercury - 8004 etc.)

Actually, as wonderful as they are (o.k., now I've admitted it), be sure that you aren't likely to react to the "motion of the ocean", as you will feel every one of the waves in these very forward cabins!

TenerifeSharon:

You had me going for a minute! Interesting comment on the Mercury, will not get the chance to see her.

The sea was calm on this one but getting up at night to P (being a 60+ male) was an adventure, being closer to the bathroom would have been better then.

Also walking the length of the ship from the dining room to the cabin helped with the weight gain!

BTW, I would like to hear about the Meridian as compared to the Equinox if you would be so kind. Interesting stuff for us Celebrity fans.

Edited by CenShip

TenerifeSharon:

You had me going for a minute! Interesting comment on the Mercury, will not get the chance to see her.

The sea was calm on this one but getting up at night to P (being a 60+ male) was an adventure, being closer to the bathroom would have been better then.

Also walking the length of the ship from the dining room to the cabin helped with the weight gain!

BTW, I would like to hear about the Meridian as compared to the Equinox if you would be so kind. Interesting stuff for us Celebrity fans.

How could anyone not LOVE their first cruise??

The Meridian was very special for us -- to make a long story short: We had actually booked a mediterranean cruise on a 3* ship to celebrate our 10th anniversary. About 4 weeks before our sailing date, the ship was sold. The ship also belonged to Chandris and, in exchange, they offered us the Meridian cruise leaving from San Juan instead (the only additional cost was the r-t flight from Germany -- which was not expensive as they also had a flight offer). The best part -- besides the fantastic cruise itself -- was that because the 3* ship (Victoria, IIRC) was so inexpensive for the suite that we had booked instead of an OV (no balconies back then:p), they ended up giving us the biggest suite on Meridian as an even exchange. That was our first -- and last, to date -- suite! But, the trip was so fantastic that we were hooked!:D

BTW - back then the butler (a new experience for us) even told us we SHOULD buy alcohol at the island stops so that he could prepare cocktail parties in our suite for our new cruise friends. No limits back then on what was allowed to be brought onboard. Gee, if CC had existed back then, we probably would have had more than just 2 gatherings in our cabin during the 12 nights. ;)

What great memories!

• 1 month later...

I just booked 7002 on Summit:D:):Dsailing to Bermuda over Labor Day!

Cannot wait:)

Hi Sharon, hope you are doing well and are missed on the other thread.

Please come say hello:)

• 3 weeks later...
Booked 7002 Summit for August 7th....:D love a forward cabin...as we do love the motion of the ocean!!

Have fun:D and do me a big favor, and keep her in good shape for me:)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in again with another question.

I have read somewhere on these posts that the only other problem is you might hear some noises when they drop the anchor.

We are looking at the Summit for a Southern Caribbean cruise with a stop every day.

Do you think that cabin 7002/7003 is a good choice for us? Will we hear the anchor every morning early since there a 6 stops in our 7 days cruise?

The last time we were in the front of the Summit on our Canada/New England cruise, I remember we hear some metallic noises and vibrations early at every port. Is that the anchor dropping?

I will love the size of this cabin but we are kind of late risers and this may be a deal breaker for us...

Thanks everyone for their pictures and advices.

• 5 months later...
Dear lv2cook and Lois R;

Could you be so kind to let me know if you feel a lot of motion in these cabins (7002 and 7003) when you get back?

Thanks

Hi, I had to cancel the cruise I was booked on back in Sept due to the

death of my Dad:(

But...... I did have this very forward cabin back in May 2010. I

do know I felt more motion than a mid ship cabin but nothing that

really bothered me too much. If it was available? I would definitely

book it again:)

Thanks so much for the great photos & very detailed descriptions CenShip. They are by far the best I have seen anywhere.

I have booked 7002 for a Jan 2013 14-night Asia sailing. We are a family of 3 and I know we will appreciate the extra space.

Thanks for your efforts

Ando

• 2 weeks later...