Single hosted cruise vs doing it alone

thefer

Hi

It looks like I am planning to take another cruise. This will be my 3rd one on Royal Caribbean. My last cruise on Royal Caribbean up to Alaska was not one of my best cruises. We had dinning room issues. After 5 years, I have decided to attempt Royal Caribbean because of the ports of calls that Freedom of the Seas go to and I would like to try the bigger ship. I figure it has more options in the way of activities/meals than Seranade of the Seas.

I have two options that I am trying to decide which way to go. I am looking at taking the June 26 cruise out of Port Canaveral. It goes to 4 ports. I can either go on a single hosted cruise on the same ship/same date for $2091 for one person or book directly through the cruise line for an inside guarentee for a little over $1700. I am traveling single on this cruise. Is it worth it to go on a single hosted cruise or not. On my last cruises, I did not and I met alot of great people.

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

I've debated the same question.

After 12 cruises of solo travel, I've had no problem meeting interesting people.

I can't help but wonder if a singles cruise might be even better ?

Archived